Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Lead

Dec 18 15 8:13 AM

Tags : :

The holiday season can be a particularly hard one for a lot of us in recovery/treatment.

Instead of picking up if you feel down, I'd really encourage you to reach out, either to a friend, or to someone on one of the Internet support groups.

This time of year has me thinking particularly of our Administrator @Wayovermyhead, as I know she always is a little down around the holidays. I hope that sending her some love and positive vibes will make her feel a little better.

Sometimes even just posting about what's on your mind can make you feel better, so I hope that if people are feeling blue over the holidays, they use the support services that are out there.

Also make sure that you know when your clinic is open/closed. If you have TH's make sure you know when you're supposed to get them, as the clinics will be closed on Friday 25th Dec, and Friday 1st Jan, and possibly some of the days inbetween. Even if you don't have any TH's, make sure you know when they clinic's open so you know when you need to go and get dosed.

You don't want to have Christmas ruined because you turned up and the clinic was closed!!

Maybe just to put your mind at rest, give them a call on Monday, that way you'll know for sure.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

thelung

#1 [url]

Dec 29 15 3:39 PM

The winter months are always hard for me. I suffer from Seasonal affective disorder, and living in Seattle, WA doesn't help things. I recently started taking 1000iu of Vitamin D every day to boost my mood during the winter months, and its working quite well. Happy Holidays everyone!

thelung

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#2 [url]

Dec 30 15 6:11 AM

I'm trying the Vitamin D this year too!! I can't really tell if it's doing a lot, but I don't feel as teary as i usually do.

Quote    Reply   

thelung

#3 [url]

Dec 30 15 10:27 AM

sapphire76 wrote:
I'm trying the Vitamin D this year too!! I can't really tell if it's doing a lot, but I don't feel as teary as i usually do.

That's awesome!  For me, its working pretty well.  I can feel a difference and I've only been taking it for a couple of days.  This could just be in my head though !  

thelung

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#4 [url]

Jan 8 16 8:29 AM

I'm glad it's working for you! My hair and skin seem better, but apart from that, not much difference. BUT, there are loads of different types of Vitamin D, like D3 etc, so I don't know if I'm taking the right one! I'm taking d3 as that's the one that emulates what you get from sunshine.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help