Remove this ad

the elephantman

#61 [url]

Jul 29 13 7:19 AM

@sapphire: When i was on suboxone i would notice the jittery anxious feelin , however, when i switched to subutex i felt much better. Im actually glad to be off bupe period now as i always felt unhealthy on it. Methadone works much better for me

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

savalast

#62 [url]

Jul 29 13 11:18 AM

Sapphire, I'm thinking of tapering 2 mgs a week. I'm on 170. Do you mind telling me what your husbands dose was when he taperd down to 1 mg?
Savalast

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#63 [url]

Jul 29 13 3:37 PM

@Ninny - on the MSO boards they do online Methadone Anonymous meetings, I don't know if that would be of any interest to you?
Scroll down the link and you'll find a thread called MA Meetings;
[url]

-sapphire76

Does this happen?  Are there actual meetings happening...  I had tried the chat and waiting for the meetings to start a year or so back but no luck are they having meetings now?

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#64 [url]

Jul 30 13 5:42 AM

Does this happen?  Are there actual meetings happening...  I had tried the chat and waiting for the meetings to start a year or so back but no luck are they having meetings now?

-wayovermyhead

Actually I'm not sure. I think they do sometimes happen, depending on how many people are interested.

I haven't looked too much into that side of the site, as you know, I am not an XA lover at all!!

I shall find out though, and report back!

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#65 [url]

Jul 30 13 5:46 AM

Sapphire, I'm thinking of tapering 2 mgs a week. I'm on 170. Do you mind telling me what your husbands dose was when he taperd down to 1 mg?
Savalast

-savalast

I think he started on 120, either that or 100. He did 2mg a week until he got to 80mg, and then did 1mg a week, and then did it really slow when he got to 50mg. Sometimes going as slow as 1mg a month. But it worked for him, and that's the main thing.

Your body will tell you pretty quickly if you're going too quickly.

I am tapering too, started at 220mg, and am now at 55.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#66 [url]

Jul 30 13 5:50 AM

@sapphire: When i was on suboxone i would notice the jittery anxious feelin , however, when i switched to subutex i felt much better. Im actually glad to be off bupe period now as i always felt unhealthy on it. Methadone works much better for me

-the_elephantman

I don't think that clinicians explain to patients properly that Suboxone, and to a slightly lesser extent Subutex, can have some very strange side effects.

They seem to tout it as some kind of miracle drug, but it really messes with some peoples' minds and bodies.

Quote    Reply   

ninny111

#68 [url]

Aug 2 13 5:14 AM

Hey everyone!!!  So I read all of your recent posts and I have to say... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!  All of your comments, from everyone are super great and they are really helpful.  Thank you guys for being so open and understanding.  At first I felt kind of weird about telling you guys my intentions of tapering down and eventually dosing out....because I know that this site and those who use this site are Pro-MMT/MAT ...well I just didn't want you all to think badly of me or anything like that.  I am definitely pro-MMT/MAT because without methadone I would not be where I am today. 
Thanks for all of the advice!! Today my dose was 73mg or 72mg.  I have been trying this thing where I don't look at the label before I take it that way I don't put too much emphasis on the actual mg.  I am hoping that will help with the psychological side of tapering.  Guess we will see if it works or not.  So far so good though.  I have noticed my morning sweats have started to come a little earlier...I guess that is to be expected.  Through out the day though I am fine.  I do break out in sweats throughout the day, nothing a cold rag won't fix.  I also started doing stretches.  Someone told me that it helps to stay limbered up and to keep active as much as possible.  (The person that told me that is someone that just dosed out last week. They left at 2mg and so far they are doing well.)  I used to do yoga and meditation before my relapse.  Now I only wish that I could do a pose.  I will get limber again one day and start doing yoga and meditation again.  I started walking 3 days ago.  Not too far but it is a start.  You know what they say...without that fist step a journey never begins...so, I took that first step, finally. 
Well everyone I just wanted to check in and read up on your advice.  I really do appreciate everyone's help!!  I am glad there is a place I can come to, for advice and solutions, where I won't be judged.  I wish you all a successful journey. Have a great day!!!

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#69 [url]

Aug 2 13 6:03 AM

Hi Ninny, glad that you're doing good. Keeping active has really helped me during my taper. I exercise 4 or 5 times a week, and find that it really helps.

Quote    Reply   

15plusyrsonmmt

#70 [url]

Aug 3 13 12:11 AM

Congrats ninny! So glad you are doing well! As for worrying about this site and whether or not everyone would judge you - let me tell you something.

I used to be a very active member on atwatchdog (when Terri M. was the admin/moderator) years ago and it was wayyyy different. There seemed to be lots of very judgmental people, to the point that some could be so hateful. I remember feeling as if I had to be ready for replies to my comments bc it seemed as if someone was always going to be offended, regardless of the topic. Sapphire may remember this. But please don't get me wrong, the dawg was still a great place to go back then. However, since I've been back (since it was refounded by Zenith)...there is very little of that, or almost none. Of course there are still disagreements and that is ok bc everyone sees things differently, but the difference I see now is that people tend to be thoughtful and respectful even when they don't agree. Regardless of whether or not we are gray I feel that everyone here really does have everyone's best interest in their heart. So the bottom line is I don't ever be afraid to ask or talk about something because I think that everyone here really does care.

(Also the moderators do a very good job of culling the nuts and keeping everyone in line! lol) I'm so glad you shared your story and that your taper is doing well!

All My Best~ "Raffiniert ist der Herrgott, aber boshaft ist er nicht." - Einstein ("Subtle is the Lord, malicious He is not.")

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ninny111

#71 [url]

Aug 3 13 4:09 AM

Hi Ninny, glad that you're doing good. Keeping active has really helped me during my taper. I exercise 4 or 5 times a week, and find that it really helps.

-sapphire76

So there definitely is some truth to that then....that is good to know!!  Looks like I am gonna bump my routine up to about 4-5 times a week too.  Thanks!!

Quote    Reply   

ninny111

#72 [url]

Aug 3 13 4:21 AM

I have another question for you guys...I used to drink this detox water, (back when I was healthy and doing my yoga and before my relapse), I was wondering if I should wait until I have fully tapered down and detoxed before I take anything like that or if it is ok to take while I am still on methadone.  All it is really is vinegar, distilled water, cayenne pepper, cucumbers, honey and lemons.  So it is really all natural with all safe ingredients.  No medicine!
I also use this other detox item that goes on your feet...but I can't remember the name.  They are store bought.  I think it begins with the letter K that is all I can remember. I was wondering if those are safe to use too.
Should I have put a question like this on the main forum??

Quote    Reply   

ninny111

#73 [url]

Aug 3 13 4:36 AM

@Eman - boards like the Dawg that have a community of regular posters that know each other well are a great substitute for meetings.
Plus you can talk about anything you like without some asswipe that keeps butting in and interrupting you!!
@Ninny - on the MSO boards they do online Methadone Anonymous meetings, I don't know if that would be of any interest to you?
Scroll down the link and you'll find a thread called MA Meetings;
[url]

-sapphire76

I checked it out yesterday and signed up with them too... I am going to take all of the help that I can get...THANKS A BUNCH SAPPHIRE!!

Quote    Reply   

ninny111

#74 [url]

Aug 3 13 4:47 AM

@ninny: You ask if anyone has suggestions.... This forum can be a great replacement for those "meetings" your referring to. All the support you could ever ask for is right here at the DAWG.
And as for you being told its easier to come off suboxone/subutex, absolutely NOT.... IMO, its just as bad. The withdrawal from buprenorphine is no fun at all. Maybe if you do a short taper with bupe it would be a bit easier. In fact, i have heard of this method being used when getting off methadone.
Goodluck on your journey!!

-the_elephantman

Thank you for the advice elephantman!! So basically withdrawal...is withdrawal...is withdrawal, I get it. It is just something I am going have to go through.  I remember when I was 16 going through them for the first time in inpatient rehab.  It took 2 weeks before I even felt like getting up, actually I didn't feel like getting up then.  When I chose to relapse I told myself that I was going to have to go through that all over again....and I went ahead and done it anyways.  Now I am like what in the heck was I thinking??  I could kick my own butt.  Anyway just wanted to say thanks.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#75 [url]

Aug 3 13 6:15 AM

I checked it out yesterday and signed up with them too... I am going to take all of the help that I can get...THANKS A BUNCH SAPPHIRE!!

-ninny111

I did email Carol (the lady that runs the site) to check if the MA meetings are still up and running, and if they are how one would go about accessing it.

As soon as she gets back to me with any info I'll let you know!

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#76 [url]

Aug 3 13 6:17 AM

I have another question for you guys...I used to drink this detox water, (back when I was healthy and doing my yoga and before my relapse), I was wondering if I should wait until I have fully tapered down and detoxed before I take anything like that or if it is ok to take while I am still on methadone.  All it is really is vinegar, distilled water, cayenne pepper, cucumbers, honey and lemons.  So it is really all natural with all safe ingredients.  No medicine!
I also use this other detox item that goes on your feet...but I can't remember the name.  They are store bought.  I think it begins with the letter K that is all I can remember. I was wondering if those are safe to use too.
Should I have put a question like this on the main forum??

-ninny111

Those drinks, particularly the ones that have vinegar in can cause your body to expel metabolites of medications more quickly than they would naturally.

Therefore the metabolites of methadone, in theory could be expelled too quickly from your body.

Personally I would wait until you are opiate free completely until starting things like that.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#77 [url]

Aug 3 13 6:23 AM

So there definitely is some truth to that then....that is good to know!!  Looks like I am gonna bump my routine up to about 4-5 times a week too.  Thanks!!

-ninny111

It really does help. It's also helped with things like my anxiety and depression. Plus losing weight makes you feel so much more self confident.

I had really lost all self confidence in the way I looked, but now I'm starting to feel a lot better about it!

Quote    Reply   

ninny111

#78 [url]

Aug 4 13 12:01 PM

It really does help. It's also helped with things like my anxiety and depression. Plus losing weight makes you feel so much more self confident.
I had really lost all self confidence in the way I looked, but now I'm starting to feel a lot better about it!

-sapphire76

I know what you are saying when it comes to losing your self confidence.  I never thought I would be one to have to worry about my weight because I was always just naturally kind of on the thin side, my whole family is really.  Now I find myself avoiding mirrors, scales and people with cameras or camera phones...not to easy when one of my sisters is a photographer.  I have really been avoiding friends and family to because I don't want to hear their comments about my recent weight gain.  I just really hate the way I look right now.  I am not a vane person at all but I really just want my weight and body slimmed down...like really down.  I really do think it has made me be a little socially anxious.  That is what I want...I want my self confidence back!!

I am happy to hear that you are gaining your self confidence back!!  How long have you been working on losing your weight??  Personally I have gained somewhere close to the 90lb ballpark.  I got up to 209lb and I am 5'7" tall.  I weighed in between 115 and 125ish and I had a small to medium frame.  In my early 20's I was doing a lot of methamphetamine (I started out using it to help me study for finals) and then I weighed 97lbs.  Sad but true.  Glad I am not doing that stuff anymore either!! 

I do feel a little better... even a little lighter each day and that makes me feel good.  I know that if I keep it up, eventually it will show on the outside too.  I wish you all the best with your weight loss too.  I know what it means.   Stay strong. Have a great day!!

Quote    Reply   

ninny111

#79 [url]

Aug 4 13 12:07 PM

Those drinks, particularly the ones that have vinegar in can cause your body to expel metabolites of medications more quickly than they would naturally.
Therefore the metabolites of methadone, in theory could be expelled too quickly from your body.
Personally I would wait until you are opiate free completely until starting things like that.

-sapphire76

That is what I was thinking...I need to keep that methadone in my body and that could make me metabolize it all up or burn it all up on a cellular level...I don't want that to happen before I taper down.  I will hold off on those detox drinks and other items until I get to that point of my goal.  Thanks!!

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#80 [url]

Aug 5 13 4:36 AM

That is what I was thinking...I need to keep that methadone in my body and that could make me metabolize it all up or burn it all up on a cellular level...I don't want that to happen before I taper down.  I will hold off on those detox drinks and other items until I get to that point of my goal.  Thanks!!

-ninny111

I definitely would do that! I  know that people that have wanted to expel metabolites of drugs or un-prescribed meds have used detox drinks with vinegar to expunge the metabolites from their body, so I'd imagine it would also expel the methadone metabolites too quickly, which is obviously not what you want!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help