Remove this ad

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#21 [url]

Jul 15 13 12:05 PM

my clinic will replace them as long as you can prove they took them and they also give us DUI's if they find out you have went to the clinic and dosed earlier....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#22 [url]

Jul 16 13 5:18 AM

my clinic will replace them as long as you can prove they took them and they also give us DUI's if they find out you have went to the clinic and dosed earlier....

-wayovermyhead

That's good. My clinic will replace them if you get a receipt from the cops that they took them, but most times over here if the bottles have your name on etc, they don't have the legal right to take them and keep them from you.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#23 [url]

Jul 16 13 5:22 AM

I sure do miss smoking really good POT...ain't no way I can.... and I have come to terms with it..
However, my psychiatrist  says that for people who are moderately bipolar have very good results because it is a mood elevator can't wait till it is legal in my state..  

-reviewsatisfaction

You're kidding?! For people that are bi-polar pot is one of the things that can make the condition worse I always thought from the psych's that I have seen, well the THC in it anyway.

What I can't understand is, even of it becomes legal in a particular state, it's still illegal, as the federal law hasn't changed so would the clinic still see it as an illicit substance?

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#24 [url]

Jul 16 13 5:26 AM

now they if they are in a locked box the cop can't open them without your permission, at least in our country/state. 

-sweetskullzgraphics

Good point. Don't they need a warrant for anything locked?

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#25 [url]

Jul 16 13 7:35 PM

Listen cops can't even ask you for your ID unless you have given them reason to....They can't search your car...you do not even have to tell them your name...people do not realize this as cops are bullies and they start asking these questions Immediately so everyone assumes they have to answer....and yes there are dirty cops that will lock you up or find a way to make you answr but if you are truly brave and you stick to your guns show no fear and do not waiver and they get the idea you do indeed know your rights they will let you go regardless of them stopping you...License checkpoints and dui checkpoints are illegal and against the law for them you can refuse and drive right thru them....Hang on and I will get eman to post one or two of them

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#27 [url]

Jul 17 13 5:49 AM

Listen cops can't even ask you for your ID unless you have given them reason to....They can't search your car...you do not even have to tell them your name...people do not realize this as cops are bullies and they start asking these questions Immediately so everyone assumes they have to answer....and yes there are dirty cops that will lock you up or find a way to make you answr but if you are truly brave and you stick to your guns show no fear and do not waiver and they get the idea you do indeed know your rights they will let you go regardless of them stopping you...License checkpoints and dui checkpoints are illegal and against the law for them you can refuse and drive right thru them....Hang on and I will get eman to post one or two of them

-wayovermyhead

Good advice. As long as your are polite, and don't act like a know it all ass (which really winds cops up), they will see that you are not going to be bullied into anything and leave you alone.

There is always the odd one that will just be an ass anyway, but hopefully they are in the minority these days.

Quote    Reply   

the elephantman

#28 [url]

Jul 17 13 8:41 AM

There are many more videos like the one i posted above. Go to youtube and type in "DUI checkpoint refusal." U should get many results and a lot of interesting videos.

Quote    Reply   

kristjen86

#29 [url]

Aug 11 13 11:36 AM

this is amazing.... i never knew that vitamin B-2, Advil, freaking Naproxen (i take ALL three) could cause a false positive for ANYTHING... this is amazing information truly mate.... i am blown away by this, i really don't know what to say - while i was reading it i had like a million and one questions. i understand that a false positive is pretty freaking rare and all, but actually a false negative is pretty common at least in my experience with UAs... i am prescribed and have been taking for my seizure disorder - prescribed by the VA Neurologists and Psychiatrists because of my Service-Connected disabilities for medications that my old clinic had ZERO problem with:
Primidone (a barbiturate anti-seizure medication similar to Phenobarbital, it actually is Phenobarb but has a few things added lol a throwback to the 70s)
Clonazepam (benzo which stops the Myoclonic fits, anxiety, depression, insomnia, etc)
Temazepam (benzo also called Restoril[sp?] that is used alongside Clonazepam or Alprozelam/Xanax or just Diazepam/Valium or even Lorazepam/Ativan to help with PTSD related sleep disorder)
Levetiracetam (the true Miracle medication found not by any doctor, but by my loving wife who just wanted to try to help me to be able to walk normally again after suffering a TBI while in the Army. it literally opens the sodium ion channels in the brain which stop Glutamate from running wild by releasing Gabba from the sodium ion channels and stopping the Glutamate toxicity from giving me seizure after seizure, when used with the other two (Clonazepam and Primidone) it stops ALL Myoclonic, Tonic, and Clonic seizures altogether allowing me not only to walk without a walker but to walk nearly perfectly. i am so thankful for that but that is another story altogether.

anyways, my point is that i also take for my insomnia - OTC Advil/Ibuprofen PM (diphenhydramine added, you know the stuff that's in benadryl), Naproxen (for my torn rotator cuff in my left and right shoulders from the Army once again and the extreme back pain, neck pain, and shin splints which have become permanent after nearly eight years), A,B,C,D et al vitamins daily (because I unfortunately have some pretty severe health problems, if you didn't get that from the rest of my post lol ;-) ), and sometimes, and i stress SOMETIMES - like possibly once per couple months when the pain or the insomnia or something else is just unbearable i may smoke a few hits of Marijuana. I don't even like the feeling of freaking marijuana but it stops the pain, or at least dulls it, and it also stops or takes my mind off any detox effect as long as it is a minor one - obviously i don't think i could just stop taking a powerful opioid like methadone cold turkey (nor would it be safe to do) and just smoke marijuana or something while taking valium to allow me to get  through it without major repercussions whether they be to my health directly or to my psyche. basically, the marijuana is just a small tool that is used on very rare occasions which my old clinic understood completely because of the extent of my injuries from the Army and the problems i have today and i guess i could have popped positive on any test they gave me for marijuana just because of the vitamin B, Advil, Naproxen, Aleve, etc... but they didn't test for it because it really wasn't a big deal to them as i think it shouldn't be to anyone...

sorry i originally was saying that the false negatives - i take all of these medications, but on many of my UAs it showed me positive for one of them and negative for the others which caused my counselors (i obviously had just one at a time but my first was fired, my second moved to NY, and my third was... well... a new guy to the business who i saw all of two times and didn't know how to send my paperwork to the new clinic and didn't send the VA benefit information and really just doesn't know JACK) to ask if i had stopped one of my medications.... to which i always replied truthfully - NO of course i didn't stop one of them. it went so far one time that for six months in a row i tested negative for Barbs even though i had been taking them for years as prescribed and had actually just had my medication slightly increased! so these tests are less than 100% reliable obviously... and the fact that for the poor folks who are on parole or probation and then get a false positive are thrown in freaking jail is just ridiculous based on urine screens... they should be made illegal as they violate just about every amendment in the bill of rights that deal with the government persecuting citizens.

Sincerely,
Kris

Quote    Reply   

zac talbott

#30 [url]

Aug 25 13 1:35 PM

@SapphireWe heard that too but it was a long time ago. Our clinic switched to lock boxes supposedly (I think they are required federally now) because cops were sitting out in our parking lot and pulling people over after they left and dumping all their take-homes and saying they were doing it bc 'they couldnt be sure it was methadone in those bottles' lol it was stupid so now they if they are in a locked box the cop can't open them without your permission, at least in our country/state. 

-sweetskullzgraphics

Just a note: Lockboxes, bags, etc. are NOT required by federal or state regs (none of the current state regs I am familiar with, anyway)... This is a clinic by clinic requirement. Just FYI... Don't let your clinics tell you it's a federal or state regulation. It is not. :-) 

Because treatment works,

Zac Talbott | Director & Patient Advocate

Together we can make a difference!

Visit NAMA Recovery's We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine) Forums
and/or the Methadone & Buprenorphine Discussion group on Facebook

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

zac talbott

#31 [url]

Aug 25 13 1:41 PM

-wayovermyhead

That is an unlawful DUI/arrest... I hope that any patients that happens to will file a grievance and stand up for their rights. We are fighting two such cases in TN right now.  Anytime patients have stood up for their rights and not just "rolled over" and allowed a Public Defender to enter a plea of guilty to accept a deal, etc., but when patients have actually stood up for their rights and said "NO; This is a violation of my federal rights under the ADA," then the cases have ALWAYS been won, though sometimes it's been on appeal.... But, either way, this is an unlawful arrest if/when it happens. Please file a grievance against the law enforcement agency if this occurs & pass this info along!!!!  

IMPORTANT NOTE: The ADA's protection ceases to exist if you have illicit substances present in your system. For example, if a patient is pulled over and given a DUI for medicating with methadone the ADA will certainly protect you if you only have methadone and/or LICIT substances in your system.... However, if you receive such a DUI and also have an illicit substance then the ADA's protection ceases (unfortunately). I don't think that's necessarily RIGHT (that if a methadone patient gets a DUI but happens to have THC from smoking a joint the weekend before that the ADA's protection wouldn't apply), but that's just the way it is.   

Because treatment works,

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#32 [url]

Aug 26 13 2:49 AM

Quick question for y'all about oral swabs;

I had an oral swab done at the clinic last appointment, and then when I turned up for this appointment, the swab was negative for methadone and benzo's ( I was prescribed a week's worth of benzo's due to fmail y issues).

I saw the counsellor seal my swab and stick my name on it etc and then deal in in the bag, so it definitely was my sample.

When I questioned her about it, she said something about there being a 24hr detection window with swabs, which is why the sometimes come back negative of everything.

Is that true, or is she just BS'ing me.

I asked to do a UA there and then to remove any doubt that I was not taking my meds, and the UA was fine, although she did time me with a stop watch to see how long I was in the bathroom!!!

Quote    Reply   

savalast

#33 [url]

Aug 26 13 3:05 AM

We talk about ua's and swabs etc but here's something crazy. My clinic went from feeling your ua to see if it's warm, to putting it on those pads that tell the temperature. Now they changed the system again. When the ua was handed to them they would feel it and put it in the clear envelope with your name on it. Well, last week I go in and they hand me my ua bottle. They also handed me the envelope to put the ua in ourselves! I thought this was a mistake so I asked and was told this was their new policy; not to handle the ua at all. I really don't get this one. Now people that bring in urine are totally safe from detection and I wait hours some time because I can't urinate on demand while people with cold ones drop and go. It's getting to seem that you get punished for doing right.
Savalas,T

Quote    Reply   

zac talbott

#34 [url]

Aug 26 13 7:06 AM

The only issue with oral swabs I'm aware of (why my program stopped using them completely, for example) is that the swabs detect the presence of methadone but NOT the methadone metabolites.... As such, someone could rub a bit of methadone in their mouth & pass without really ingesting the medicine (if they were picking up a month and selling all of their takehomes, for example)... But as far as it testing NEGATIVE when you have taken methadone?? That I have no clue about, and I've never heard of the 24 hours window thing... But there were multiple problems with their reliability, so many clinics over here have stopped using them all together. But, either way, even when the swabs were being used they are only preliminary results. They MUST be confirmed by a lab if there is any dispute on behalf of the patient.

@Savalast, that's crazy... But, at the same time, it's kind of refreshing to hear of a program getting LESS punitive and cutting BACK on all the crazy things they put us ALL through because of a small minority of folks not following the rules. I understand your frustration, but do you see what I mean? At LEAST your program's getting LESS "strict" in terms of putting hundreds of patients through so many hoops in the hopes of stopping a handful.....

zt

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#35 [url]

Aug 26 13 11:38 AM

The only issue with oral swabs I'm aware of (why my program stopped using them completely, for example) is that the swabs detect the presence of methadone but NOT the methadone metabolites.... 

-zac_talbott

The swabs that my clinic use do test for the presence of metabolites, as like you say people were just rubbing methadone round their gums before the test!!

Just confused about the "24 hour window" that the counsellor was wittering on about. As we all know, methadone stays in the system much longer than 24 hours, so I am confused as to what she's talking about and wondered if anyone had encountered anything like this before. 
Or, like I suspect, it's clinic BS to cover up incompetence!!

@savalast - I could not believe this woman was literally timing me with a stop watch to see how long I was in the bathroom peeing into the sample cup. I mean, what the heck did she think I was doing in there?!

All my drug screens are always as they should be (negative for everything except methadone), so she has no reason to be suspicious of me. However, she is to me, a new counsellor, as my wonderful counsellor finally had enough of the clinic BS and left for pastures greener, so perhaps she thinks she can "catch me out".

How she can catch me out when I'm not doing anything wrong, I do not know, but I think it's quite funny that all her little traps and ruses will fall flat as I follow all the rules and am a "model" patient.

Quite annoying though that this new counsellor/patient relationship has started off on a basis of mistrust. Her mistrusting me, and me now mistrusting her as I think she's trying to trip me up.

I'll give her a few more appointments, and if she doesn't stop this shit, I will just change counsellor, and make it clear as day exactly why I am asking for a change. I don't want her doing this to other people, it just doesn't build the therapeutic relationship that you need with a counsellor when they act like this.

All our sample cups have temp strips on the side, and the counsellors/nurses wear gloves when handling the "pee jars"!!

I once gave a very genuine sample, and was told that it was the "wrong" temperature. I didn't know what to say!! I said, well I've just been in your bathroom, pee'd in the jar, come out and handed it to you, it's not my fault if it's the "wrong" temp.

I did another one, (observed) and the temp was wrong again. Turned out the temp strips were faulty and they were saying everyone's pee was the wrong temp. Typical ineptitude that we must face on a daily basis.

Quote    Reply   

getgingeready

#36 [url]

Aug 27 13 12:52 PM

Wow! I honestly can say that some doctors must not know or care bout the possibilities of a false positive . I say this cause I was prescribed phentermine and my pain management Dr was aware of this and it was also listed on my charts of meds I take and 2 of my UA's,1 in DEC 2012 and 1 in may of 2013, came back positive for amphetamines and I was immediately discharged for it. I have screws that hold part of my spine together and I also have a spinal stimulator implant so my need for narcotic pain meds is a very legit need and necessary for a decent functionable life. I'm in dis belief that I had to suffer due to me taking something that is clearly legal and allowed and yet I was made to feel as if I did something wrong and was totally embarrassed. Yea I now have a new Dr but what's gonna happen when he receives my records from my old Dr? Will he agree to treat me or will he deny me due to an illicit drug that was found in my urine that I didn't even take? I'm no longer taking phentermine since back in April but that didn't stop my previous pm Dr from discharging me . What can I do?

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#37 [url]

Aug 28 13 7:57 AM

Hi getgingeready, and welcome to the Dawg!

I'm afraid I'm not sure to the answer to this one.

I would hope, that the new Dr will UA you, and as you are no longer taking the substance that caused the false positive therefore your UA will be as it should, that the new Dr will be cool with that and carry on prescribing.

@Way - what do you think?

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#38 [url]

Aug 29 13 7:51 AM

I am disgusted that a clinic would discharge a patient for a positive UA at all.  Are we on parole or are we on treatment?  As sapphire said tho a clinic will readmit a person who showed positives at an old clinic tho....if we are talking about clinics and not pain management which I think we are.  I am not sure when the "rave" started about discharging patients over 2 scattered UA's positives....But it is becoming more and more a common practice.  There is no room for relapse and yet clinics under dose patients etc...still.  Legally there is nothing anyone can really do as in most admission paperwork somewhere in small print if not large print it will state a patient can be discharge at the clinic's discretion.  But Grievances should be done when clinics act out like this and letters to anyone i.e. medical boards, accrediting agencies etc...Somewhere down the road I hope and am looking into a way we can make clinics accountable for injustices involved in dehumanizing and punishing medical patients with an illness to treat not a moral failing....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#39 [url]

Aug 29 13 9:00 AM

I am disgusted that a clinic would discharge a patient for a positive UA at all.  Are we on parole or are we on treatment?  

-wayovermyhead

They have started this thing in the Uk where if you have more than 3 positive drug screens you're automatically but on Suboxone, as they figure it'll stop you using (which it doesn't/won't).

People have just been dropping out of treatment and buying illicit methadone/opiate pain pills.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#40 [url]

Nov 11 13 4:23 AM

test

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help