d@crystal no my son actually never ingested or took any of his lorazapan on saturday or Sunday. He only ingested the methadone. his toxicology report showed .42mg/L of methadone and nothing else. he had methadone metabolites in his urine. in his blood and in the visteral fluid i think. his cause of death METHADONE INTOXICATION. its been 14 months since finding jesse and i still cannot believe hes gone. my life is pretty much over now i just live toexx
ist and nothing more. i ask myself how could this have happened, but there are no answers. jesses whole family has basically went down hill so many miss him. why couldnt those two drs just have done their jobs right! we do have a wonddrful lawyer who has filed suit on our behave, its so hard every time something from their office comes in the mail its like i have to relive that whole terrible morning over n over. in honor of my son Jesse Trey this can never happen again. he didnt deserve to die the way he did. he thought he was just gonna go home and sleep and be better the next day and so did i but instead he died. the person who gave it tl him was never located. the lawsuit has been filed and currently moving forward. we expect to go to trial. Justice for Jesse
Hello; I was not around here to read this thread when it began and I got all the way through it before realizing it was at least a year ago.
First, I too, wish to say how deeply sorry I am for the loss of your son. I'm sure that pain is horrible enough, even without all the stress and ordeal of the lack of proper medical care, when you take someone to the ER , you put them in the medical teams care, assuming they will do the best they can and you don't think they would do something so completely inept as what happened in your son's case.
The whole time I was reading different posts, (this may really be a moot point but it was something that caught my attention as far as your son's friends) when his ankle was injured and he was in pain , if I read it correctly , his friends told him "we have some pain medicine here........this methadone is for pain" (yea I paraphrased how they said it but that was the gist I got) .......well, it struck me as odd, because the bottles of liquid methadone described, is NOT used for pain management, but for drug treatment for addiction. Unless things have changed in this country that I am unaware of, when it is used for pain, it is in pill form.
Just wanted to point that out. I am adding what has been already said, which is , indeed, if someone was opiate naive , a dose half that much could certainly kill a person, and would. And, yes, because the way methadone works, it stays in the system much longer than other types of medicines and so yes, it will definitely build up over time. It does not immediately cause effects and then quickly diminish, which is why it was found to be such a great medicine for opiate addiction, because of that long term level in the system, which works to prevent wearing off and having withdrawal symptoms sooner.
For acute pain, things like Vicoden, etc, is what is used.
I am curious too, the toxicology report mentioned methadone metabolites. I am pretty sure I will be corrected by other posters, if I am wrong, but I think that might mean your son had it in his system before that day ? Is that possible ? Because the metabolites is what is in the body after the methadone is processed, and as has been said, that takes time..... I am not able to immediately quote the half life and all that , right now, but others here probably can explain that or I could try to look it up. I have seen it before, explained........the urine tests I take at my clinic and my experience with the methadone and metabolites is why I know a bit about it. I have an over active bladder which makes my urine tests sometimes show metabolites only, long story...
But anyway, I have read on this site , or a similar one "we speak methadone", about people who did OD because they were drinking the methadone to get "high" or whatever reason, and did not feel anything so they drank some more. Still felt nothing, so drank more.........and ended up overdosing because of that slow metabolizing factor.