Remove this ad

resmith309

Lead

Nov 2 14 10:44 AM

Tags : :

My friend who is 71 has been on 10mg oxycodone 2 times daily for a year for throut pain, from her primary MD. Turned out to be cancer and she just had surgery and has to use a feeding tube now. She told her MD she was having to take !0mg oxy 3 times a day since surgery, he called her a drug addict and gave her one last script for 30 pills and sent her to a pain clinic. The Dr. gave her 4/1 suboxone to take 4 times daily. She thought it was for pain and with no information from the Sub Dr. took one while still taking the oxy. Of course she went into precipitated withdraw for over a day, I didn’t know what to do but take care of her. This Sub Dr is negligent as I see it for not telling her to wait 3 or 4 days after she runs out of the oxy. Can I report him, I want to confront him because she has no reason to even be on Subs as she is CPP not a drug addict.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#1 [url]

Nov 3 14 10:39 AM

I answered this in the other forum. Did the Dr know she still had Oxy left and was planning on taking it? Most people, if a Dr prescribes a new med, they take the new med, not keep taking the old one as well?

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help