Remove this ad

zenith

Lead

Sep 17 12 9:13 AM

Tags : :

Many of you already know my feelings about Drew Pinsky, the so called doctor who ran "Celebrity Rehab" on VH-1 for a few years and now, having run out of C grade pseudo celebs to exploit, it seems he has turned to regular people and is now calling his show just "Rehab with Drew Pinsky". The premier aired last night.

So far 4 of his former patients have died of overdoses and I lay a certain portion of the blame for their deaths at his doorstep.  His "treatment" is barbaric, inhumane, unethical, exploitative, extremely dangerous from a physical standpoint, and frankly shocking.  For example, in the past, he took a patient on methadone for a decade at 130mgs a day off methadone cold turkey, causing him to have a severe psychotic break from reality (not to mention covering his room--literally--in vomit), and then, because they wanted to keep the guy on the show since he had a bad temper and would make for good TV, they SECRETLY put him on Suboxone (which wasn't revealed until the next season) to enable him to get through the show.  He is one of the ones who is now dead. 

Another example--he took a patient who had been on Xanax for years and pulled her off cold turkey. Within two days she had a grand mal seizure, which Pinsky promptly blamed on the fact that her ex husband had once hit her on the head TWO YEARS EARLIER (which had never caused a seizure or any other issues), rather than his insanely pulling her off benzos without a taper--something any doctor KNOWS can cause seizures and even death. 

A third example--he pulled another patient off both benzos and suboxone--which she was taking as prescribed to combat her addiction to vicodin. He told her that "no one takes suboxone for more than two or three days", and she begged him to please please taper her off, and he refused. 

He called MMT all kinds of awful names, saying that it "destroys your life" and "kills your soul"., etc. He also stated that he has NEVER heard of ANYONE recovering without the twelve steps--that they are essential to recovery, and he tries to drag people two days into major opiate withdrawals to these meetings, as though they are going to get anything out of it. 

Now, with this new group, he so far has a heavy duty alcoholic who is already in DT's, and three opiate addicts who will be going through withdrawal Pinsky style for all to see.  

This piece of human garbage should have had his license yanked a LONG time ago. The fact that he is still practicing is a travesty. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

shoshauney

#1 [url]

Sep 17 12 9:19 AM

was the methadone patient Mike Starr? (can we name names?)

that story was so sad to me :(

I used to LOVE Drew Pinksly when he was on "Love and Sex w/ Dr Drew" and Adam Corolla and while I admit to watching those silly shows I must agree Z, he is MAKING IT WORSE and boy oh boy is he expoliting them to the umteenth degree!!!!

thanks for posting this.. I forget sometimes that this isnt just entertainment, it is somebody's life!!!!

Learn a lesson from your dog. No matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that sh*t and move on!

Quote    Reply   

shoshauney

#3 [url]

Sep 17 12 9:45 AM

joey!!!! he was from the Real World I think.. I cannot believe he also poassed... wow :(

Learn a lesson from your dog. No matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that sh*t and move on!

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#4 [url]

Sep 17 12 10:16 AM

Zenith what channel, what night and what time does this show air?   I do not want to support the show but I want to see this one time at least for myself.  I never watched celebrity rehab because I knew it was at the expense if being exploited.  Is there anything we can do as a group to be a pain in his arse???  The channels arse??? etc...

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#5 [url]

Sep 17 12 10:48 AM

I cannot believe this guy still has a license. I also lay some of the blame at his door for the people that died after his "help and intervention".

I honestly believe that if he had just dealt with Mike Starr's crack and Xanax problem and left him on methadone the guy would probably still be alive.

Sickening that TV exec's think it's OK to make money out of this fame whore who doesn't really give a damn about his "patients".

Quote    Reply   

shoshauney

#6 [url]

Sep 17 12 10:52 AM

I bet its VH1. That's where his other shows were

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#7 [url]

Sep 17 12 1:03 PM

Sunday at 9 or 10. It's on 6:00 NY time now. In an hour. He shouldn't be called a Doctor unless they put the word VooDoo in front of it.
Pete

Quote    Reply   

the elephantman

#8 [url]

Sep 17 12 3:21 PM

Drew Pinsky is nothing more than a "tv doctor." Almost certain hes not a real doctor. Anybody can put "Dr" in front of there name. Im really not sure what his story is to be honest.

Quote    Reply   

webwolf1

#9 [url]

Sep 17 12 3:56 PM

I dont know if I ever have seen a Doctor in a Detox / Treatment program that during intake tells the patient how bad the withdrawls will be,while already knowing that he is not planning on giving them any thing for them!! Then when the patient starts going through it, and they sit and tell him how bad they are feeling, Dr Drew just sits there, and gives them that smug look while shaking his head ,like he knows how sick they are, But still refuses to help them ., yet as sick as they are he demands them to attend their groups, Just how in the hell does he think a patient in that condition could process any

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#10 [url]

Sep 17 12 5:34 PM

I don't understand how Douch Pinsky could take people into meetings on day 2 of their detoxing. It's the publics fault because we eat up all this suppossed trash reality T.V. A doctor should leave open  all avenues to sobriety instead of pushing just his 12 step philosophy. It's a damn shame he cares nothing about the deaths he's been involved in.
Pete

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

zenith

#11 [url]

Sep 17 12 8:10 PM

Oh he's a "real" doctor alright--as in, he has a license to practice medicine.  I believe he is board certified in psychiatry and/or addiction medicine. 

SHOULD he be licensed? That's another story entirely. 

And yes, those facial expressions he makes--those pursed lips, that sad, tsk tsk tsk what a shame look he gives everyone, make me want to toss rotten tomatoes at the screen.

It's on sunday nights on VH1 around 9 pm. 

Question Authority!

Quote    Reply   

dharmageddon

#13 [url]

Sep 18 12 3:22 AM

You know I think at one time I thought he was a good thing..... but it was long ago when he focused on communication between teens and their parents. Now he seems to have sold out for the loot because he is all over the place. I totally feel what Zenith said regarding his little contrived facial expressions and pursed fucking lips. Makes me want to gag!!! Recovery comes in too many shapes and sizes to think one size fits all. It irritates me when people who have to power to influence the masses fail to realize the huge responsibility that comes along with that influence.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be. -Pink Floyd

Quote    Reply   

whippy witch

#14 [url]

Sep 18 12 3:37 AM

Zenith Please tell us how you really feel.  

I have to say I agree with every statement you have made about Pinsky.  And you would think after so many deaths that people would FINALLY figure out he is full of shit.  But oh noooo that just draws them in more.  What the hell is with that?  

WW

Quote    Reply   

the elephantman

#15 [url]

Sep 18 12 3:47 AM

Thanks for clearin that one up for me Zenith!! I've always wandered if he was licensed or not. Imo, drew pinsky is a dangerous deadly weapon. He is NOT fit for his position. Personally, i dont believe hes evil however i just think he has NO clue what hes doin or talkin about!! He really should take up a new job title.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#16 [url]

Sep 18 12 3:55 AM

Sunday at 9 or 10. It's on 6:00 NY time now. In an hour. He shouldn't be called a Doctor unless they put the word VooDoo in front of it.
Pete

-ptrsnake13

LOL, that made me laugh!

Quote    Reply   

sweetskullzgraphics

#17 [url]

Sep 18 12 6:03 AM

Also, Mike Starr, he was on 100mg+ of methadone when Dr. Drew pulled him off cold turkey. That was brutal to watch, he even went into a psychosis from the withdrawals. It was extremely unethical. I will probably watch the show just to see it, but I don't support anyone who puts rehab on television to make money. :/ It makes me sick to my stomach to even think about.

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#19 [url]

Sep 18 12 9:33 AM

Also, Dr Douche Pricksy gets c and d list actors down on their luck to make fools of themselves for money. They get upwards of 200,000$. Lindsay Lohans father was offered 150,000 but Douche wanted him so bad that he paid the guy the 200,000. It's a reality show, not a rehab show.These poor people are abused and secondly, they look at it as a chance to be back in the limelight.
Pete

On another note, dava got her surgery date---October 3, a Wednesday so please, if you believe or not, remember her with a prayer for good luck
Love
Pete

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#20 [url]

Sep 18 12 10:13 AM

Most certainly I will remember Dava and you in my prayers.

I have never seen his show...not the celebrity rehab...I think I saw some other show one time tho does he have some talk show etc....???...Anyways I have issue with the shows like that or intervention or addicted etc....So I know I am going to find myself in opposition and when I watch TV I like to relax not be mad.  I did watch intervention and addicted a few times tho but I kind of found them to be triggerish to me.  I never watched his celebrity rehab tho because I just knew better...But I hate to say it, but I am interested now just to see him and his sucked in face and pursed lips etc...I heard about these deaths somewhat but I did not relate them to Dr. Drew and I think it is because the media didn't which pisses me off why the media isn't on something like this.  Why are the reporters not chasing him down for some questions????

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help