Remove this ad

whiterobot122

#21 [url]

Aug 10 12 7:10 PM

@maronne, glycopyrrolate is great for sweating, expensive, but works great when used as needed.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

1eyejack

#22 [url]

Aug 10 12 10:35 PM

I would have to say the thing I dislike the most about methadone is the constant feeling of being overheated.  :/

-shoshauney

Methadone won’t make everyone sweat, but those that do experience excessive sweat even when appropriately dosed will likely experience the side effect for as long as the methadone is used.
Unfortunately this is one of the TRUE side effects- -as opposed to the many myths

Some tips>>

1.Wear loose fitting clothing, light in weight and of natural materials. Your methadone sweats may seem independent of room temperature, but staying cool can limit the frequency of sweating – after all, if you sweat in the cold you'll sweat worse in the heat!
2.Lose excessive weight! Extra fat heats us up and carrying that weight around requires greater exertion.
3.Get fit. A finely tuned cardiovascular system will deal more easily with stair climbing and other daily activities that can sometimes get us sweating. (Also – if you’re going to be sweaty anyway, you might as well look normal for a change and sweat at the gym with all the other sweaty bodies!)
4.Avoid spicy food. Chili pepper fools the body into a sweat response. You don’t need any help with that one…
5.Wear antiperspirant. (OK – this is probably a no brainer – but there is a difference between antiperspirant and deodorant. Look from a brand that has a high percentage of aluminum chloride as an active ingredient)
6.Take cool showers. OK, another no brainer, but sweat smells, and cool showers can help you to live more comfortably.
7.Try to stay calm. Stress can trigger sweat.
8.Drink plenty of water. Dehydration will only worsen methadone induced constipation.

jack

"When the going gets weird the weird turn professional." — Hunter S. Thompson

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#23 [url]

Aug 12 12 1:34 AM

I am 41, and I thought too young to be starting The Change.  But, lordy lordy I am almost ALWAYS burning up.  Not sweating, but HOT.  If I am somewhere that is at the outrageously hot temp of 75 degrees I am DYING.  I usta think it was a weight thing, but people from all weights have this problem.

My apartment is 68 degrees right now, it is 4 AM so it is not that hot outside, I am wearing a black minidress with thin material, I have the ceiling fan on (to the chagrin of the cats), yet I am BURNING UP! Guess I am going to have to break down and go to the doctor.

Have any of y'all ever had this problem explored by a doc?

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#24 [url]

Aug 12 12 6:24 AM

I am 41, and I thought too young to be starting The Change.  

-ccourtneymac

I thought around the early 40's was when menopause started for many women?

Quote    Reply   

kylea2

#25 [url]

Aug 12 12 7:29 AM

DAM CORT 68, GOSH your ELE BLL MUST B HUGE IM AT 74-76, SLEEP AT 74

The KMaN is bAck in MoTiOn,MONY MAKIN MoFo,, no rAgE , Im FReE , nOt A FrEaK..

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#26 [url]

Aug 13 12 12:06 AM

Shit, @Sapphire, really?  I will Google it.

@Kyle, I have Balanced Billing on my electric bill so that my bill is the same every month, instead of swinging wildly seasonally from $200 to $60.  I think I turned on my heat twice last year.  It takes a hell of a lot to get me cold.

So, my electric bill is $100 a month for an 800 square foot apartment.  Not terrible...  You are in Florida, how much is yours?

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#27 [url]

Aug 13 12 3:29 AM

@Court - yeah, I have been to the OB/GYN a lot re fertility lately, and the consultant there said that many women start the menopause in early 40's. Kinda depressing when you're heading there at a fast rate of knots (well, for me at any rate!).

Quote    Reply   

kylea2

#28 [url]

Aug 13 12 4:32 AM

Shit, @Sapphire, really?  I will Google it.@Kyle, I have Balanced Billing on my electric bill so that my bill is the same every month, instead of swinging wildly seasonally from $200 to $60.  I think I turned on my heat twice last year.  It takes a hell of a lot to get me cold.So, my electric bill is $100 a month for an 800 square foot apartment.  Not terrible...  You are in Florida, how much is yours?

-ccourtneymac

same size apt im up to 189 in summer 90 in winter spring,  not bad, peeps here average 3oo month if u hav a house, it stays hot 24 hours a day here, i hate fl

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#29 [url]

Aug 16 12 11:57 PM

@Sapphire, I spoke to a family member who is a doc, and he said that 41 is definitely not that unusual.

GRAPHIC:  ***************DO NOT READ FURTHER IF TOO SENSITIVE TO WOMENS ISSUES****************

I feel MUCH better today, but the last couple of days were MISERABLE.  If you have been through menopause, here are the symptoms I was experiencing:

*My vagina was BURNING.  To make it worse, I was on my cycle and the tampon felt like a piece of coal inside me.  I touched myself and it was as dry as the Sahara!  So I got some "Replens" and my vagina is feeling like her old self (lol).  Plus, my cycle is about over if that has anything to do with it.

*I was intermittently burning up and sweating on my neck.  No one can tell me that 68 degrees is not a comfortable temperature!  Also, I could not find a comfortable position to be in i.e. restlessness.

*The insides of my EYES were burning.  I am currently wearing my glasses and had an eye exam about nine months ago, all normal.  I wondered if the dryness had to do with the vaginal burning/dryness.

Do any of these sound familiar?  Help!

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#30 [url]

Aug 17 12 4:20 AM

@court - the dryness is definately one of the menopause symptoms, the burning could be vaginal atrophy, which is where, due to the levels of estrogen running down, the walls of the vagina get thinner, which combined with the dryness is probably why the burning happens.

The sweating, if it more than usual, and combined with feeling hot, could be a symptom too.

I don't know about the dry eyes, but the changing hormone levels can play havoc with your body and cause all kinds of weird side effects, apparently very vivid nightmares are quite common!

Have to say, it's not something I'm looking forward to, but I'm not sure I like the idea of HRT. I suppose if my symptoms were bad enough it's something I might consider.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

whippy witch

#31 [url]

Aug 17 12 7:58 AM

Here are a few others.  WEEEEE HOOOO So glad I am past peri menopause, menopause and I am in POST menopause.  Told you all I was OLD

Hot, like your heating up from the inside out and cooking.  I SWEAR I could cook an egg under me.  

As for the dryness, imagine EVERYWHERE for some reason it is like it is sucking all the water out of your body to sweat with.  and you Skin drys out, I have never in my life had dry skin, now I use lotion everywhere including my back.

Decreased Libido because everything doesn't feel right, ie dry, irritated.  Best thing I ever had was a prescription vaginal estrogen cream.  You go from no thanks not this year to SHUT THE HELL UP and GET WITH THE PROGRAM NOW!  Definitely adds moisture and sensitivity back to desensitized areas.

WW

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#32 [url]

Aug 17 12 8:47 AM

Sapphire, the dry eyes may be from staring at your vagina and wondering what's going on? Just trying to cheer you up sweetie. These are the times I'm glad to be a male. I don't think I have the strenght to go thru what most woman have to lol
Pete

Quote    Reply   

whippy witch

#33 [url]

Aug 17 12 9:22 AM

All I had to do was see the first line and I can't quit laughing Pete.  I was reading this as my nurse was telling me she answered the phone here at the clinic and the Guy said "Hi, is Doug there?  and L the nurse says Sir I think you have the wrong number.  And he replied "Ok, when is a good time to call back?" She said "Sir I don't think that is a good idea as I believe you have the wrong number and there is no Doug here.  and hey did I lose you in all that?  And I am reading hey Saphire maybe your eyes are bad from looking at your vagina.  If I had pop in my mouth it would have come out my nose!!!!!

WW

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#34 [url]

Aug 17 12 10:17 AM

Whippy, glad it was taken as intended. I didn't mean to make light of the situation, just wanted it to do what it did. Give people a smile
Pete

Quote    Reply   

kylea2

#35 [url]

Aug 17 12 10:34 AM

frekin hilarious
pete your crazy, man you tell it how it is . you r on point bro, yr the man!

Quote    Reply   

wren

#36 [url]

Aug 17 12 2:53 PM

Too funny, Pete! I came in at the end of the thread, so I was like what the heck!? Had to go back and read the whole thing.

There are some natural remedies for peri/menopause.

MACA is one:

from http://highenergyforlife.com/articlelist/34-general-health/50-maca-the-super-food-that-helps-with-everything-from-fatigue-to-sex-drive

SOOTHE MENOPAUSAL SYMPTOMS

For women, maca has a long-standing reputation for soothing menopausal symptoms. A study published in the International Journal of Biomedical Science details research at five sites in Poland, focusing on 124 women, ages 49 to 58, in the early stages of menopause. During the study, the women took varied combinations of either a placebo or 2,000 mg of maca every day. Results: Compared with placebo users, those taking maca experienced significant reductions—84% on average—in the frequency and severity of menopausal symptoms, particularly hot flashes and night sweats.
Bonus: In a substudy of the trial, researchers found that the women taking maca had a notable increase in bone density.
How it works: Blood tests showed that maca reduced follicle-stimulating hormone, which normally increases during menopause and is thought to be one cause of troublesome symptoms, such as hot flashes and night sweats. Study authors speculate that maca stimulates the regulatory mechanism responsible for optimizing ovarian function and estrogen secretion, significantly increasing the level of estradiol in a woman’s body.
It appears, then, that maca offers a safe and effective way to reduce menopausal symptoms—and it is unlikely to increase a woman’s risk for breast cancer, heart disease and stroke, as can non-bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
We don’t know this for certain, but the fact that breast cancer is not among the leading causes of death in Peruvian women, despite a diet rich in maca, supports the assumption. In addition, increases in estradiol as a result of taking maca supplements may be safer than adding a hormone to a woman’s system because maca appears to stimulate the body’s natural estrogen production.

And if you look into HRT (hormone replacement therapy) please please please do the bioidentical hormones. Read Suzanne Somers' books for the most current info.

-Wren

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#37 [url]

Aug 18 12 2:53 AM

Thank you guys for your thoughtful responses.  @Pete, glad you got a laugh and gave a laugh.

I am not laughing.  This SUCKS.  This is the first time the vaginal dryness happened and I had no idea how much dryness lead to BURNING.

What I would love to know...IS THERE A WAY OUT OF THIS?  Out of menopause?  What about shots of Depo-Provera to stop my cycle (thus hormonal fluctuations)?  Is there anything that makes hot flashes go away?  What do women DO?  May as well laugh...or I would cry.

And for you dog lovers, I think WW and Sapphire are:

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#38 [url]

Aug 18 12 4:32 AM

There are some kinds of HRT (hormone replacement therapy) that you could take, I think it involves taking some kind of estrogen and something else to provide the body with the hormones that the menopause depletes.

A lady at my work was sufferring really badly with the menopause, with really bad hot flushes, sweating, night terrors, and constant UTI's, and she started HRT and she says it has definately helped with the sweating and hotness, and combined with a hormone cream for the "lady garden" which is supposed to stop the thinning of the vaginal walls, and thus stop the dryness, and an antibiotic, the UTI's are also under control.

If it's really getting to you (and it sounds like it is) you can at least sound your doctor out about what possibilities there are?

Cute doggie, I'm a cat person myself, as I know you are, and my babies take up the majority of the bed!

@Pete - PMSL!! That really made me smile. :)

Quote    Reply   

maronne

#39 [url]

Aug 18 12 5:18 AM

Ugh - I'm right there with ya, Courtneymac!  And for some reason my doctor keeps telling me I'm too young to be talking about menopause (I'm 46!)  She told me to try some A&D ointment, and actually - it works pretty good.  She also recommended your basic lubricant (KY jelly) - but that seems like it's mostly water and doesn't do much longterm for me.

Re tampons - rarely use them due to both the dryness and my IUD (which has TAUNTED ME ever since I got it . . . it's the ONE TIME in a very LONG TIME that I ain't gettin' any)!  What's that?  TMI?  Tough.  I've got a bad case of lackanookie and it's made me cranky and bitter . . . lol . . .

RE sweating - Ya - what's up with profuse NECK SWEATING?!  I noticed that too.  So weird!  I have actually resorted to wearing cold packs (the kind used for injuries like a sprained ankle) under my shirt on occasions where my presense is wanted outside, but where I can be sitting still.  I guess they make cool bandanas/scarfs/neckerchiefs and towels and even tops - but I don't have any extra money right now to try 'em out.  They seem awesome (try googling if interested).

Let me know if you find something that helps, and I'll do the same for you.  Thanks to all who provided info.

Maronne

Quote    Reply   

kylea2

#40 [url]

Aug 18 12 5:35 AM

MAN U R  a dog girl, gosh he takes up all the bed, my puggy sleeps w/Cam,  my cat sleeps in my bed all day ,cuz i traind the dog to not go on my bed,   but ive left and came home and that basterd inmy bed,its funny, i was never a dog man,i will always b a kat guy,  puggy man i look at him and cry knowin i might hav to leave both animals bhind, im so sad

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help