Remove this ad

mixx

Lead

Jan 26 15 2:12 PM

Tags : :

Hi there, this is mixx. I have been on MMt for approx one month now, first time joining a clinic, altho I tried to go years ago and was turned away becausethey only did 3 new intakes a day, and they told me, come back tomorrow. well, I came back about ten years later, lol. Had been going hard on any mixed bag of opiates I could find, including methadone I had bought on the street, etc. BUt my prior experiences with it before kind of clued me in  that it was somehting that could work for me in  the right environment. And I'm not gonna lie, I am really really happy I started going to MMT. I am still not reached my therapeutic dose but I can already tell this way the right thing for me, and I am in zero rush to be done with this program, clinic, etc. My whole drug min dset never eeally revolved around guilt tbh, I wasnt someone depressed by the fact I was on drugs, or rueful etc. i mostly enjoyed it, even with the struggle, and plannned NEVEr to quit my whole life, had already been going strong close to 15 years. In a way I came to feel that I was medicating myself with the thing my body needed to get thru the day and have a life, so to speak. BUt i did know that it couldnt be maintained forever, and i had of course given up a lot and had a lotta fuckups because of drugs of course, as I am sure all of us have. And I personally love the fact that I can go to the clinic forever, stay on methadone forver, if that is what is needed for me personally, and at this point I truly do feel it is. So I am overall really happy with the decision to get on MMT, and I feel like for me it was the totally correct decision. So now that I am making MMT a part of my life, I have been doing research online and thought I would say helloo here and that I am happy to be here and a part of it, and I can see that methadone can really be the right things for some people, me being among them. Nice to meet you all ! <3
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#1 [url]

Feb 28 15 6:46 AM

Hi Mixx, and welcome. At this stage, as you've not even titrated to your optimal dose, I wouldn't even be thinking about getting off!!! Just think about getting stable on that optimal dose, and improving things that have been damaged through the years of opiate misuse, whether that's your physical health, mental health, career, family etc, If you need to stay on forever, so be it, but it;s not really something to worry about for now, stabilising is the priority right now!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help