Remove this ad

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Lead

Aug 4 15 6:30 PM

Tags : :

This was a community message from wayovermyhead on A.T. Watchdog Forum. WANTED OLD AND NEW MEMBERS FOR THE DAWG...a.k.a. A.T. Watchdog http://atwatchdog.lefora.com/

A few months back due to a serious Virus Hack into the Lefora System my computer and several other's crashed and had to be entirely replaced...not just fixed but replaced. Lefora would not admit to this but as soon as I got the nerve to try again the same dang thing happened therefore leaving me with no other choice than to stay off the forum. I have been communicating with Lefora and testing the site myself for dangers and I am pretty convinced the coast is clear...WE NEED OUR FORUM BACK UP AND RUNNING for many issues but most recently I have seen and read about and even been subject to the privacy violations that social media commits to and without sounding like a conspiracy theorist (which I am) I will go no further on that except that I don't want my private medical information, discussions and needs to be read by anyone much less the NSA and/or Government. So I feel it necessary to take back the forum and offer myself and anyone else that wants to join old and/or new members. I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL BACK ON THE DAWG ...We will keep the Facebook Group but this is where we really need to be to help our community with MMT/MAT Treatment and Clinic Issues and Subjects. Thanking you all in advance. Tonya a.k.a. Wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

dharmageddon

#1 [url]

Aug 4 15 7:52 PM

good luck-hope they return

It's always a problem when people disengage and changes happen such as this one. I've not been here often and won't be unless a dramatic change happens. It's not that the group is bad. Things like this have a life cycle. The members also have a sort of cycle for how intense the support they need might be. I think the Watchdog was a good place a few years ago. Whether it's the board, my POV, or both the reality is that it doesn't feel the same as it used to.

I admire you who have stayed the course. I am still a strong supporter of MMT and MAT, but my focus is in other places.

I will continue to poke my head in from time to time. Good luck with all the recovery efforts!

Quote    Reply   

baodai

#2 [url]

Aug 5 15 9:15 AM

All we can do is figure out how to get back and then try to do it.  I'm leery of FB Groups for some reason.  Loved the Dawg.

Quote    Reply   

cecily cardew

#3 [url]

Aug 5 15 11:00 AM

Loved the Dawg too...I first found the old forums back in 2006 when I first found MMT...

There's still so much to say & so much to do for methadone patients present and future--unfortunately, it doesn't seem to me like too much has changed for the better in the last decade.

We need community, I believe, but I'm probably the wrong person to know how to make that happen.

...was really glad to get your email about this place, though...made me smile.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#4 [url]

Aug 6 15 9:18 AM

Cecily

I think you and I established at one time we go to the same clinic...which blows my mind because we probably would know each other face to face.  I have only been going every 2 weeks on Saturdays but as of tomorrow will be my newest day of going every 2 weeks on Friday.  I really hate to think that the DAWG can't be restored back to a happening place because with all the FB and Twitter Social Medias I am finding that we are being compartmentalized by every post we make etc....I in fact and going to start using Bitlocker a encryption site to login thru.  BUT  telling me this site is not going to regain a good standing is a challenge that I am willing to take home.  The clinics are getting to be mismanaged and patients are suffering daily because of this.  Thank God we have a pretty good one.  

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

islandgirl

#5 [url]

Aug 6 15 3:42 PM

i love watchdog!

Aloha all friends...old and new! I have nothing but the deepest love and respect for Watchdog and all of its members. Wow.....back in the day.....around 2004'ish!?!? Watchdog saved my life and sanity!!! I mean...because of wd and all the amazing members....I finally felt like I was connected with people that truly understood my struggles and successes! Like everyone who struggles with addiction....my addiction was the focus of my life...and then, I went to a clinic and got on MMT. Wow.....my life was changed for the better. But...that was a long journey too. Trying to get stable while trying to understand the rules and regulations of the clinic. And learning the differences between federal laws and local laws, and each state having different laws regarding the clinic and its regulations. What a journey. But....coming to Watchdog felt like....COMING HOME. The people that I fell madly in love with. My peers... they taught me alot about how MMT works and how my body may react different and what the side effects are and understanding that I am NOT ALONE!!!!!

I am not sure how I can help you to "save" Watchdog...if in fact that is what you are seeking. But....I have nothing but love and support for WD! 
Not sure why I stopped visiting so often. I lived at WD morning, noon and night....for years. Slowly.....I became stable at the clinic. Eventually....in 2010 I went back to school to become a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, which I earned my certifitcate....with my GPA of 3.8!!! WOOHOO!

I am back in school...continuing my education and also working as a Youth Counselor for 'at-risk youth'.
Right now, I am taking my pre-req's to try to get into the "Rad Tech" program here on Oahu. I've always had a passion to become an Xray tech! So, we will see how that does for me. Its a very competitive program, and I am almost 50. Not that age should be a factor....but it is. However.....I am gonna continue to pursue my dreams....

I am still a patient at my clinic. I will likely be on MMT for life. I have no desire to taper off.

Anyways......I am here if I can be of service, in any way!

Aloha!
Kristin

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#6 [url]

Aug 7 15 4:06 AM

I really don't know what we can do. SOme people seem to prefer the immediacy of Social Media, knowing whatever time of day they post there's always going to be someone out there to answer their question.

Having said that, the Dawg is a font of really useful info, and some of the info some people on FB post is not always accurate. I believe there's room enough for the old style boards as well as the FB type groups, and I hope that people can make the time to use both, as I think they'll be pleasantly surprised how much support and info can be gleaned from these boards.

Quote    Reply   

mixx

#7 [url]

Aug 7 15 3:32 PM

Hell, Im a brand new member. I joined about the time you guys transitioned to facebook, and didnt join because I work online and didnt want the worlds of MMT and my career to intersect as I knew they would eventually on facebook.. I have only been in medication assisted treatment since the very beginning of the year. And I have been reallly wanting to find some other MAT clients to commiserate with , lol. So there is hope for it, if new people like me aree still looking for things like this.

I live in Tennessee-you already know how THAT battle goes, lol- and the week after next week am havin to guest dose INTERNATIONALLY while on a business trip. Let me tell you, setting that uphas been TERRRIFYING and I could hav used the support onthat one, lol, but I think it is allgoing to work out! I will let you guys know how things go whn I get back in a couple of weeks and will of course be here off and on til then.

Im glad to see a little life here and there ARE going to be more people who want to talk here-they just dont know its here for themyet!

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#8 [url]

Aug 8 15 7:24 PM

I agree any and all access to forums, websites, social media etc...IS IMPORTANT as the broader our audience the more help can be obtained and/or offered

As with Mixx there is the working role anonymity so much needed but one of the biggest threats are the "HATERS" people and/or organizations that stand against maintenance or medication assisted treatment modalities.  People can become relentless to put a stop to forums and websites that are Pro MMT/MAT and even lobbied outside clinics when they found out names of the administrators that started this forum years ago.  So sadly to say anonymity and/or the choice of remaining anonymous is a necessity to some so this necessitates a forum such as this.  I further feel the more the better.  Our message and information is very important and needs to reach any and all possible people that need our help.  

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

rosetta stoned

#9 [url]

Aug 9 15 10:48 PM

Holy shit, I haven't been on this site in YEARS, I don't know how many but I know it's been at least 3 since I was active on here. Still been at the same dose and everything since then too, going strong @ 5+ years now. I didn't post a whole lot but this site was extremely helpful for my treatment overall, I was able to gain on the knowledge I needed from this place and I definitely enjoyed being a part of it. I suppose I'll have to stick around again for a while.

Edit: Glad to see I have to title of 'Senior Member' hehe. Also happy that I can edit my posts, because if I remember correctly I was not able to edit posts on the old forum setup.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#10 [url]

Aug 10 15 7:19 AM

Dharma and Cecily, it's really good to see you, hope you might stick your head back in from time to time!! :) You've been missed.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mramell

#11 [url]

Aug 15 15 6:53 PM

hi IG

I remember you from way, way back perhaps far enough back when atwatchdog was run by a woman in KC? GEEEZ! I'm a great grandfather since.. I can't remember her name, rest her soul. I remember back when I set up the first domain name and independent board, but of course back then I was still lost in using and arguing with clinics and getting booted out and back to the streets.
Well eventually I made my way to 1000 miles from home and 10 years of treatment and free about 4 years ago. I tapered down from 158 mgs to 1mg to 0..
Long story short I'm alive and doing well. Heck, I even quit my daily dose of Johnny Walker Red to wait in line at the VA to get in the HepC program. .
So now days this atheist is in love with a wonderful christian lady (we don't try to convert each other) in a beautiful house on a lake in South Carolina which is a far cry from the homeless shelters of just a few years ago.
I've been clean some time now and hadn't thought much about methadone till watching the tripe put out by Russell Brand and his apparent abstinence only crusade.
I'm living proof that methadone treatment works. It was a slow and gradual process, but well worth the effort.

Anyway. . Just checking in to say hi to you and the rest of the folks who probably wouldn't know me if they ran over me with a broken tricycle. I used to be a regular pain in the butt on the old atwatchdog site..

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#12 [url]

Aug 21 15 5:39 AM

Hi Mramell, good to see you back! How long do you have to wait in line to start the Hep C treatment? Not too long i hope?!

Quote    Reply   

rrpostal

#13 [url]

Aug 26 15 7:58 PM

It's been a long time

Howdy all!
    I haven't been on this site for years. I think it was at least ten years ago when I was active here. I don't even remember the lady from Missouri who ran the place. I know she's since passed away. But her and lots of people here were a real service that I couldn't get from anywhere else. I'm still in an mmt program, but I honestly don't think about it very often. That's a good thing. I just pick up my meds once a month, take them every day and go on with my life. It really can be that easy. Heck, my latest addiction, and the only one I've had for over 15 years, is sugar and food. But I've droppped 35 lbs in the last two months, and despite hitting a plateau, I feel like I'm on the right track there, also.
    I'll pop in from time to time and try to help out in any way I can. This medicine really can work. I'm starting my MBA program next month, and work 40 hours plus, so my time isn't plentiful. But I've been doing this for quite a while. I know what worked for me and what didn't. I'm happy to share.

I hope everyone is doing well! I have no idea if I'll reckognize anyone from the early 2000s, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote    Reply   

mramell

#15 [url]

Aug 28 15 4:18 PM

hepc

I'm not sure how long the wait will be. I had to stop drinking for a minimum of 6 months and that was about 3-4 months ago. I had been sober for about 10 years waiting for the new treatments, but something about a bottle of 12 year old Scotch did me in. Strange that when the VA did a biopsy things seemed ok and I've had hepc now for over 20 years so I figured that a glass of Scotch wouldn't kill me and at the time I didn't much care if it did.
So now I'm in a great relationship and I seem to mind if it kills me. So in a few months I go back to the VA and try to convince the sawbones that I've been sober.. I have no clue how long it might be or if I'll even get back on the waiting list.

Quote    Reply   

methadoneangel

#16 [url]

Jun 15 16 2:57 PM

member from the orginal dawg

Hi, I havent been to Dawg for a long time I believe I joined in the early 2000`s.  I was a steady member for a long time but I drifted away and then I would poke my head back in the door. I havent looked at any names to see if anyones name is familiar. I remember Islandgirl.  I hope everyone is good. For most of you that may not remember me I have been on MMT since 2000.  I went by the same user name Methadoneangel.  Its nice to be back. I hope all the problems with the computer stuff is worked out. I have a question, since I was from the old Dawg to I get a senior member title instead of new member?

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#17 [url]

Jun 25 16 7:26 AM

Hi Methadoneangel. Unfortunately the title next to your name is generated by the website, and goes on how many posts you make. It's not something that can be altered manually.

Quote    Reply   

mythoughts2

#18 [url]

Jul 2 16 1:14 PM

Hey MA. Good to see ya. Today is my first post in years....us old Dawgs never learned the new tricks of Lefora!.....we will have to troll as youngins for now. Glad you are back.

Quote    Reply   

whippy witch

#19 [url]

Aug 1 16 5:24 AM

Hello

Wow,  it has been a really long time.  But I see many names I remember and remember well.  That one brain cell is still functioning.  Hey there Way and Saphire.  I am still alive, still running my itty bitty clinic.  I will try to check in more often!

=19.5pxwhippy_witch,

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#20 [url]

Oct 7 16 12:02 AM

It's been a while since I've been on. Figured I'd check in and see how everyone is doing. Since I was last on here I had a daughter & she just recently turned 1. Everything's going great for me just working a lot. Hope to hear from some of u I haven't talked to in a long time. I'll check back and try n pop in from time to time to stay active.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help