Remove this ad

kylea2

#141 [url]

Aug 10 12 4:44 AM

I DO Wish u luck katy , and im so sorry 4 u, we r here 4 u..

The KMaN is bAck in MoTiOn,MONY MAKIN MoFo,, no rAgE , Im FReE , nOt A FrEaK..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#142 [url]

Aug 10 12 7:07 AM

I'm so pleased that things are moving forward for you Katy. You sound so much more upbeat, I hope time is helping to heal things for you. x

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#143 [url]

Aug 10 12 9:38 AM

@ Way, I too am happy for katyrae2!  I am really glad you are keeping up posted, please continue to do so.  I do not think anyone here wants meds diverted and innocent people dying.
I will say however, that I am offended by the term Methadonian.  We are people with substance use disorders who use a medication, there is NO SHAME in that!
Language matters!!!!

-cherbear

Sorry cherbear, I will take notice of that and refrain I am the very pro methadone and MMT etc...so I welcome any response and or criticism that will keep me from offending anything that can endanger MMT whatsoever. 

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

shoshauney

#144 [url]

Aug 10 12 12:01 PM

i am confused, how is methadoian insulting? I am not trying to be confrontational, just honeslty curious... I took the way @ way said Methadonians as like a group of people.. like we call people from Washington, "washingtonians" is that insulting people from WA?????

Learn a lesson from your dog. No matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that sh*t and move on!

Quote    Reply   

whippy witch

#145 [url]

Aug 10 12 12:42 PM

Sho,

There was a HBO program out called Methadonia, and believe me it did not put methadone patients in a good light. 

I hope I have not confused this HBO documentary with another but IF I remember correctly it showed one person in Texas driving from one clinic to another and getting admitted I believe it was to 4 seperate clinics and medicated at them the same day.

WW

Quote    Reply   

wren

#146 [url]

Aug 10 12 1:05 PM

Katy, this is a good update. I wish you and your family the best outcome possible - which is to teach the hospital a lesson as well as try to educate the other involved parties - to reduce the possibility of it happening to another family.

Every death of a child is tragic, but this was preventable, dammit! And not your fault and not your living son's fault either. You did not know and could not be expected to know. No one, absolutely NO ONE blames you. I know that's not what your update was about, but it's so normal to have guilt and to go through the "what ifs" but please forgive yourself, or better know deep inside that there is nothing to forgive. In my opinion, you cannot go wrong seeking therapy. And you don't have to stick with the first therapist, find one you trust. Same for your son and all affected friends and family.

At some point, I hope you can make some peace with this - you sound like a very loving, compassionate, caring person and mother.

-Wren

Quote    Reply   

shoshauney

#147 [url]

Aug 10 12 1:19 PM

I see @WW, that makes sense then... I totally get the "meth" thing, as I do not want people getting the two confused but I think Methadonia is a cute term... lol maybe just my opinion! I stand alone! ';)

Learn a lesson from your dog. No matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that sh*t and move on!

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#148 [url]

Aug 10 12 2:58 PM

Shos, I always considered myself a methadonian. Like I'm an Italian. I don't take offense to that. Like a person with diabetes is a diabetic, a person on methadone is a methadonian. Maybe it's  a geographical thing or cultural.
Pete

Quote    Reply   

shoshauney

#149 [url]

Aug 10 12 3:21 PM

I am italian too! I am 2nd generation here in US.. MY grandfather is from Genoa

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#150 [url]

Aug 10 12 4:13 PM

Hey Paisan, Bouna Notte, I'm 3rd generation. This is off thread and not to offend anyone;;; or maybe it is but isn't it something how some immigrants learn English. I was taught to speak Italian home but English outside. My people wanted to blend in as Americans. It's great to be bi-lingual but you should speak the language of the country you live in
Pete

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

shoshauney

#152 [url]

Aug 10 12 4:22 PM

I wish I had been taught my language, however my mom had a bad drinking problem (later she swtiched to pills) which caused a fall out with her parents and then he passed when I was very young. It is something I have always wanted to do though.

I agree 100% and it is a hot topic discussion but the simple truth is this, our language is English. period. I love our melting pot society but I do think learning the language is important.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#153 [url]

Aug 10 12 5:13 PM

i am confused, how is methadoian insulting? I am not trying to be confrontational, just honeslty curious... I took the way @ way said Methadonians as like a group of people.. like we call people from Washington, "washingtonians" is that insulting people from WA?????

-shoshauney

@sho Thank you for understanding what I meant and knowing I meant no harm....That was exactly as I meant it I thought I made up that word myself.  Never seen the movie or heard the word but MMT'ers is what I usually call us but sometime about a week or so ago that name popped in my head when I was trying to make a point about us and I have used it a couple of times since then.  I by no means meant to offend anyone as I meant it just like u said a group of people that have a common link called methadone. 

But in saying that I knew if cherbear called me out on it there must be something along the lines of being offensive about the word because cherbear is from my best recollection a pretty active advocator for MAT and MMT and gets involved to maintain and to protect and serve our rights as MMTers so I did not take offense for the calling me out I took it more as being appreciative that something had been pointed out to me because by all means I would not want to use a word or make a statement that could or would be degrading or offensive regarding what I myself take as a great responsibility and pride to protect also. 

Now had it been someone that was not an advocate or someone I thought was being a smartass etc...I would never have been so responsive and accepting in what I saw more as advice from cherbear than I did as criticism.  It is true language does matter but I was innocent in my terminology use and I was in a big hurry to get out the door and did not ask why it had been offensive.  I knew I could ask later but I did not want to not touch on the fact I meant no harm. 

SO NOW THAT I HAVE TIME HEY CHERBEAR?  any particular reason why the word is offensive?  Is it connected to that HBO Movie???  I never saw it or heard about it til just now from Whippy's post but I am also interested in knowing more about the movie.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#154 [url]

Aug 10 12 5:14 PM

I learned from grandma and my mom, 86, still talks a little of it when she wants to say something she doesn't want others to understand. I understand more than I can speak it but I can make my way thru the Italian paper. If you get 2 or 3 words you'll understand the whole sentence. It's lost now because my 3 girls don't understand it. I just believe if you live in a country for a number of years you should make an attempt to learn the language of that country as a matter of respect.
Pete

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#155 [url]

Aug 10 12 5:18 PM

I also understand that the word methadonian can be used in a derogatory manner like"Look at that bunch of methadonians nodding off there" so there definitely 2 ways to look at it.
Pete

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#156 [url]

Aug 10 12 5:25 PM

I also understand that the word methadonian can be used in a derogatory manner like"Look at that bunch of methadonians nodding off there" so there definitely 2 ways to look at it.
Pete

-ptrsnake13

Is MMT'er offensive sounding?  Like "look at those MMTer's nodding off in the corner over there"....?  When I started thinking about it just now of the offensive connotation Methadonian kind of sounds cultish like Scientology sounding or Heavens Gate sounding.  Or like we are not normal maybe from outer space because we are addicts.  Could that be it?  I look forward to cherbears reply. 

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

whippy witch

#157 [url]

Aug 10 12 6:09 PM

Way,

My Goddess I am going to age myself with this one.  I was working in Seattle, early 1990's an article came out in Hustler (I KNOW I KNOW)  showing the picture of the guy at a dosing window leaning on the ledge with the little cup tapping the bottom of it, while up in his mouth.  It was about 6 months later, HBO ran that special called Methadonia.  It was so freaking offensive literally following one man around going from clinic to clinic getting admitted and dosed.  Making out that it was "Legalized drug dealing".  I have to admit because of where I heard it, it is not a term I use simply from what I remember of the special.  Okay, these old brain cells don't always fire right yanno? And this old body started AQUA ZUMBA this week  I have had my ass kicked by doing this in a pool.  Punch the water my ass!  It punches back.  Today even my freaking Hair hurts!

WW ::: Creaking her way over to her rocker:::

Quote    Reply   

whippy witch

#158 [url]

Aug 10 12 6:11 PM

Well SHIT.  I was wrong.  It says 2005.  My Goddess where have the years gone???

• Watch Methadonia Free Online

www.ovguide.com/methadonia-9202a8c04000641f800000001d1b8...Cached
    Watch Methadonia (2005) Free Online. HBO Methadonia (2005.avi on Veehd. Watch HBO documentaries Methadonia (2005)
  • Quote    Reply   

whippy witch

#159 [url]

Aug 10 12 6:14 PM

And last but not least!

In May 1995, some of Bruce's experiences with heroin and methadone were chronicled in an article published in Hustler Magazine entitled Turning Junkies Into ...

I at least got that there was an article and there was an HBO Special.  :: Good Brain::::

WW

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#160 [url]

Aug 11 12 5:36 AM

I don't think that @way meant the term in anyway to be offensive, and I certainly did not find it offensive, and am a little confused as to why anyone would.

If it was used in a derogatory context, I could understand it, but it wasn't.

I do understand the concept of language mattering, like how the terms "clean", and "dirty" add to the negative connotations of addiction.

I think there is a fine line between getting over the point that the words we use matter, and finding every other word said about addiction or addicts as offensive.

This is not a dig at anyone, just MHO.

Quote    Reply   
    Remove this ad
    Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help