Remove this ad

lgau11364

Lead

May 16 15 4:25 AM

Tags : :

Hi everyone glad to be here again. On April 29, 2015, I voluntarily entered a detox/rehab facility, hoping for help with my ever worsening addiction to the painkiller Vicodin.  Upon discharge, and full of hope, I returned home, with my Aftercare program which I was to follow up on the next day according to my doctor’s and counselor’s instructions.Upon phoning the facility called ARS., I was upset to find that there was no appointment set up for the following day by my counselor to continue with my treatment maintenance ( I was given subutex in for the opiate withdraw period.) I then requested an appointment, explaining my circumstances and asking the receptionist to check her records as my counselor  told me she had been in touch with said facility and sent my health and physical records by fax, according to ARS requirements for entering their Methadone Maintenance Program.Then the receptionist told me that they didn’t have any openings until 5 days from now.  I panicked, unfortunately, afraid of the withdraw that was sure to come, knowing I would never be able to bear it on my own.  The receptionist suggested calling their other  office to see if there were any appointments there.  Again, unfortunately for me I let my panic and fear escalate into a full blown crying episode while on the phone with the receptionist.  I’m sure this mistake was one reason why, when I went to the other clinic the following day, having travelled by Access Link (transportation for people with disabilities), I was turned away.  The reason for this as was explained to me by a worker in the ARS office , was that my counselor from detox, told their facility that she didn’t recommend that I be accepted into their Methadone Maintenance Program because I was taking  Xanax. I was tapered and detoxed off from Xanax  even though I was legitimately prescribed it for Generalized Anxiety Disorder with Panic and did not abuse it, I was willing to discontinue the medication if it was a requirement for acceptance into their program and Methodone Maintainance Program.  I asked the woman at the clinic to do a blood and urine test to prove I had no benzodiazepines in my system and she refused.  I then asked her to phone the doctor who treated me at detox, but she refused to listen to me because I was panicked, scared, and couldn’t understand why my counselor would lie about my condition.The reasons for my own and the doctor’s recommendation for Methadone Maintenance for my recurring opiate problem was due to the fact that Suboxone made my ankles swell and caused edema in my ankles and feet.  This condition put me in the hospital with cellulitis not long before, where I was given IV antibiotics then sent home with a strong antibiotic prescription.Currently, I am on Social Security Disability since 1998 for Major Depression and Generalized Anxiety disorder.  In 2006 after 8 hours of testing I was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder (inattentive type) taking Dexedrine spansule 10mg. 2 times daily for my condition.  I was detoxed from Dexedrine spansules willingly  even though my addiction was to opiates only, I understood their policy regarding narcotics and didn’t complain.I believe I would have committed suicide if not for the love and support of my family, which has gotten me through this hellish experience so far.  Last Wednesday, I went to see my regular psychiatrist (who I think didn't believe me either), who set me up with an appointment for an addiction acessment for another aftercare program (methodone maintainance I hope) this coming Monday.  Should I report the detox facility?  Any advice or guidance would be gratefully accepted. Thanks.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

reviewsatisfaction

#1 [url]

May 16 15 8:34 AM

Welcome

If it were me, If I still had a problem controling my urges than  I would go to another Clinic and leave out some of the details like taking "xanax" and then quitting them, just don't bring them up as a problem anymore (if they are not)
There have been a lot of related deaths because of xanax and methadone..Clinics and clients need to be scared..It is a scary situation for most.  Maybe also leave out your latest visit to rehab because if your problem is solved and you are not taking any opiates you do not need any treatment now...Be glad because I will tell you this Methadone is a bitch to get off of.
No matter what route you go.Coming out of a rehab, you must have served your purpose there.r...So be gratefull and get on with your life.
If xanax is a trigger for you to use opiates than tell your physchiatrist I am sure they can help you most likely in both matters..

Good Luck

Quote    Reply   

lgau11364

#2 [url]

May 17 15 12:05 AM

Thanks for reply

I appreciate your advice a great deal.  I forgot to mention that after being turned away from the aftercare program, immediatly upon returning home, I took a xanax I had because I was in unbearable anxiety. I also relapsed because I feared withdraw syndrome from subutex 4mg. given to me the morning I left the clinic. Another thing I don't think I remembered to mention in my last post (sorry, this is so complicated, and I am not very good at remembering or explaining events on a good timeline, but I try) is that detox sent me home with an uncomplete aftercare contract and no subutex to sustain and keep away withdraw in case I didn't get an appointment the following day.  I think a requirement is to have a complete aftercare program upon completion of detox because relapse rates are high for most in the beginning.  When I  relapsed on opiates once again, I fear I ruined any chance of getting help from a clinic, but I'm not sure how it works exactly, would u have any knowledge about how it would work and what I should do in case Monday's new assesment is not helpful?  Again, I apoligize for the fragmented story, as it's hard sometimes to remember events exactly  in a timeline order, ( I think my add disorder and my being real upset is a contributer for that).  I don't think Xanax is a trigger, as I didn't have a problem with it and hardly ever took a required 2 a day or as needed, but as I said I am more than willing to give them up if it means being accepted into a Methadone program.  Thanks so much for you're thoughtful reaching out and help, I love having found this forum as I feel very alone and don't have many to talk to who understand.

Quote    Reply   

reviewsatisfaction

#3 [url]

May 17 15 9:59 AM

Okay,no worries

As I get the same way at times...But for you are fresh out of a rehab and sometimes your thinking may feel like cobwebs in your brain..I reread both your posts and from what I am understanding is that you were in rehab and detoxed off both the vicodin and xanax? But you have xanax available to you if you want to take them as you said you did take one..Is that right so far? Ok, so 
you cannot tolerate Suboxone but you were okay taking the Subutex? Ok, now you are still not finished with your rehab program because it also carries a period of time in aftercare, which you are not receiving to date? Is this  all correct? If so, because of their responsibilities to you they should have a pretty detailed after care program that you should be able to go to. Most of the time they are at the same facility that you had your rehab/recovery... So you should call them and tell them everything that has happen thus far, in case they have special liberties in your state we are not aware of to speak n your behalf.
If they are passing the buck, so to speak, then you need to get back in touch with them and let them know what happened and that you are confused and uncomfortable with your recovery to date and do not wish to defeat the purpose of everything you went through.
If this is all correct, then they would be the ones to let you know your next steps. Because one thing I never heard of a  rehab nurse or whoever..besides a patient  call a Methadone Clinic and receive the exact answer to what YOU need to move forward with methadone. Not without going through intake. All of this would be up to the Clinic  and their program. All this is decided after the initial intake paperwork, then if a counselor/nurses sees you fit for the program, you will see a DR who would determine you medicine and dosage.
So the ball is in your court if this is your first battle with opiate addiction and if you are young, there are many Clinics that will turn you away especially if you have already gone through a detox program and the drug is out of your body.
Going into a Methadone Program is usually a either or situation...for instance if you went before rehab and the drug would be in your blood/body they could still look at your age and your drug history and turn you away. I have seen this done at my Clinic and heard of others doing this. Now if you are going in as you have and only got as far as the paperwork because you explained the situation you have recently been through they may not see fit to keep you tied down to any of the drugs MMT offers. No drugs in your blood just Subutex_(they do not carry)  then they are gonna figure you got it somewhere either from a doctor or bought off the street. So what I am saying is " its all in your story" Sometimes even your age will have something to do with things also Sometimes the combination of both.                    
It is unfortunate that this will happen but I would think if the rehab you came from carries a dr who  can write for Subutex and he gives you this because of  serious side effects problems suboxone, then you are better off with him  detoxing you off of subutex through aftercare, if they will (and should)
Clinics carry suboxone and methadone you cannot take suboxone if methadone is in your body. which doesn't matter anyway because both of these are opiods and people go to these Clinics for opiate addiction. Your opiates are not in your body anymore...You beat it!! Now the key is to stay away from all of the this and that, which can make you decide to relapse....You beat this, don't go make anything worse if you do not need too. I hope this helps ...I also have an anxiety disorder and have to take something for it  and I also have been on methadone 4 times. This last time I have remained on it for over 11 years and most likely the rest of my life. I am still not sure since I am a career drug addict.
 If you need specifics it is best to IM  me, or wait for the admin to come on and read your posts. Once again forums are great but they are public and anyone can read this if they so desire. Just go to profile and find your inbox and IM your questions to either me  or the admin /mods that come here from time to time...Many of them have gone over to Facebook, which I will not ever do. I believe in anonymity and do not trust Facebook...but that is just me.

Good Luck I am here for you
Don't give in, you have come a long way
Peace
Reviewimage

Last Edited By: reviewsatisfaction May 17 15 10:12 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

liz119

#4 [url]

May 18 15 12:21 AM

Intro and story cont......

Thanks again for your thoughtful reply, it takes work to understand my scattered tale (due to scattered brain!).  To your credit you have been spot on with most of it :).  I am 50 years of age, in menopause and mood swings also my thyroid is totally out of whack and I start thyroid med adjustment soon.  I think this is another reason I've been so screwed up mentally and depressed.  As far as Subutex/Suboxone goes, I get swelling from both, but they also provide good medicine for withdraw symtoms in my case. (I'm considering just taking either subutex or suboxone in spite of the swelling as it seems the easier way to beat my addiction problems).  My after care program which my doctor in detox decided upon, but my counselor apparently didn't agree (?) with was for a Methadone Maintainence Program called Addiction Recovery Services here in Cape May County, NJ.  After being told by this program ARS that they would not help me because according to them my detox counselor told them by telephone that I was taking benzodiazopines (?), I requested a blood test and urine on the spot to prove I had no benzo's in my body, for which they still denied me help.  When I returned home that day, I called and left a messege at the detox center for the doctor who treated me to call me back and it was very important.  Later that day, I was surprized that he did call me, and I explained to him (calmly) that my aftercare program was ruined  and explained why.  He recommeded I call another methodone maintainence facility.  He denied that one of "his counselor's" would ever do what ARS told me she did.  I asked him to phone the ARS Metodone Maintenance Program to vouch for my completing his program free of benzo's.  He said he would, but I don't think so, because the ARS clinic didn't call me back. I think I need to request a copy of my medical records from there, what do you think?  I thought my intake to the ARS program was taken care of by the counselor, having told me she sent my physical records and medical info by fax.  After arriving at the mmt that day, there was no intake, just my signed aftercare form (it didn't get that far before the accusation of having taken benzo's).  Please ask more questions for clarification, they help. Thanks  PS- My lefora account has 2 usernames at the moment, liz119 and lgau11364 which I'm working out with lefora currently, Thanks again

Last Edited By: liz119 May 18 15 12:25 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

reviewsatisfaction

#5 [url]

May 18 15 11:09 AM

Our admin knows a lot about the clinics in different states

At least the who what and where...But for now, yeah you are right, a Dr can't really do anything on your behalf by phone without you signing a medical release and then it wouldn't be by phone it would be probably mail or fax..I say fu(k um...Look online and do a search..http://www.methadonecenters.com/directory/new-jersey/ as you look keep in mind that the ARS are all possibly affiliated with one another. So search other clinics and then call only asking specifics  Do they have any open appointments for intake?
Directions if you decide to go...How much money do you need? Do they take medicaid ? How long does it take from intake    and all their reqirements from your first visit to getting your first dose? Do they have suboxone? Once you do their paperwork, you need to understand your SS# will tell them where you have had treatment if you were in the rehab? Also if you were in treatment before, like being on the program MMT at least in the past 1-3 years since most of them linked up together... 
Also having subutex dr's that just prescribe it may be an option for you too. Do a search for Subutex and Dr's that prescribe it of course only using specefic keywords...
Look you may have better luck looking for a dr and explaining your circumstances about being in rehab and needing the medicine. Bing search will show you a map and dr. Google may show you even more.
I would like to IM you in here, at dawg because you have your own mailbox.. as do I. But seems strange you having created 2 accounts with the same amount of posts..Can u explain? I would like to help you but some information is better left in a message so public and haters can not see or use against either of us and the community. Also, Have you ever been in a recovery program before or received MMT? Do you know what MMT means?
My font changed!! LOL I kinda like it though

Peace image
Review

Last Edited By: reviewsatisfaction May 18 15 11:29 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

liz119

#7 [url]

May 19 15 4:01 AM

username

Hi again, Well I think my account is straightened out,(I hope) I have a supported account.  I've read some posts here, and wayovermyhead and saffire seem very knowledgable and helpful, as you are. I would love to know what they think also.  Talk to you soon. Thanks :)

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#8 [url]

May 20 15 4:18 AM

Wow Liz, it certainly sounds like you've been through a lot of stress trying to get into treatment! Hopefully now they will at least drug screen you, see that you're benzo free and start dosing you. If they will not for whatever reason, are there any other clinics nearby?

In the long run, for your recovery, I think that coming off the Dexedrine and the Xanax will have been for the best as they can sometimes be not conducive to recovery in some people, particularly when times get stressful.

Are you managing OK without the Xanax and the Dexedrine? Were you prescribed any other meds to take the place of them?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help