Remove this ad

xjunkie4jesus

Lead

Jun 21 14 1:05 AM

Tags : :

image When I place the Suboxone film under my tongue, it's like it's still gummy/sticky for like TEN MINUTES!! How do I know when I can eat/drink my coffee ? I know @Sapphire said 20-30 mins, but is that 20-30 mins AFTER you can no longer feel the stickyness or what? I don't want to be lacking the full benefit!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

ItsMaronne

#2 [url]

Jun 30 14 8:33 AM

Hey xJunkie4Jesus - I believe I transferred from methadone to suboxone just before you did (or very close to the same time). Anyway - I've been on sub since April 9th - and it worked very well immediately. After all I've read online from other addicts who've gotten clean using the suboxone program (basically, that LESS is MORE and that the docs seem to want to treat their patients with much higher doses than are necessary or even beneficial) I made sure NOT to take any more than the initial 4 mg dose first thing in the a.m. that I started off with. They prescribed me more, but I felt REALLY HIGH for the first week on just the 4 mg one time per day.

Anyway - as the days and weeks went on - and I told them that I just needed 4 mgs per day - NO MORE - my doc asked if I was remembering to not eat or drink 15 min before and 15 min after dissolving the sub . . . and allowing it 15 min to dissolve under my tongue before either swallowing or spitting out. I said YES - I understand and follow those directions . . . and I DO SWALLOW (which I would think would be best??) She said that she's questioning me because "my levels are very low" and I thought, "Oh great, here we go . . . now this place is going to start accusing me of foul play" However - I'm DELIGHTED and relieved to report that is NOT the case and that my doc just "wants to make sure I'm getting all the benefits of the medication." She suggested I wet my mouth with several drops of room temp water - just enough to really get my mouth wet - but not so much that I have to swallow it. THEN she says to put my suboxone under my tongue (or close to it . . . she said that if it wonders from under the tongue that's o.k. but that we want the film to completely dissolve in my salive - or my now altered with a few extra drops of water saliva.)

We had talked about my having a severely DRY MOUTH and she thinks that is why I might have low level readings in my urine. So - I've been adding the few drops of water to my mouth each morning - then I notice the film really dissolves much more quickly and easily. I still don't swallow for 15 minutes, and wait 15 or more minutes after that before drinking or eating . . . and I think things are going even better. I have my appt. today (Yay! I only have to go 1 time every other week now!!!!!!) and I'll let you know what they think.

Sorry so long . . . but maybe add a few drops of room temp water to your mouth before placing the film in.????? That will make it dissolve more thoroughly and quicker and you won't be left with gummy stuff.

Quote    Reply   

xjunkie4jesus

#3 [url]

Jul 6 14 1:01 AM

It seems to be working

I've started waiting 25 mins after it's dissolved (that's as long as I can stand it) and it seems to be working better than it was. Thanks for all the help! I STILL say it's about time for Reckitt to come out with a formulation that does NOT require holding a nasty taste in your mouth so long!! The one that supposedly has a higher oral bioavailability and tastes like mint might be more tolerable, but is it available in the US -AND- Will Medicaid Systems cover it??

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#4 [url]

Jul 12 14 6:12 AM

Maronne - agree that as bupe is part antagonist that the higher in dose you go, the more of the antagonist effect you get, therefore it ultimately being less effective. Glad it's working well for you both though!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help