Tags : : pregnancy, nas, mat, mmt, methadone, suboxone, subutex, opiate addiction, detox, hyperalgesia, overdose, constipation, advocacy, stigma, addiction, marijuana, jail, heroin, withdrawals, exercise, tapering, neo-natal abstinence syndrome, abstinence, accreditation, acute withdrawals, addiction is a brain disease, advocate, affordable care act, alcoholic anonymous, anxiety disorders, at watchdog, benzodiazepines, best practices, buprenorphine, carf, childbirth, child protective services, chills, client vs patient, conferences, conferences and meetings, confidentiality, continuing education, counseling, cows, cravings, dependence, dependent, detoxification, diagnosis, disaster, disabilities, discrimination, disorders, diversion, driving, drug abuse, drug addiction, drug control, drug courts, drug education, drug interactions, drug policy, drug policy reform, drug screens, drug test, drug testing, dui, dwi, dual disorders, ecg screening, eds, ekg screening, electronic health records, emergency room, employment, endorphin deficiency, family, fda, fever, genetics, government, grievance, hat, health information technology, health insurance, hepatitis a and b, hepatitis c, hep-c, heroin treatment, heroin replacement treatment, hippa, hivaids, hydrocodone, hypogonadism, illicit drugs, induction, injecting drug users, interim treatment, legislation, mainecare, medicaid, medication assisted treatment, mmtmat, men and addiction, mental health, mental health medications, mental illness, methadone advocate, methadone maintenance clinics, methadone dosing, methadone maintenance forums, methadone mortality, methadone maintenance treatment, mood disorders, naloxone, naltrexone, nama, narcotic anonymous, nida, nimby, nodding, nods, obot, ocd, observed ua, office-based opiate treatment, opana, opiate dependence, opiate dependent, opiate naïve, opiates, opioid, opioids, opioid receptors, opioid treatment programs, opioid withdrawals, otp patient, patient safety, otp patients, oxycontin, oxycodone, oxymorphone, pain, pain clinics, pain management, pain pills, pain pill addiction, parity, patient advocacy, patient confidentiality, peak and trough, peers, physical activity, pill mills, potentiate, prescription opioids, precipitated withdrawals, probuphine, ptsd, public heath, qtc, qt intervals, recovery, relapse, relapse prevention, research, resources, restless leg syndrome, retention, risk management, romm, samhsa, serum blood level, stabilization, sota, sows, substance abuse treatment, sweats, take-home doses, therapy, tolerance, tolerant, tricare, urinalysis, veterans, vicadin, vivitrol, watchdog, webinar, withdrawal, women, women and addicttion, 12 step program, federal exceptions federal regul, methadone maintenance federal re, methadone maintenance treatment , prescription drug monitoring pro, state regulations state methadon
Forum and Chatroom Rules of Engagement
ACCEPTANCE and Posting into and for the Privileged Member Forum and Chatroom means that you accept the Forum and Chatroom Rules. The rules are not meant to be exhaustive and we reserve the right to edit posts and/or, take other action in accordance with the purpose and principles of the Forum and Chatrooms.
In your use of the Forum and/or Chatroom services, you are confirming that you accept and understand the following Rules of Engagement:
• All posts (i.e. comments) reflect the views of the author of that post. A.T. Watchdog will not be held responsible for the content of any member messages or information posted.
• Please show consideration and respect for other users and for their opinions.
• Be sensitive to how your messages may be viewed and perceived by others.
• Try to use clear English with standard punctuation, capitalization and paragraphs in your posts.
• Do not post in ALL CAPS or in large fonts for an entire post it can be used in places indicative of or in meaning to make a point or important information.
• Before offering advice, make sure your information is as accurate as you can be in honesty. Remember, another user’s suggestion is not a substitute for a professional’s opinion. Also, what works for you may not work for everyone.
• A.T. Watchdog Admin and Mods will try to always maintain a therapeutic nature of the Forum.
• In accordance with policy and procedure, Admin/Mods will delete or edit posts (this is known as “moderation”) that are deemed to be against the purpose of Forum or Chatroom services.
• Please DO NOT upload images, video clips/films, or links to these, or post comments or messages which:
- are obscene, insulting or considered malicious to others;
- are disrespectful of other people's views;
- do not reflect the purpose or theme of the specific Forum or Chatroom;
- lobby against MMT/MAT or promote political lobbying against the MMT/MAT Community or any other agencies
- disclose the identity or contact details of any other person without their explicit and prior consent;
- seek to engage with other service users for the purpose of recruitment for research, marketing, media coverage, usership organizations or political activism.
- Any user who posts anything that may cause technical problems for A.T. Watchdog or other users will face an immediate and permanent ban from the Forum or Chatrooms.
Managing Your Distress
We realize that many Forum and Chatroom users will become distressed from time to time and may wish to discuss their feelings using these online services. However, please be aware that it may not be helpful for you, and it may be distressing for others, to disclose issues that are very personal to you or which involve ideas about self-harm or suicide given the group nature of Chatrooms and the public nature of the Forum. If you need to talk about these feelings, please contact the proper medical authorities.
Zero Tolerance Policy
A.T. Watchdog operates a zero tolerance policy with regards to the abuse of other service users or staff. This is known as “cyberbullying” where it occurs online. Personal or targeted insults, threats, obscene comments and aggressive outbursts directed at other members/users or at staff will not be tolerated. Users who persist in engaging in this way may be banned. Please report any abusive posts or incidences of cyberbullying to Admin/Mods
You must register on this site with an e-mail address that is valid. New users will not be able to post on the Forum or Chatrooms until they click the activation link sent to their registered e-mail address, and the account has been approved. Registered Forum and Chatroom users are responsible for keeping A.T. Watchdog up-to-date about their current e-mail address.
Only one account per person is allowed. Registering more than one account will result in all of the user’s accounts being suspended, and the user may be permanently banned from using the Forum and/or Chatroom services.
A.T. Watchdog does not sell, rent or trade user information and will always strive to maintain a high level of security to ensure users’ data are kept private and confidential.
Account Removal and Banned Accounts
If a user wishes to leave the Forum and Chatrooms, we will deactivate the account. Any messages and recovery diaries that you have posted on the Forum will remain visible to other Forum users and will only be considered for removal at your request or if they are in breach of our Rules of Engagement. Chatroom posts are not available for other users to view once sessions end.
Service users who continually breach A.T. Watchdog's Rules of Engagement, and who do not respond to attempts to guide or moderate posts, may be banned temporarily or permanently depending on the nature of the breach. We will retain information on banned users so that we can attempt to stop them from registering again and we may use their information should the need for further (for example, legal) action arise.
If you wish to remove a post or recovery diary from the Forum, please contact Admin/Mods... Please however be aware that the removal of posts may mean other posts that have been made in response to your comments may not “flow” or make sense. For this reason, A.T. Watchdog reserves the right to contact you to discuss other alternatives to the removal of your post or recovery diary, such as moderating (i.e. editing) aspects of it.
Any questions regarding the Forum or Chatrooms should be sent to Admin/Mods.
We hope you can contribute positively to our online Forum and Chatrooms, and as frequently as you can, to help us to make this a thriving and rewarding community that encourages recovery from the effects of Opiate Dependency.