Remove this ad

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#41 [url]

Sep 19 12 2:05 PM

I went online and watched Season 4 detox episode 2 just to see for myself what the show is like and I immediately saw the purses lips etc...like Z talked about.  I refuse to watch him on the TV myself and support any ratings...But what I was wondering as I was watching him make these people get out of bed and go to group is...this can't be real because these people actually got up and went to group.  I did not see any opiate addiction but I know opiate withdrawals there is no way they would be going to group and able to talk about shit so since I maybe have not see the show and maybe there were episodes that they were extremely too sick, maybe had to be hospitalized in detox etc....but if not there is no way....How did Mike Starr do in withdrawals episode?  And the alcoholics were any of them in DT's??  I mean Bai Ling was seeing things but it was from needing mental health meds he so said. 

I mean come on really?  Someone here that has indeed watched the show do the opiate addicts really escape severe withdrawals and the alcoholics too?  What the story on this???

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dharmageddon

#42 [url]

Sep 19 12 2:19 PM

I didn't see anyone in what I would call full blown opiate withdrawal except Mike and Jeff, both of whom are apparently no longer in this world. Jeff had to be hospitalized to detox and it seems like DD in his infinite wisdom told the hospital staff to give him no narcotics regardless of what he asked for or did. It was insanity. He was threatening suicide, all coming out of his skin, just totally ill. I truly felt for him. Mike also was totally ill, puking his guts out and full of rage, just pacing and walking around pissed off with headphones on. I don't know how the hell anyone could cold turkey that much methadone and be expected to move for any reason. Apparently the alcoholics were treated with some seizure medication and some of the opiate addicts received subs after the 3rd day. Who knows what is real. Hell, I bet some people snuck stuff in. I think Steven Adler snuck heroin in.
As far as the dragging people to group, he did do that and even though they didn't actually participate he insisted that they drag themselves out of bed and go. Why? Who knows.....the idea of participating in anything two days into detox sounds as inhumane as sitting with razor blades under my toenails slowly separating the meat from the nail. Seriously, come on. DD would send Shelly, his treatment counselor/drug dispenser/partner in torture to the patient rooms and have her pretty much drag them out of bed. I felt the same way.....sat there watching and thinking to myself "there ain't no effing way"!
There were some polysubstance abusers, and a couple chics on subs but nobody really on heavy opiates that I saw with exception of the 2 guys I mentioned above. Anyone, correct me if I am wrong b/c I did not see all seasons. I do know that Seth was taking Vicodin but crack was his big thing. He liked to do ecstasy too but neither crack nor ecstasy cause withdrawal like we know withdrawal.
Hope that answered a li'l bit.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be. -Pink Floyd

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#43 [url]

Sep 20 12 5:06 AM

The reason you don't see anyone in what you would think to be full opiate withdrawala is the show is a scam.

They do the detox bit 10-14 days before they start filiming, and then get the "patients" to recreate their former fuckedupness.

Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) was in Las Enicas in 2010 when they were filiming with Steven Adler, and he saw this first hand. Theres quite a bit about how shite he thinks Dr Drew is in his autobiography!

Quote    Reply   

dharmageddon

#44 [url]

Sep 20 12 7:38 AM

Typical, nothing is sacred in the grips of fake reality TV! How bizarre to ask people to recreate their first few days of agony. I guess they get paid enough to go to mmt when its all over.........

Quote    Reply   

dharmageddon

#45 [url]

Sep 20 12 8:04 AM

Let's all get together--we will kidnap, tar and feather Dr. Drew! Once he is shackled in the city square we can all dance around him, naked in the moonlight! We can hold up giant torches and chant something scary while he tries to shake his head and purse his skinny little lips! Once he is unable to move at all we can stand around him in a circle and give him the same condescending, sad, contrived look that he gives people every day. Anyone in?
I know it would not help the cause but I had this vision and had to share it......*sigh*.....back to reality, at least we can fantasize without getting in too much trouble.....I hope!

Quote    Reply   

roman

#46 [url]

Sep 20 12 8:19 AM

well said z,
ive bin trying to reach that show or his email or anything i can find
to let him no just how much of an asshole,he really is,sorry to swear,
this guy literally makes me sick,how can i get  in touch with his
people or him i wanna get on his show so i can really embarass him
and let the people no just how much of an ahole he is.
hes killing people,wtf dont that show understand,this guys a fraud
he has no knowledge of what the proper procedure is when it
comes  to methadone.please people,we have to do something
about this clown.im sorry to swear,but im fkin pissed off.

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#48 [url]

Sep 20 12 9:42 AM

I think Jeff Conaway must have been a true nightmare for ANYONE to treat.  When you have chronic pain issues with addiction issues, it can get real complicated real fast.  In my mind Jeff was inappropriate for that show, heck for ANY TV, period.  He was in End Game of addiction, that was obvious to a lot of us old timers.

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#49 [url]

Sep 20 12 10:26 AM

dharmageddon, better to tie him up, drug him for 30 days then stop the drugs. Then stand around him and give him the sad looks while keeping him tied up thru his wd's.

Pete

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#50 [url]

Sep 20 12 10:30 AM

Courtney, you're definitely right. Conoway was there because he made a good "class clown" for Douche Picksys circus
Pete

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

the elephantman

#52 [url]

Sep 20 12 1:52 PM

Way, sorry if this was already said, mike starr was secretly given either subutex or suboxone thoughout the show. Thats how he would appear "somewhat" ok.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#53 [url]

Sep 20 12 2:02 PM

I knew something had to be up...I am with Roman though...

@roman if you find anyway that we can get to this man let me know.  I am looking into this myself but I have to wait til I cool down and think about what I can say etc...

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#54 [url]

Sep 20 12 2:03 PM

Way, sorry if this was already said, mike starr was secretly given either subutex or suboxone thoughout the show. That's how he would appear "somewhat" ok.

-the_elephantman

What????  So he believes in Suboxone??/  In a detox setting???

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

whiterobot122

#55 [url]

Sep 20 12 4:27 PM

He did it to keep Starr on the show in hopes of creating 'good tv'. something that gets people wanting to watch it and tell all their friends 'omg you have to see this!!'. Mike Starr was threatening to leave and so drew did that to keep him on.

Quote    Reply   

whiterobot122

#58 [url]

Sep 20 12 9:52 PM

I believe it is things like clonodine, vistaril, vitamin infusions, I know he gave Oxazepam (serax) or so he said to the women coming off alcohol. At the most he gives benzos, as we can see.

Quote    Reply   

kylea2

#59 [url]

Sep 21 12 3:41 AM

great pete im happy 4 u n DAVA,, i really hope all goes well.

man i love dr drews shows , its great tv,  but i no he f--ks, with peoples lives,, man i felt 4 mike, u no, he was a great guy,,its sad , then rodney just got his shit together drew fixed his house up, then he drank n died in his pool wild, well its up 2 the individual to succed  but med help stay focused..u gota keep 1 eye on the game at all times.
but im watchn  it now,, at watchseries.eu . all tv shows r there, its like a dvr but free,

The KMaN is bAck in MoTiOn,MONY MAKIN MoFo,, no rAgE , Im FReE , nOt A FrEaK..

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#60 [url]

Sep 21 12 4:38 AM

I think Jeff Conaway must have been a true nightmare for ANYONE to treat.  When you have chronic pain issues with addiction issues, it can get real complicated real fast.  In my mind Jeff was inappropriate for that show, heck for ANY TV, period.  He was in End Game of addiction, that was obvious to a lot of us old timers.

-ccourtneymac

I think it was more hois personality that would have made him a nightmare to treat. The guy came across as a complete tool, which is a shame, I love Grease!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help