Remove this ad

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Lead

Dec 25 14 10:13 AM

Tags : :

Message me I am wayovermyhead on there too.  

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#1 [url]

Dec 26 14 12:32 PM

FACEBOOK Cont'd...community message from wayovermyhead on A.T. Watchdog Forum.

8 minutes ago

wayovermyhead I hope everyone is surviving the season well. I am actually getting most motivated into getting out of 2014 and getting into 2015 and with that being said, I have finally took the leap and incorporated a Facebook Group to wit: "A.T. Watchdog A Pro Methadone Maintenance Support Group" https://www.facebook.com/groups/1599996730222196/ I am encouraging you all to visit and see if we can transition over into the social media but also done so with caution not to expose identities of anyone here at the DAWG...Some closed groups will not allow alias names/members but if you design a special facebook alias to join the group I will authorize membership. It would be nice if you try to use your name as you are known on here so as we can know who u really are to us here at the DAWG..because Real Names are unwarranted, discouraged and anonymity is upheld at the highest regard. I have joined the group in both real person and alias not to mention the association out loud but some of you will see me as both. I did this in favor that I am unashamed of my Pro MMT/MAT status and favor but I also do not want to injure the forum in any fashion as Hate Groups have been known to attack. If I can be of any assistance or you are having issue getting on the forum i.e.http://atwatchdog.lefora.com/ email me at wayovermyhead@att.net Please stay and/or become active on the forum as by no means can this group replace the necessity of this forum as there is a great need for privacy and anonymity to patients and people in MMT/MAT something Facebook Groups do not appreciate as much. I do understand the need to discourage aliases in the social media setting so there is a bit of a conflict here but I am confident we can iron through some of the wrinkles as we go. Happy New Years to you all...and come visit both locations...Looking forward to hearing form you all. Wayovermyhead

This was a community message from wayovermyhead on A.T. Watchdog Forum.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

the elephantman

#3 [url]

Jan 1 15 5:30 AM

I was hesitant at first of the whole social media idea but ive started warming up to it now, especially after seeing u can still have as much privacy as u prefer. Just have too go to ur settings and get everything set up to fit ur personal needs. I really hope everyone gives it a try and hopefully is able too find a way to make it work for u.

If anyone needs help with anything, @wayover, @sapphire or myself would be more than happy too help u any way we can.

Quote    Reply   

krotchgoblin

#4 [url]

Jan 1 15 7:48 PM

This is cool!  My BFF is on MMT also, and on FB alot.  I'll have to tell her about us.

But for me, 
How do you create a new facebook account w/ an alias?  Don't they only allow 1 account per email?

I want to join, but absolutely cannot risk joining w/ my real FB account, I have too many family members that read my FB stuff regularly.  

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#5 [url]

Jan 2 15 7:05 AM

You'd have to set up another email account, that's what most people do, it's real easy to set up Google mail accounts, takes about 2 mins.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#6 [url]

Jan 2 15 7:06 AM

You'd have to set up another email account, that's what most people do. Setting up a Google mail account is real easy, takes about 2 mins.

Quote    Reply   

kar92

#7 [url]

Jan 28 15 3:21 AM

on Facebook? Article on Nalaxone and saving lives and money on NYTimes on Wednesday Jan 28, 2015

First of all, a girl from Florida named Madison Keys just beat Venus Williams in Australia, a few minutes ago (6 AM EST on EastCoast USA)  not that she won the Title over there but I was real surprised to see a teenager could beat Venus.. This girl is powerful though and I just saw an interview with her and she's also nice, and turned pro when she was only 16 I think.

Back on topic:

Well, if I go over there (To FaceBook) I will have to create a new personality also and FB is not great , and neither is Gmail about letting you "be" someone else. I have tried many times to get an alternate Email, and different handle, and end up on this page where they have all this stuff about " is it your REAL NAME,(??) "  and so forth.  Ya know ALL The web-based Emails are getting very difficult in that way.  I was unable to create a new Yahoo account recently because they kept quizzing me and trying to keep me from using a name, wanted to allow me a number only.  We have an ATT account so I guess I will have to try to use that, but I don't want to call Customer Service and talk to them for over 45 min just to set up a new EMail ;)  I'm not lazy I just have so many things like that in life, where I"m waiting while on the phone, on someone else's schedule, and there are so many jobs I need to get done and they don't get done.  I'm so behind in my medical stuff, have so many appointments I'm behind on, had recent dental emergency stuff which robbed me of any order in how I was keeping my appts.  Well I will quit complaining now ;)  lol, sorry...

As far as the FB and Gmail accounts, they want your real info for advertising purposes I guess.  So anyhow I guess I will post this link HERE, for now, this article link I Mean
It was on the Front Page of the New York Times today, and article about how ODs can cost cities and government LESS bc of Nalaxone of course, after all this time think they are going to do something about it and make it available to other than top hospital personnel.. I hope so, it will save lives, forget the money aspect!

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/science/treatment-of-overdose-will-cost-cities-less.html?mabReward=R1&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=Recommendation&src=rechp&WT.nav=RecEngine

and I will post the article if nobody wants to click to read, but I have been up for a few hours and need to get some sleep, have missed everyone.

So anyway, since I won't get to FB, maybe someone else can take this article and put it on the site over there?  I don't like the place anyway and sure do not want people other than those here at Watchdog tracking me over there, and there ARE people who make it a life activitiy of going on places like FB so they can study and find out information about the lives of other people. I'm not interested in telling my relatives or any old acquaintances about my medication assisted treatment.  It's been a godsend to me, but the people that I have to live among aren't so open-minded and aren't so knowledgeable. Like the article on Nalaxone? They would not even know what the heck that is all about, and as a news item they would skip right past it.

HOPE EVERYONE HAD GOOD HOLIDAYS AND WILL HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR, YES I KNOW IT'S NEARLY FEBRUARY BUT I THINK NEW YEAR WISHES ARE APPROPRIATE FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF JANUARY AND I WISH THE BEST FOR EVERYONE HERE..  HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!  

Thank you to WayOverMyHead for all her work on the Forum and the other people that work so hard to make it what it is!
:)

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#8 [url]

Jan 28 15 8:13 AM

I have 2 accounts on FB and Google, and have never had a problem. It's a closed group, so plenty of people do use their real names, as none of your FB friends can see what's in the group, or that you're even a member unless they know the specific name of the group to look at. I am having problems with the advocacy charity that I run in the UK, so am just too busy at the moment, maybe someone else can post it for us?!

Quote    Reply   

mixx

#9 [url]

Jan 29 15 2:23 PM

HI there, I am new and looking to talk to other MMTers or at least just read up and get more informed. Can you guys recommend any active forums or sites that might be worth joining as well, outside of the new Facebook group? I work online, and Facebook is the devil to me as far as letting separate worlds cross at times, no matter how many boxes I check or uncheck or accounts etc, lol. I am fine with almost all other appropriate social media outlets, it is just facebook I have had bad experiences with, and do not currently find it appropriate to use just b/c of my own work situation. If there are any other sites of forums you guys know of, I would love to hear. Thank you for your insight, I have enjoyed what I have learned here from the old posts at least, lol, and I hope to see you around!

Quote    Reply   

Junatan

#10 [url]

Jan 29 15 7:30 PM

thanks for the links to your profile, i am new here, so i will definitely join your ranks! thanks again!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mynorm

#12 [url]

Feb 11 15 6:42 AM

I put in a join group request, I am on my 6day of methadone treatment and praying it gets better than this, would love to join the group. Thanks

Quote    Reply   

mixx

#13 [url]

Feb 23 15 12:59 PM

ok, I will assume that's a "no" then, lol. Well thanks anyways, and I repeat if anyone knows any active non facebook forums anywhere to talk about MMT, Im dying to join! lol. So please if anyone has any info let me know! I am already dealing with the whole "cant have accounts not in your real name" thing happening on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/help/159096464162185/?ref=cr ) because my work is online, so I hope I can meet you guys somewhere on the net if you know any great places to talk about this stuff, which is of course why Im here!
Thank you!

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#14 [url]

Feb 27 15 6:01 AM

Mixx, I have 'accepted' all request to join the FB group, I would never not accept someone unless I knew they were an anti MMT representative, which you obvs are not. What name did you try registering under? Please check again today, as I have just approved a load of people.

Quote    Reply   

kar92

#15 [url]

Apr 8 15 1:09 PM

from Karan, a great Article, about the failure of 12 step programs from a national respected magazine,, also about FB... Hope U see this.

Hi Sapphire and Way,

I have to tell yall I just canNOT out myself over at FB.. I am real low profile over there.. I only have my sister, brother, daughter and son and their spouses as my friends, and maybe a couple of girls from my old boarding school, and I am JUST NOT WILLING FOR THEM TO KNOW ALL ABOUT MY PROBLEM WITH SUBSTANCE.... HOWEVER I HAD TO COME HERE TO TELL Y'ALL ABOUT THIS GOOD ARITLCE.

IT WAS PUBLISHED IN THE ATLANTIC MONTHLY JOURNAL THIS MONTH, A RESPECTED MAGAZINE, and I got it in the Print edition to my home, but I want all of you to see it and read it if you want. Since I cannot copy it over to FB, I am going to put the link up here. IT'S AN EXCELLENT ARTICLE, AND DEBUNKS THE "SCIENCE" OF AA, AND THE 12 STEP PROGRAMS, citing they have a 5% to 8% success rate.. That is pretty low.

THis is NOT TO SAY THAT IF IT IS HELPING YOU AND IT IS WORKING AT ALL FOR YOU ALONG WITH WHATEVER OTHER TREATMENT YOU ARE GETTING THAT YOU SHOULD NOT CONTINUE YOUR PROGRAM, I JUST WANTED everyone to see the science that is behind this new view that there are several medications for "ALCOHOLIC USE DISORDER" now.. It's no longer "Alcoholism"  etc..  and the people who did the science had to TRAVEL OUTSIDE AMERICA becuase America is SO STUCK ON the old Big Book which is not only faith based, but also based on a number of bad atittudes such as "YOU ARE POWERLESS" when in fact it's essential to see you do have power to help yourself in a number of different ways.    Of course this is not just about AA but also about any substance problem and it mostly focuses on MEDICATOIN ASSISTED TREATMENT!!

I do hope to hear from you, Way,  THAT YOU saw this post and my link will be a good article for some discussion..I am SO VERY SORRY THAT EVERYONE HAS LEFT THIS WEBSITE FOR FB, I just cannot get on over there and join since I am NOT willing to lay bare the really bad lows of my life to everyone, or answer questions about my personal business in my life to anyone other than the people here. 

I MISS ALL OF YOU VERY MUCH AND IF ANYONE IS STIL POSTING HERE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW,   thanks AND EVERYONE BE WELL AND ENJOY SPRING! :)  Luv, Karan

Article here --->  http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/03/the-irrationality-of-alcoholics-anonymous/386255/

April 8, 2015

Quote    Reply   

kar92

#16 [url]

Apr 8 15 1:13 PM

mixx wrote:
ok, I will assume that's a "no" then, lol. Well thanks anyways, and I repeat if anyone knows any active non facebook forums anywhere to talk about MMT, Im dying to join! lol. So please if anyone has any info let me know! I am already dealing with the whole "cant have accounts not in your real name" thing happening on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/help/159096464162185/?ref=cr ) because my work is online, so I hope I can meet you guys somewhere on the net if you know any great places to talk about this stuff, which is of course why Im here!
Thank you!

Hi,

I am the same, would love to know of a NON-FACEBOOK forum if we are LOSING THE ATWATCHDOG forum here.. Kinda breaks my heart we can't post privately here on the Dog anymore, since I have been a member for OVER TWELVE YEARS,   but I can see how people would want to go to the FB site as it's modern and probably bright and easy to use... But I just CANNOT DO IT.. Mixx, if U know of a place where I can migrate to, (if everyone has left here) then please LET ME KNOW TOO! :)
I can be reached here through this website, and by personal message here *I hope they are still functioning*  

TTYSoon I hope, if U come back here and read this.

Karan

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#17 [url]

Apr 11 15 6:37 AM

I too think it's sad that the forums are being lost. The FB groups are all really busy, and for people that don't want to 'out' themselves, they just create a secondary account. I do like the forum format though, and think it's sad that they're so quite these days.

Way has been ill for a while, and I just don't have the time or energy to put into promoting this place the way it needs. :(

Quote    Reply   

bkeithphelps74

#18 [url]

Apr 23 15 2:29 PM

Hi Everyone, this is not on-topic for this post, but I find myself too weak to even try to find the right topic to put it under. On top of what I'm about to go over with you, I've had Radial Nerve Palsy in my left hand/arm for 2.5 months, so forgive any misspellings - typing is hell. I'm sure many of you remember me. I used to post regularly on here, & if I do say so myself, I have a darn good bit of MMT knowledge from both experience, pharmacy work, & my father once being part-owner of a medical clinic. Now onto my point. But I felt this is important that all of you know - as many as possible cuz I remember this coming up a while back & not once did this suggestion come up along side it that I remember, though people on here did mention it on various occasions. Since Dec 10, 2003, I've been on MMT. I take 160mg/day. I've felt lethargic, fatigued (& not b/c of the high dose - even down at 50mg/day I felt this way, & when I totally detoxed for 60 days in 2011, it was even worse.) FINALLY, I wrote Dr. Burson a letter & explained my situation - that I'm constantly weak, getting worse, & I wondered if possibly methadone could be causing it. Don't get pissed at me - I love what it's done FOR me to save my life, but I'm tired of feeling like I'm about to die. Just taking a shower or brushing my teeth feel like monumental challenges. I explained it as best I could, I I knew this was a possible problem for long-term opioid users including MMT, but it NEVER occurred to me that it could be what was going on with me. Dr. Burson's first word in her email was "testosterone", then she told me to get checked. She reminded me that it could also be thyroid or a number of other problems. But I went that weekend on Saturday (my doc's also an urgent care), so I had blood drawn, only half believing it would reveal anything. If you've felt these symptoms, I HIGHLY recommend you get this test. It only took 1 vial of blood & 2 days to get it back. Long story short - there are two tests done. For the first, the normal range is 250-1100ng/dL. mine was 159! The 2nd test, the range is 35-155pg/mL. Mine was 14.9! I suggest if you think you relate to my story & need help to feel "alive" again, GO GET A TESTOSTERONE TEST!! I don't know how this applies to women or if it does in the case of MMT (I know women do have testosterone), BUT GET CHECKED IF YOU RELATE. I start treatment on MAY 20TH, 7 all I do know so far is that when my grandfather had to take supplements for his, he said he felt like a "new man". I will follow up with how this goes, but this is why I've been so blah that I haven't participated in the Dawg in years now. It's progressed beyond what I can stand! I moved to DC last summer to get my treatment free & Medicaid cuz in NC, neither is available. Now I don't pay a penny for any of my meds, including MMT, & what a burden that was lifted from my back, let me tell you! I wish you all well, & will follow up, as promised after May 20th. - BKeithPhelps

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#19 [url]

Apr 24 15 4:37 AM

Hi Bkeithphelps, I'm sorry that you're having testosterone issues. It's a well known issue for men and for some women, that methadone can inhibit the production of testosterone ( and some other hormones in women). I'm glad you're getting treated for it and hope that you start feeling better!! Good to see you back :)

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help