Remove this ad

audaxrex

Lead

Feb 29 16 2:38 PM

Tags : :

...anyone have any experience crossing international borders with methadone? specifically, when you arrive at customs would you volunteer that you are travelling with methadone and have the documentation? or would you simply offer your bags and wait and see if the customs officer has questions? what if the officer asks 'anything to declare?' - would you speak up about the methadone then?
   This will be my first trip out of North America in fifty years so I am a bit nervous.
   By the way, my username was Dax back when I used to post here years ago. I've just been over to the 'dog facebook page but it appears it will likely post my name - I really am not a big fan of facebook.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#1 [url]

Mar 1 16 9:31 AM

You need to check that the country you're going to allows methdone to be bought into the country, some like Japan and Belgium do not. Always where possible travel with dry meds and keep them in your hand luggage so they can't get lost.

Take a letter with you from your prescriber stating what you're prescribed, what dose, and how much per day etc. In some countries they won;t let you fly with more than 100ml liquid even if it is medication, so take that into account.

As far as customs, I would offer up no information, as it's just another legally prescribed medication, like insulin or blood pressure meds. Only offer up the letter from the prescriber if they question you about the methadone, chances are they won't give it a second glance.

Indro is the definitive guide to travelling with methadone; http://www.indro-online.de/travel.htm

Quote    Reply   

audaxrex

#2 [url]

Mar 3 16 4:04 AM

Thank you, Sapphire - your advice agrees with what I've learned so far - wait until you're asked. I have these fantasies of being turned away at customs, money wasted, family marooned. Still, we're just tourists there to spend money so it is unlikely.

Quote    Reply   

freeatlast

#3 [url]

Mar 6 16 1:30 PM

I went to Mexico last year. I did not declare anything. I had a sealed letter from my clinic doctor. I did not even have to use it. I did carry my medicine in my purse. I only took the amount needed for my trip.Good luck to you. I don't think you will have any problems.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help