Remove this ad

zenith

Lead

Oct 31 11 2:28 PM

Tags : :

I don't like to have to make posts like this--however, I believe we have had a number of new posters here in the past week or two that are one and the same person, coming back under different names. There's a bit going on behind the scenes that everyone would not be privy to as well.  Please understand that as the Board Admin, I have a duty to protect the board from those who seek to drag it down. It is not about people with divergent opinions--we have had plenty of those here over the years always will. This is something more insidious. 

Please be aware that this individual/s may be sending PM's with untruthful information in an effort to stir up discord. 

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me, and I will be happy to respond to the degree that I know who you are. 

Sincerely,

Zenith

Last Edited By: wayovermyhead Mar 30 14 12:17 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

bdmoore85

#1 [url]

Jun 12 12 5:08 AM

Thx for the update zenith, btw im new here and just switched over from subutex to methadone....I have been on both before but should never got off methadone years ago and I prolly would have saved myself from shooting H for 6 straight years (something I hadn't ever done until I got off methadone the first time)

Keep up the good work!

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#2 [url]

Sep 3 12 1:14 PM

As per a recent post by Zenith I thought I might add to this sticky that caution is advised when using online forums/chats etc....With a deep care and concern for all the posters and members on this site alone I find it motivating me to address the need for online discretion about our private and personal information.  It can wreak havoc in someone lives if any of this info falls into the wrong hands.  Online predators come in all shapes, forms and fashions....So the damages and consequences can come as the same. 

We often can even be unaware of the offense/risk until it is too late and we have been victimized or faced with a consequence and/or damage when really there was no benefit to be gained anyway by possibly displaying our names or information about ourselves etc....  We could make a list longer than anyone would be willing to read of all the risk and consequence of what can happen when we are victimized by a predator, scammer etc....but practicing caution and discretion with plain old common sense can protect someone immensely from the horrors that can happen. 

There could be a simple tip off to a clinic regarding someone's post about that clinic that could cause someone harm.  This has happened before...It could come in the form of a angry domestic partner or signifigant other that might be waiting for their S.O. to pot just the "wrong thing" which could be the "right thing" in their position etc...It could become a fascination with a member etc...or even just someone having hurt feelings about a post looking for revenge.  Although at the moment we all seem to be a great group and a good match  e will in time lose some people and gain some people and the match might not fit as well etc... who the heck knows???? 

Re-enforcing all this is not calling anyone down at the present for anything and is not implicating we have a bully or predator on board now it is just what it is a reminder that now and forever we should always protect ourselves, other members and this forum period from anything happening that could compromise any one of us or the integrity of the forum.  So maybe members have said :I don't know what I would do if this forum did not exist" including me so I want to make sure there are not anybody out there that can say their life or treatment/clinic or marriage etc...was ruined because of something they posted here on the "Dawg"

Once again there was no outstanding offense or notion anyone is doing wrong etc...it is a simple reminder to use caution not just on this forum but all forums and keep your personal information private.  As it has been mentioned a few times....we have lots of people viewing the post on this forum that are not participating in our discussions.   The subject of MMT can be a very stigmatized and discriminated subject.  Person;s not approving can use information obtained to make one less happy MMT'er as they think we don't deserve to be happy.  Thanking you all in advance for reading this...Way

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#3 [url]

Sep 3 12 1:29 PM

Way, that makes a lot of sense and also makes me mad, sad, and a little silly. Silly because when I came on board I never even entertained the idea that people would troll here to find something negative. It's sad that now we really have to be as sure as we can when new people post. I feel some of my freedom has been stolen from us.
Pete

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

zenith

#4 [url]

Sep 3 12 2:39 PM

Well, in order to remain a public board--and we do need to be public in order to help new patients--we have to take the good with the bad.If you do have a question that you feel may be a touchy issue or one that you need help with regarding a certain clinic, etc there is always the PM system--you can PM me, Wayover, Chris Kelly, or whoever you feel comfortable with, and ask them privately to assist you. If they don't know the answer they are welcome to come to me and I will find it if I can. 

Question Authority!

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#5 [url]

Sep 3 12 3:55 PM

Me too I will get to the bottom of any issue if I can or go to someone who can.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

twana

#6 [url]

Oct 8 13 8:10 PM

Thanks for the caution, makes me feel good to know this place has some quality people here that want to keep a good site going. Thanks again

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help