Remove this ad

xjunkie4jesus

Lead

Jun 6 14 1:18 AM

Tags : :

Hello all,
My Suboxone strips (an 8mg + a 4mg strip) dissolve fine but HOW LONG do I have to hold the saliva/dissolved residue in my mouth before I can swallow?? How soon can I drink something to get the taste out??
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#1 [url]

Jun 6 14 3:53 AM

There is not really a time limit, you just need to wait until the strip/tab has dissolved. Also if you need to take more then 1 strip, you should let them dissolve separately.

When they make people here do observed Sub dosing, they make them wait 5 mins, but I would think that as long as the strip has dissolved you'll be fine.

As far as the eating and drinking goes, most places recommend waiting about 30 mins to make sure that you get the optimal effects of the Suboxone.

If you want to get rid of the taste, maybe sucking a boiled sweet or mint would be better than drinking right after taking it? IDK?!

Quote    Reply   

xjunkie4jesus

#2 [url]

Jun 6 14 5:02 AM

The doc says both strips

The doc AND the packaging say to put both strips under my tongue on opposite sides at the same time. I TRY to hold out 10-15 mins after they dissolve to drink anything but it's usually 10! I feel ok so I guess I'll keep at it?

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#3 [url]

Jun 7 14 4:57 AM

The main thing is that they not touch. So if you can put them both in your mouth without them touching that's fine, but some people cannot so it's best that they tale them separately.

If you feel fine after having a drink 10-15 mins after dosing, then that's the main thing! Most places say it should be about 30 mins, but I'm pretty sure that as long as the strips have completely dissolved that it would be OK.

Did you carry on split dosing, or are you taking it all at once now?

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help