Remove this ad

ismelltherain

#21 [url]

Mar 25 14 2:40 AM

As I have always said, I support anyone's decision to try MMT. Only the person knows what kind of life they had before, and whether it is better and more manageable on methadone. That said, a family (loved one) should still be concerned because of how many of the clinics are run; the ones in my area (NE Fla) included. Maybe times are changing because I've been out of the loop for about 2 years, but when I made the decision to quit, the clinic was anything but supportive. I feel there needs to be a major re-vamp in the way things are done. Good letter though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#22 [url]

Mar 26 14 5:35 AM

In what way were they not supportive? Sometimes clinic staff can be seen to be non-supportive, but the real reason they don't want a particular patient to get off MMT is that they are worried that the patient is not ready/will not cope without MMT.

I have heard people say that clinics don't want patients to try tapering because they don't want to lose the money that the patient brings in. I think that is complete hogwash, as even if the clinic was money orientated, there are always plenty of people wanting to sign up to the clinic to take that person's place.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#23 [url]

Mar 27 14 8:37 AM

yeah I don't believe that they are in fear of the money....

I think in ways they want to be the controlling governing body that makes the decision when and if a patient should remain and/or taper off methadone...that is my personal opinion....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#24 [url]

Mar 27 14 8:39 AM

ismelltherain wrote:
I feel there needs to be a major re-vamp in the way things are done.
Yes so many things need  re-addressing, some discontinued and some new implemented......

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help