Remove this ad

scorpiotl

#61 [url]

Sep 21 12 7:56 AM

@WRi was reading somewhere about vitamin infusions or potentially even enema to clean out my insides of all the sludge and everything from years of opiates.  But I would think Sub would also add to the sludge even though it is a partial agonist and partial antagonist...I will look it up later....but I was curious on your thoughts about this and other vitamin or amino acid protocols....Thx guys,

Scorp

I'm going to change. This is the last of that sort of thing. Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm gonna be just like u

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

roman

#62 [url]

Sep 21 12 2:48 PM

oh i will,im pretty sure i hate his guts the most in the world
now i dont like to say stuff like this,but something has to be done about this killer
another thing that gets to me is the people behind the cameras,,i mean,do they not care
can we somehow get in touch with 1 of these camera people that has a heart,they can help
a whole lot,im working on this as much as i can,i will till somebody tells me that i cant
i fkin hate this killer.

Quote    Reply   

kylea2

#63 [url]

Sep 21 12 3:45 PM

m mn scorp,, how u brother , man i hopr the subs go well, i redrecently, that a person w/ just a pill problem , thrir the right canadate 4 subs, wat r u on subutex  or boxen,pil or film? please fill me in im going 2 a boc in nov when my insurance kicks in n iwana save few hundaweek , w subs,,, man i pray its the answer 2 me,,,im waitin 4 my 1st takout get it 4 sat , thatll b my 1st dayoff then fri sun,n im seut ,wondering ill pm u w/a question on the sub route ,,k great 2 see ya bro,, yory boy ,, ThE  k MAn

The KMaN is bAck in MoTiOn,MONY MAKIN MoFo,, no rAgE , Im FReE , nOt A FrEaK..

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#64 [url]

Sep 21 12 4:36 PM

oh i will,im pretty sure i hate his guts the most in the world
now i dont like to say stuff like this,but something has to be done about this killer
another thing that gets to me is the people behind the cameras,,i mean,do they not care
can we somehow get in touch with 1 of these camera people that has a heart,they can help
a whole lot,im working on this as much as i can,i will till somebody tells me that i cant
i fkin hate this killer.

I am not a violent person and to be very honest I do not hate (too often) but I agree something needs to happen to this SOB.....

-roman

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

zenith

#65 [url]

Sep 21 12 4:44 PM

Way, sorry if this was already said, mike starr was secretly given either subutex or suboxone thoughout the show. Thats how he would appear "somewhat" ok.

-the_elephantman

Yeah they lied about it the whole time and it wasn't revealed that he was put on Sub until he went onto "Sober House". the follow up show. 

Question Authority!

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#66 [url]

Sep 21 12 4:49 PM

I am still shocked given Dr. Dick's opinion on it that he would resort to this.  But personally there is no way I think a opiate addict would make it thru a detox at his facility with nothing.  Now granted I have been to plenty of detoxes that did not offer anything but clonodine (which bottoms my blood pressure out in one pill so I am immediately disqualified)  So I got NOTHING but I did not go to group day one and day two like they do on that show or Day three, four and five.  I mean do they really think we drugs addicts (opiates users for sure) would believe this crap??

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#68 [url]

Sep 21 12 11:03 PM

I think it was more hois personality that would have made him a nightmare to treat. The guy came across as a complete tool, which is a shame, I love Grease!

-sapphire76

@Sapphire, I still remember him, young and handsome and vital in his youth (Grease), which I, too, LOVE LOVE LOVE! :-)  The Jeff that showed up at Celeb Rehab was PATHETIC, and his old lady not much better, a true wanna be if there ever was one.  She was trying to grab some of his fairy dust, but he is not exactly an A lister, or a D lister, for that matter.

Yeah, he sure did come off as a d***.

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#69 [url]

Sep 22 12 6:58 AM

Ouch, I was checking Wikipedia, and here is how the money is distributed to the addicts.  Again, ouch.

In addition to receiving the free treatment (which would normally be worth approximately $50,000–$60,000 USD), the patients receive a salary for their appearance on the series, which is prorated, and distributed once a week as an incentive to stay.[11]

You be a good little solider and stay off the shit, and you will get more money (in other words).  Let us exploit you to the bitter end....

Quote    Reply   

webwolf1

#70 [url]

Sep 22 12 8:32 AM

Ouch, I was checking Wikipedia, and here is how the money is distributed to the addicts.  Again, ouch.
In addition to receiving the free treatment (which would normally be worth approximately $50,000–$60,000 USD), the patients receive a salary for their appearance on the series, which is prorated, and distributed once a week as an incentive to stay.[11]
You be a good little solider and stay off the shit, and you will get more money (in other words).  Let us exploit you to the bitter end....

-ccourtneymac

.................I'll tell you what, Pete was saying some of those guys, and gals get paid up to $200.000 a Piece, Hey For that kind of money, You can sure as hell Exploit me, Lets go,  Exploit away

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

kylea2

#71 [url]

Sep 22 12 9:33 AM

me to webman, im in, 200 gs shit id go cold turkey, im gona try to send a scarey vid of me all fk=d up mb i can get on nxt???, man im the poor Charlie SHEEN ,  hes my hero! )im JUST BROKE , payck 2  payck, i need my big break,   pEOPL TELL ME IM VERY entertaining ,, (i lov it)
  i can get a whole room laphing ,even tearing up,, my coworkers say its so dam boring unless im their,, i like that  , i feel important!

The KMaN is bAck in MoTiOn,MONY MAKIN MoFo,, no rAgE , Im FReE , nOt A FrEaK..

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#72 [url]

Sep 22 12 8:45 PM

Charlie Sheen is your hero?  That explains a lot, actually.

@WW, actually if you are down for it it is not exploitation - it is a business arrangement...lol

Quote    Reply   

zenith

#74 [url]

Sep 23 12 5:29 PM

Oh yeah they do. I have heard plenty of them on the phone at the rehab arguing with their agent or whoever about not wanting to stay, with the agent insisting to the "celebrity" that this is the only gig they can expect to get and they better stay and get the money. 

Question Authority!

Quote    Reply   

zenith

#75 [url]

Sep 24 12 4:34 AM

Watched episode #2 last nite. First patient hauled off in an ambulance after less than 2 days of "treatment" from Pinsky. 

Question Authority!

Quote    Reply   

dharmageddon

#76 [url]

Sep 24 12 6:32 AM

what kind of detox/recovery center are they if they are not able to help people through the first few days of detox. he acts like he should not have to deal with that part--just send him the patients once they are detoxed and he will then work his magic and fix them. I don't understand how he can build any trust. I would not trust a doc who couldn't or wouldn't treat my detox symptoms but thought they could totally heal me with their magical rehab techniques.
UGH! it is sickening. he overdramatized the things that really don't matter and undertreats/barely acknowledges things that could make all the difference in the world.
I hope these people don't leave Pasadena Recovery Center so turned off to the world of rehabilitation and recovery that they never give it another shot. I would love to know what percentage of his patients relapse. I bet it is very high.
Someone mentioned the east/west detox on here somewhere. It is a brutal detox but they have something like a 90% recovery rate for years out--which is virtually unheard of. They don't charge for their services and they take people from all over the world. It is a tough program but they must be doing something right if that many people are succeeding. It still seems hard for me to decide--which is more difficult--getting off drugs or staying off drugs? Seems like when people first complete detox they always say how fabulous they feel and all that but a year later the same people have a worse habit than they originally sought treatment for. I have never made it more than 3 days into w/d without picking back up. That is without using anything to soothe the symptoms though. Even back in the day when I tried subs they did little, if anything. Methadone has been the best for me so far but I do sometimes think about a life where I didn't have to depend on any chemicals at all. It is a hard thing to accept but I think that is due to society and the way they down drug addiction rather than just treating it like any other disease......
Anyway, I cannot imagine what the hospital is going to do with Drew's patient. I think it would be hilarious if he was confronted by a compassionate physician who told him his practices were barbaric and inhumane and offered another option to the patient--now that would be a spinoff!

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be. -Pink Floyd

Quote    Reply   

whiterobot122

#77 [url]

Sep 24 12 11:57 AM

Staying off drugs is the hard part, if I could feel any bit better after 6 months off opioids I would stick it out and be off all medications. But I can't, the matter of the fact is I'm worse off the longer I'm off them.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#78 [url]

Sep 24 12 12:02 PM

Watched episode #2 last nite. First patient hauled off in an ambulance after less than 2 days of "treatment" from Pinsky. 

-zenith

Is it the new one I hear where there are no celebrities just real everyday addicts????  What day, time and channel again???

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#79 [url]

Sep 24 12 1:23 PM

Staying off drugs is the hard part, if I could feel any bit better after 6 months off opioids I would stick it out and be off all medications. But I can't, the matter of the fact is I'm worse off the longer I'm off them.

-whiterobot122

I don't mean this the way it sounds but I sure am glad to hear that because that it how I am...I feel worse and worse as time goes by...

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#80 [url]

Sep 24 12 10:17 PM

Is it the new one I hear where there are no celebrities just real everyday addicts????  What day, time and channel again???

-wayovermyhead

The show is on VH1, and they show it constantly, @Way.  Do you have Comcast?  They have On-Demand, and you can watch it at your convenience.

I don't mean this the way it sounds but I sure am glad to hear that because that it how I am...I feel worse and worse as time goes by...

-wayovermyhead

I am the same way, and a chronic relapser to boot.  Methadone is where it is at, and I am not going to risk getting off ever again.  Whatever likes or dislikes I have about methadone, it is still far better than what is waiting for me should I return to my old ways.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help