Remove this ad

Jrosie

Lead

Feb 27 15 11:57 AM

Tags : :

Hi all,
I am an MMT patient for 15 years from Virginia. It has made all the difference from day one for me. I've been on 27 day takehomes almost from the moment the Federal Regulations allowed. My first clinic only permitted two weeks takehomes so I moved to an OBOT Program in Baltimore(I think that is what it is called as I didn't have to dose there, but just did a urine screen and took home my bottle of diskettes). A new clinic opened up much closer to my home and I've been there for the last 11 years or so. The clinic has changed buildings once and owners three times. The amount of counselors, nurses, Medical Directors, Executive Directors has been mindboggling. I used to be involved in a lttle MMT advocacy(has anyone seen or heard from Chris Kelly(DCReardon or DC-ARM recently?) but havent done any for the last several years unfortunately. One of the clinic owners was a wonderful man named Jeff Kegley who was an incredible patient advocate. He has since passed away and is sorely missed at our clinic.....
Recently a new policy was put into place which makes alcohol an illicit drug and is screened by the ETG Test. Well, after 15 years of MMT and 27 day takehomes, I got an alcohol positive urine screen. I now am going to the clinic DAILY except for Sundays... Quite a rude awakening for me. I went from being my clinic's MMT Poster child who was trotted out whenever the Accreditors came to a daily doser.
So that's my MMT story(for now)... 
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#1 [url]

Feb 28 15 6:41 AM

Hi Jrosie, and welcome back! Chris hasn't been around for ages, and I don't believe she's involved in advocacy any longer sadly.

Sucks that you have to go daily now, how long will that be for, 30 days? Does this mean that you will not be able to drink alcohol at all? I do not drink at all, as I would rather have my script and TH's than drink!

Quote    Reply   

Jrosie

#2 [url]

Mar 1 15 10:21 AM

Hi! As far as I can tell I have to go daily for 30 days. After that it is up to the "Treatment Team" to decide if and how many take homes I will be permitted. I'm a social drinker, a glass or two of wine at dinner--or I should say that I WAS a social drinker. I've never had a positive urine screen in FIFTEEN YEARS, nor ever had a take home taken away, so I'm a little stunned. Alcohol seems to be on the radar now, at least in Virginia and most clinics are testing for it. I should have kept up on new policies at the clinic, so I'm responsible for the situation that I'm in. I'm still frustrated.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#3 [url]

Mar 2 15 6:44 AM

It's a shame really, that those of us who are able to enjoy a social glass of wine, or one with dinner, are being targeted as if we are alcoholics, but I guess the clinics worry that there can be deadly consequences when people drink far too much and are on methadone. Problem really is that these tests will not tell them who is a social drinker, and who is a problem drinker, so it's a little silly really.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help