Remove this ad

xjunkie4jesus

Lead

Jul 21 14 10:22 AM

Tags : :

I have lost my disability transport program to appointments due to the city thinking I had "plenty of time while you (I) were detoxing from Methadone to work on riding the bus". I think of a VERY hurtful situation with a close (my closest) family member and have a hard time not thinking that a little 30mg Oxycodone couldn't hurt. I haven't told my fiance about this as he WILL fly off the handle if I do. I also take my Suboxone faithfully but know that 12 hours after taking it, the Naloxone will be useless. I pray hard about this and I'm DEEPLY disturbed as I haven't had this issue in 3 years.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#1 [url]

Jul 23 14 7:04 AM

I'm sorry that you're having problems with the transport. What would be a better thing to do, would be to see if you can appeal the decision, or find out how you can get the transport back, by presenting evidence by your psychiatrist that you still cannot use public transport.

It is not the Naloxone in Suboxone that stops you 'feeling' the opiates anyway, it's the antagonist pat of the buprenorphine itself. The Naloxone has a very low oral bioavalability, and is in reality little better than a marketing gimmick. So as long as you have the buprenorphine in you, and are taking it every day, it should block the effects of opiates.

I know that in the short term using might seem like an attractive solution, but in the long term it's going to be a very bad move for you. If you did develop a problem again, you can't get back onto MMT because of Maincare, so you'd be doubly screwed.

How is the Sub holding you day to day? If your dose is under 16mg, it might be worth seeing about an increase. Too much over 16mg and the agonist effects get outweighed by the antagonist parts, but it does differ for everyone, and if you're feeling bad it can't hurt to try an increase.

I know you tyalked about gettin goff the Klonopin, so is your anxiety a little better? Would it be at all feasible to even consider public transport? Maybe trying it at a time when it's going to be at it's least busy?

Quote    Reply   

xjunkie4jesus

#2 [url]

Jul 24 14 12:36 AM

At 12mg scared 2 go to 16-coming off in time

@Sapphire: Where MaineCare only approved me for an additional year beyond what I HAD used before, I don't dare to go up to 16...IF they decide to cut me off onto a 3-month taper, would that be enough time 2 taper off 16mg?? (Comfortably?)

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help