Remove this ad

ccourtneymac

#181 [url]

Oct 11 12 4:45 AM

***WARNING:  FEMALE ISSUES***
@dharma, I had to put the doc off for a week 'cause I started.  Oh hell.  But, I was flipping through a magazine and saw some Premarin in creme form.  It is for dryness.  I am wondering if the estrogen in it will make me feel better overall, kinda like hormone replacement therapy (HRT).  You have not experienced any of the Change yet, D?

Yes, the Replens works pretty darn well!  I also shaved, which helped, as the hair stubble on the lips was kinda poking into either side, if that makes sense.  It also itches REALLY bad on the skin above the clitoris.  

Unpleasant things:
-growing excessive facial hair (mostly on chin and mid upper neck)
-burning hot body temperature wise
-excessive urination
-extreme burning/itching

Really, psychologically this does not make me feel sexy at ALL. :-(

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dharmageddon

#182 [url]

Oct 11 12 6:21 AM

AFAIK, yes Premarin is for dryness, and yes it is HRT. I have only had some "personal summers" like hot flashes and they suuuuck! It is like being hot from the inside, and nothing cools ya down.

Getting the stubble gone does help irritation and I know EXACTLY what you mean about it poking either side. It is almost like you need a little device to keep the labia separated from each other 'til the hair is all grown out (yuck) or mowed back down. The itching can cause one to rub herself raw--if she is not gentle. I personally have wanted to sit on a porcupine before to relieve the itchiness! I can't even remember now what was going on with me then but it was miserable!

Everything you are experiencing can be fixed with HRT baby girl. I am pretty sure there are some natural supplements that will help too if you are wanting to get started prior to your MD visit. I wanna say Wild Yam is good. Hell, i am sure if you google it you can find out.

I am sorry you have to go through this agony. We need to document all these damn girly symptoms so we can warn other young ladies of what the future has in store for them.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be. -Pink Floyd

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#183 [url]

Nov 9 12 2:40 AM

*********LOOK OUT..MORE SEXUALLY FRANK TALK********************

@Dharma, where you at, girlie?  Get back in the game!  I missed this last post.  Yeah, you get exactly what I am saying about the stubble on the labia.  I just have to shave it, period.  The worst part is I can't tell if it is itching or burning.  

I went to the doc and he said 'cause I still get a period I am in pre-menopause.  So this is just a little taste of what is to come?  I can't wait (like Stevie Nicks).  He prescribed me the Premarin cream.  I went to fill it and it was $230 for a tube of hormones.  Or in my case, whoremones.  lol  He wants me to use the cream because he says the tablets force more estrogen through the body.  I guess the bioavaibility of taking something orally and vaginally is quite different.  Until I get the cream I am using Replens, which is working okay for that.maddening.itch.  So are Vagisil Wipes.

Hope this helps some of you ladies out there that is suffering/will suffer/has suffered the ravages of time.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#184 [url]

Nov 9 12 4:48 AM

@Court - I think that the vaginal area has the same absorbency potential as the nose or under the tongue, so that's why the cream os topical rather than oral.

Also it is supposed to have a soothing effect, as well as giving you the extra estrogen.

I hope the cream works! It's horribly uncomfortable to have anything wrong down there!!

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#185 [url]

Nov 9 12 5:39 AM

Sapphire, I didn't think it possible but you mentioned my favorite 3 words in one sentence;;vaginal, nose, and tongue:) lol
Pete

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#186 [url]

Nov 9 12 6:26 AM

@Pete, be nice or Santa will not come...

@Sapphire, just you wait, my girl!  Another few years and you will understand the misery.  Just to clarify, he wanted me to use the topical cream instead of taking the pills.  Was I clear on that?

Quote    Reply   

dharmageddon

#187 [url]

Nov 13 12 2:55 AM

pete--nose?

CCourt--So glad that you got that cream, and  $230 will be well spent. Your lady parts, human parts, any parts are worth way more than that IMO. I am glad you didn't get the pills--at least not to begin with--as it can cause a hormone surge that might not be the answer.....I am thinkin' you have a hoo-doc that knows your *ass* well. I am pulling for you to have a 100% cool down, no itching, little dryness and, well, lots of wetness! Go baby!

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#188 [url]

Nov 13 12 2:57 AM

Girl, I can't afford no $230 for some dang cream!  With the Pfizer coupon it is $113, and I can't afford that, either. :-(  Maybe on of my buds on Medicaid will get it (I think they get all meds free) and give it to me.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dharmageddon

#189 [url]

Nov 13 12 5:08 AM

Ugh! No generic? Has to be premarin? Maybe you should get the pills and shove up there......lol. I wish I could get it free for you girl. That is expensive, I quit taking adderall a while back bc it had just gotten to be too damn expensive.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#190 [url]

Nov 13 12 5:26 AM

Girl, I can't afford no $230 for some dang cream!  With the Pfizer coupon it is $113, and I can't afford that, either. :-(  Maybe on of my buds on Medicaid will get it (I think they get all meds free) and give it to me.

-ccourtneymac

Damn, that's pretty expensive for a tube of cream!!

Quote    Reply   

dharmageddon

#192 [url]

Nov 14 12 9:14 AM

Lol.....It ain't right  how the drug companies operate. Pigs! I was thinking Premarin was around before the Louisiana Purchase.....but you're a step ahead and a lot funnier.

Quote    Reply   

RandMan56

#194 [url]

Dec 8 15 8:59 PM

I also get it with the constantly dripping with sweat. It is almost to the point where it is interfering with my daily life. I have always been told that it will eventually go away but that is not the case. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? I feel as though if this were the side effect of some other type of medication then we would have something to take care of it.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#195 [url]

Dec 18 15 8:17 AM

RandMan56 there are some things you can do about the sweating. Some people swear by magnesium and cinnamon, and others by Nutridone/Vitadone. If you try all that and it still doesn't work, there are meds that your Dr can prescribe for hyperhidrosis, and if the sweating is localised, you could even get Botox.

Basically though, if it's THAT bad that it's affecting your life in a really bad way, go see your family Dr about it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help