Remove this ad

the elephantman

#21 [url]

Nov 6 11 8:46 AM

Wayover, what im saying is, i didnt do ANYTHING different that day!! My routine was EXACTLY the same as every other day but for whatever reason, that dose held me the entire day and the relief i got was quite good!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#22 [url]

Nov 6 11 9:02 AM

Wayover, what im saying is, i didnt do ANYTHING different that day!! My routine was EXACTLY the same as every other day but for whatever reason, that dose held me the entire day and the relief i got was quite good!!

-the_elephantman

Keep us informed of the next few day doses I would be interested because I do believe that those nurses the ones that suffer from burn out syndrome and/or love power trippin can indeed be capable of messing up on accident and on purpose.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

the elephantman

#23 [url]

Nov 6 11 9:07 AM

Well the 2 days after that one really good dose that held me ALL day, have been right back to SHITTY square one!! lol. They have SUCKED!! Now im back screamin, increase increase increase!! I wish like crazy that my dose would be like that good one every single day because i'd be quite content right where im at but the fact is, they just arent consistent. So increases are a necessity at this time!!

Quote    Reply   

katyrae2

#24 [url]

Mar 29 12 10:13 PM

sorry I have to agree too, teeth crumble like cookies , and its not always because when you were using you ignored the health of your teeth, not always true, not here any ways....it helps ruin your teeth..

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#25 [url]

Mar 30 12 4:47 AM

Methadone does NOT rot your teeth or get in your bones.

Opiates can cause 'dry mouth' which (like the name suggests) leaves you with a drier than normal mouth which can lead to more bacteria, BUT, if you have proper dental hygiene there is no reason you cannot overcome it.

Many other medications, such as some anti-depressants, cause dry mouth too.

I'm not sure where the 'it gets in your bones' myth came from, but it could be that some doctors thought there could be a link between methadone and osteoperosis.

The link has not been actually proven though I don't think.

Quote    Reply   

ccourtneymac

#26 [url]

Mar 30 12 6:18 AM

It is a lot easier to blame the methadone for rotten, brittle, frail teeth then to take responsibility for why your teeth are REALLY bad.  If someone tells me that they were busy brushing and flossing their teeth while in active addiction, I am not going to say they are lying, but they sure aren't telling the tooth!  lol

Most of us that have been in recovery for a goodly amount of time realize the value of honesty and how crucial it is.  Dishonesty/the inability to be honest with ourselves and/or others will keep us sick/in danger of relapse.  I know how painful it is to come to terms with how much we hurt others and ourselves while in active addiction, but if one is to have some semblance of peace/recovery/growth it must be done.

Some folks are going to blame the methadone, no matter what.  To do any less would mean that they actually have responsibility for the state of their oral hygiene. 

If I actually believed methadone was rotting my teeth I would look to other options quick, fast, and in a hurry. 

It bears noting that not even one scientific study to date has been published that shows that methadone rots teeth.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#28 [url]

Jun 11 12 6:21 AM

I'm not saying this isn't true, but why is calcium coating my toilet bowl?

-ismelltherain

How do you know it is actually calcium and not limescale or similar? Have you had a GC/MS done on your toilet?!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

rincon4567

#29 [url]

Jun 15 12 4:00 AM

Thanks for the INFORMATION, now I believe it cause you said it from a Methadone Dr., cause at first when I was reading some of the other responses I thought OH HOW DO THEY KNOW??? The Methadone CLinic owners would say anything. THANKS DEB.

Quote    Reply   

etaipo

#30 [url]

Aug 21 12 7:31 AM

Nice to see a phillies fan here,im from same town. tuff year for the ladds. Started on drugs from down the way(philly joke). big myth about methadone rotting your teeth. Anyone think it could have been our lifestyle? lets get real people...

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#31 [url]

Aug 22 12 3:23 AM

This really does piss me off. Methadone does not rot your frigging teeth, or get in your bones, or turn them orange or whatever other crap people spout at clinics.

All opiates/opioids can cause "drymouth", which like the name suggests is a dry mouth. The lack of saliva (which has antibacterial properties) makes for a really good breeding ground for bacteria, which then causes tooth and gum problems.

BUT, this can be combated by a good oral hygiene routine, and drymouth is also caused by a myriad of other meds, from anti-depressants to contraceptives, so cleaning your teeth often, and properly is key.

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#32 [url]

Aug 22 12 4:31 AM

You're right Sapphire. The bad hygiene and rotting teeth is caused by our neglect while we run around copping drugs. I've yet to see an addict who will not buy drugs so he can buy toothpaste instead!
Pete

Quote    Reply   

nez727

#33 [url]

Sep 27 12 2:08 AM

HI,
     SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS , I COME FROM AREA IN NEW YORK CITY, THERES ARE OVER 30 CLINICS IN NEW YORK CITY.   ZENITH IS 100% RIGHT  IS A MYTH  METHADONE DOES NOT GET INTO YOUR BONES , ALSO IT DOES NOT EAT YOUR TEETH AWAY, MY SISTER IS A DENTIST,
PEOPLE ON METHADONE LIKE I MYSELF YOU MUST BRUSH YOUR TEETH DAILY, PLUS DRINK ALOT OF WATER, IF YOU GO TO BATHROOM AND ITS HARD TO CRAP EAT BRAN FLAKES,OR RAISIN BRAN , WORKED GREAT FOR ME. PEOPLE LOVE TO TELL NEW COMERS THAT METHADONE GETS IN YOUR BONES. ASK ANY DOCTOR MEHADONE CAN NOT GET INTO YOUR BONES. WORD OF ADVICE FOR YOUNG NEWCOMERS STAY FAR AWAY FROM  XANAX!!!!!!!!!!
I WAS GETTING THEM FROM MY CLINIC ,YEP THE METHADONE CLINIC WAS GIVING PEOPLE
120  1 MILLAGRAM  XANAX  ,AFTER 3 OR 4 YEARS THEY  THE PROGRAM DID NOT WANT TO PAY THE PSYCHIATRI'S ANY MORE MONEY. AND AFTER 4 YEARS YOUR ALREADY HOOKED ON THEM. THIS CLINIC IS STILL IN JERSEY CITY. THEY HAD THE NERVE TO SAY YOU CAN DRINK METHADONE , BUT YOU CAN NOT TAKE XANAX. XANAX CAME OUT ABOUT 1983 I WAS A NEW GUY , NOW MOST ALL THE OLD GUYS ARE DEAD AND GONE. THEY KNOW PEOPLE ON A METHADONE CLINIC WILL HARDLY EVER SUE THEM. MAN THEY HAD PEOPLE DROPING FROM SEZUIRES, ALSO 1 GUY DIED ,FROM STOPPING TAKING XANAX, PLUS THEY HAVE THE GAUL TO CHARGE YOU BIG BUCKS WHEN METHADONE IS VERY VERY CHEAP!!!!!!!!   THANK GOD I FOUND A PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR CLOSE BY, NOW I DO NOT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH RULES THAT CHANGE EVERY DAY. THE PROGRAM IN JERSEY CITY DEGRADES YOU!!!!!!!!!
TAKE CARE    HAWK

Quote    Reply   

nez727

#34 [url]

Sep 27 12 2:46 AM

NOW I KNOW I FOUND I PERSON WHO KNOWS  THE CORRECT THINGS
YOUR ON THE MONEY!!!!!!!!   METH GETS IN YOUR BONES  LOL :) DAMM THEY LIKE TELLING NEW COMERS THAT MYTH  ABOUT  METH GETTING INTO BONES  AND EATING YOUR TEETH AWAY , NO WAY I AM 100% SURE  MY SISTER IS A DENTIST,THEY A DENTIST MUST KNOW AS MUCH AS A DOCTOR IN CASE SOMEONES GOS OUT IN THERE CHAIR ,PEOPLE ON METH
DO NOT WANT TO BURSH TEETH, ALOT OF THEM ONLY LIKE TO GET HIGH FROM XANAX AND METH. THEY FORGET HOW TO BRUSH TEETH, THEN EASY BLAME METHADONE!!!!!!!!!!
ILL TELL YOU METH  IS AOK  PEOPLE GET BRAIN WASHED FROM JERKS ON LINE

YOUR RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

Quote    Reply   

nez727

#35 [url]

Sep 27 12 2:50 AM

NOW I KNOW I FOUND I PERSON WHO KNOWS  THE CORRECT THINGS
YOUR ON THE MONEY!!!!!!!!   METH GETS IN YOUR BONES  LOL :) DAMM THEY LIKE TELLING NEW COMERS THAT MYTH  ABOUT  METH GETTING INTO BONES  AND EATING YOUR TEETH AWAY , NO WAY I AM 100% SURE  MY SISTER IS A DENTIST,THEY A DENTIST MUST KNOW AS MUCH AS A DOCTOR IN CASE SOMEONES GOS OUT IN THERE CHAIR ,PEOPLE ON METH
DO NOT WANT TO BRUSH TEETH, ALOT OF THEM ONLY LIKE TO GET HIGH FROM XANAX AND METH. THEY FORGET HOW TO BRUSH TEETH, THEN EASY BLAME METHADONE!!!!!!!!!!
ILL TELL YOU METH  IS AOK  PEOPLE GET BRAIN WASHED FROM JERKS ON LINE AT PROGRAMS   STAY AWAY BE A LONER  AT ANY METHADONE PROGRAM

ptrsnake13  YOUR RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

-nez727ptrsnake13

Quote    Reply   

buzz clark

#36 [url]

Sep 23 16 11:09 PM

You're Right

Like you said, methadone doesn't get into your bones. (no drug I know of has those properties), or turn your teetha weird color. BUT methadone will rot away the teeth due due the dry mouth syndrome. Suboxone (buprenorphine) does it too.  I brush my teeth 4 times a day and floss impeccably. Before I go to bed I do my best brushing and flossing,so there's no lack of good oral hygeine. I wake up sometimes after sleeping a couple hours with horrible dry mouth. THAT'S what's causing my teeth to rot. We need saliva to wash away the bacteria.
  I've tried biotene and that works a little... But I have to stress that it has nothing to do with bad oral hygeine, and everything to do with the dry mouth I get from opiates. When I quit opiates the saliva returns and the bacteria is washed away...but chronic use of methadone or suboxone causes me dry mouth where bacteria thrive. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help