Remove this ad

kar92

Lead

May 10 14 6:51 AM

Tags : :

As I've posted before I would much prefer to be on Methadone, but can't get to the clinic daily for the time it would require for me to get takehomes.

So I have been on Sub with pretty good results for 4 years now.

For me, the main side effects are some anxiety (which might just be me, not the Sub) and a hard time getting to sleep, sometimes a hard time relaxing at all.  If I go too far down on the dose, I'm withdrawaley and if I increase it, the side effects are more apparent.

Just posting this in case anyone else wants to discuss it, or if anyone has a solution or the same effects.

It has prevented a LOT of pain though!  and now I have some physical issues which I let go due to not feeling so much pain that I have to get taken care of.

(Oh BTW, in case anyone is inclined to post to me that "more is less" , my dose is less than 3 mg per day)
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#1 [url]

May 14 14 5:50 AM

Are you on Suboxone, or Subutex? It has been found that Suboxone causes more anxiety in people than Subutex, probably the Naloxone in it.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#2 [url]

May 18 14 11:28 AM

What is it that makes anxiousness with Naloxone being in it? Does that drug cause anxiety on it's on?

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#3 [url]

May 19 14 3:36 AM

Yes it is the Naloxone. People that take it to try to prevent relapse when they are abstinent also report that it increases anxiety, as does Naltrexone apparently. It's got something to do with the fact that it stops a lot of production of the feel good endorphins.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#4 [url]

May 21 14 10:40 AM

wow wtf?

why would someone agree to take that??  thats one of the reason we get satisfaction from opiates I think...the "feel good" factor.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

kar92

#5 [url]

May 21 14 10:56 AM

I'm on Subutex. Always have been, told the doctor that the Suboxone caused a lot of acid in my stomach so he was kind enough to prescribe Subutex, also of course I knew the generic was way cheaper and I could afford Subutex, but Suboxone is still only name brand I think,and I did not have the great insurance to cover it like a lot of others

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#6 [url]

May 23 14 3:40 AM

@Way - I just do not know why people agree to take Vivitrol or to have the implants. I think they're so desperate not to relapse, and they know deep down that they will. A lot of people end up getting different addictions, like meth or crack or benzo's, as they cannot get a high from opiates.

Subutex and Suboxone are brand names, the generic is buprenorphine. I thought that Suboxone was supposed to be more harsh on the liver because of the Naloxone, so it wasn't suitable for people with liver conditions?

Quote    Reply   

cherbear

#7 [url]

Jan 16 15 2:45 PM

I always recommend regular exercise foe sleep and anxiety disorders.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#8 [url]

Jan 17 15 5:52 AM

@Cher - regular exercise is excellent for anxiety and insomnia. It has helped me loads, I was really sceptical when it was suggested, as I didn't see how it could help those things, but it really does!

Quote    Reply   

Junatan

#9 [url]

Jan 29 15 7:47 PM

sapphire76 wrote:
@Cher - regular exercise is excellent for anxiety and insomnia. It has helped me loads, I was really sceptical when it was suggested, as I didn't see how it could help those things, but it really does!

agree, and  eat profer foods too.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#10 [url]

Mar 2 15 6:48 AM

That's a really good point Junatan. It's like a car, if you put crap in etc etc. The more natural food you eat, and the less processed stuff, the better your body will run.

Quote    Reply   

kar92

#11 [url]

Apr 8 15 1:35 PM

regarding the Sub question.

Oh , wow I see someone has posted THIS YEAR, great!!!! :)

I am on the Buprenorphine, the generic, but I just say "Subutex" to people so they will know that it's not the stuff with the Nalaxone in it, not the orange pill... Mine is the round white Roxanne and easy to break, easy to store and carry if I leave the house.

I'm still plagued with insomnia and admit I refuse to take the Valiums I'm prescribed becuase I do not want the memory loss that goes with that.. however I have gotten some rest from taking clonidine at the end of the day.

I sure do hope that there are a FEW people left who want to stay on this Forum cause I can't go to Facebook.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#12 [url]

Apr 13 15 4:46 AM

Kar - I think you're very wise not to take the Valium, as they're horribly addictive, and surprisingly easy to end up with problems with. What else have you tried as far as sleep aids go?

Quote    Reply   

thelung

#13 [url]

Jan 13 16 2:45 PM

kar92 wrote:

Have you tried melatonin for your insomnia?  Sounds like you don't really want to be taking a prescription sleep aid...

thelung

Quote    Reply   

Doris124

#14 [url]

Nov 23 16 9:03 PM

Taking sleep medication will only provide you short term sleep. Sleep problems and anxiety issues associated with it might be due to other serious medical problem. So, it's important to get a proper diagnosis from a physician or a psychologist who has expertise in sleep and other anxiety disorders. I recently got to read in an article that CBT-I is an effective treatment for insomnia. Just check it out to know more about the treatment(http://www.cbtassociates.com/blog/insomnia/can-cbt-relieve-symptoms-insomnia/ ). An accurate diagnosis is the first step towards effective treatment.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help