Remove this ad

LeforaGuest

#81 [url]

Jun 12 13 8:08 PM

"Is that a State Law, Federal Law or just a company policy..."

-tracyland

This reminds me of a trick I use whenever  dealing with any public officials.  For instance, if you have to call you should always start out with, "And with whom am I speaking?"  And when they give you their name, pause (whether you write it down or not it gives the impression that you are making a log of things).  You'll be surprised how they get things done correctly and quickly when they think someone is making a record of it.  That's the key to making any large organization work, is for the folks working there to believe that they shall have to account for their actions (or lack thereof)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#82 [url]

Jun 13 13 6:24 AM

Yes it always help to have things and thoughts in order.  The trick about the silence so they think you are logging their name and conversation is a GREAT ONE...I sometimes will even say let me get a pen and some paper so I might write this down....or hang on let me get my notebook where I keep these things in order...etc...

Logging things down does so much more than just memorize things....Intellect over emotion is the best way to handle opposition.  I am less likely to get frustrated and overly emotional if I have things in Order and proof something happened the way it did etc...pulling out a reference guide such as a notebook the emotions get stripped away, because it is like "here, O should have it written down right here...let's have a look"  etc...

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

kjacobs84

#83 [url]

Jun 13 13 7:20 AM

That is a great piece of advice that I will indeed be utilzing. I too feel the want to revert to "bad girl" behavior over this whole incident because I am being so badly punished and all along, I've been a compliant patient. It's like, well hell I've already been handed the worst punishment, why shouldnt I smoke a lil weed on my upcoming vacation...what more can they take away. Truthfully, I've been debating it and have entirely convinced myself yet that its a bad idea.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#84 [url]

Jun 13 13 10:22 AM

why shouldnt I smoke a lil weed on my upcoming vacation...what more can they take away. Truthfully, I've been debating it and have entirely convinced myself yet that its a bad idea.

-kjacobs84

Be glad that is all you were thinking about doing....I myself would be inclined to go more towards the morphine and heroin if I was going to be a "Bad Girl".

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

kjacobs84

#85 [url]

Jun 13 13 10:52 AM

well, I just might cus just got acall that the director is denying my takehomes for the wedding. I'm so effing angry I'm seeing red!

Quote    Reply   

kjacobs84

#88 [url]

Jun 13 13 11:29 AM

probably not enough time to do anything right? I want to go straight home after work tonight and report this. but I don't know if it will do any good. I might be able to come home Friday night so that's only 2 takehomes needed then. I hope they'll do it..can't imagine what my punishment will be for missing 2 to 4 days

Quote    Reply   

kjacobs84

#89 [url]

Jun 13 13 11:55 AM

Anyone know how late the methadone authority offices are open? I'm assuming 5 whichsucks cus I work til 530 every day. So thats has hindered me a bit since I cant call, always being at work. Plus I don't have a computer to check into any of these things any further. I only have my phone's internet which is hard to do much with. But tonight I must find a friend or family members computer to use and send a request to the Wisconsin methadone authority! This clinic is giving me no options but to fail. I'm fighting hard enough as it is for my sobriety, they're making it impossible though

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#90 [url]

Jun 13 13 12:42 PM

So you miss 2 days of dosing?  if you do it the only way you have the ability to do it?  Right?  Thursday and Friday Dose you miss?  Meaning on Saturday you will only get like 1/2 your dose because of the tolerance issue....and can you get Sunday's dose to take home on Saturday?...God I wish we would have thought this out better you could have saved your Sundays doses (before they stopped letting you pick them up) a few Sundays and had them to take with you.....I am just wanting you not to be surprised when you come in Saturday to half a dose maybe even a third....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#91 [url]

Jun 13 13 12:43 PM

The above is a classic example of having to find a way to SURVIVE the clinics BS....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#92 [url]

Jun 13 13 12:48 PM

I just called That Number for the State Methadone Authority and it went straight to her desk rang four times then a message center.....At this point you need to be able to talk to someone....there has to be a way since the nearest methadone clinic is 140 miles away to get hardships despite the punishment.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

kjacobs84

#93 [url]

Jun 13 13 12:56 PM

yeah I can miss the 2days I suppose. so u think I should try calling that place at the methadone authority instead of submitting something online? I just hope they cant kick me out for missing two days

Quote    Reply   

kjacobs84

#94 [url]

Jun 13 13 1:06 PM

thank u for calling. that was so kind of u and really means a lot to me. and also for your reasoning. I'm so upset I couldn't even focus this whole time at work but when u put it that way, I've been able to calm down and deal w it. what's done is done. I cant do much about it.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#95 [url]

Jun 13 13 1:12 PM

UUURRRGGGHHH...

NAMA...I think NAMA might be the next chance you would have is getting someone like Zac to call your clinic for you and speak up as an advocate.

Let me understand this now.

1.  You lost your takehomes because they called from a private number when they have always called from non private before...(and also you had missed one some time ago too???)

2.  The Director admits the phone system changed but does not feel she needed to tell clients to watch for private calls now...

3.  You had already informed them you needed 4 days guest dose to attend sister's wedding but you lost all rights to the hardship exception request (which btw is different than regular takehomes) keyword being hardship exception request because you missed this callback... 

4.  So as per your punishment you were completely dropped back to level 1.....(any level is eligible for temporary hardships on occasion) but that was not all they also took your eligibility away for hardship exception to attend the wedding stating you would have to Guest dose 140 miles everyday for 4 days.....

A director can refuse you takehomes per my research even the days that the clinic is closed but she is required to set up dosing at another clinic or hospital on the days the clinic is closed.  Well apparently she found that out while you were questioning her decision and she smartened up and gave those back correct? 

Here is your FIGHT/DEFENSE with her and the State Methadone Authority
....The Guest dose clinic is too damn far away....Period point blank....She needs to contact the hospital or something in that area to get you within a 20 mile or so radius or GIVE IT THE FUCK UP AND GIVE YOU THE EMERGENCY TAKEHOMES....

Wonderful I just found the Wisconsin Rules for Methadone Clinics and Patients Handbook....I will upload it here as a attached file....I need to take a few minutes to read your specifics but in the meantime....you need to call and get a message on that Tonya lady's phone at State Methadone Authority...

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

kjacobs84

#96 [url]

Jun 13 13 1:21 PM

ok I will take a look at the links and call her after work. Thank you! the answers to 1 and 2, and 4 is yes that is all completely correct. 3- the day I called to inform about my vacation was the day I found out I had missed a callback so they never completely approved. I guess the Dr ok'd me to get my sunday dose back and thats how that happened. Sorry so short, I'm typing this while I should be working, not that I can concentrate at work anyhow! I will FOR SURE be calling this lady. hopefully the link opens on my phone. thx I'm so grateful!

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#100 [url]

Jun 13 13 2:01 PM

As I spoke of earlier here is the 8 point Criteria the Director uses to take them from you...  Lots of loopholes in their favor....BUT THE ONE THING I BELIEVE YOU HAVE ON YOUR SIDE IS THEIR INABILITY TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A REASONABLE WAY TO DOSE AT ANOTHER CLINIC FOR THOSE 4 DAYS...for that reason you should be allowed these additional takehomes....I think contacting the right patient advocacy department would see it that way too.  It is not like they are offering you guest dosing 25 thirty miles away....(which a clinic or state methadone authority or federal authority would not see traveling 30 miles as a hardship...but in any cases whatsoever any of those three would see 140 miles as a hardship)....THE ONLY PATIENT THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK FOR EMERGENCY TAKEHOMES IS A PATIENT IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS OF TREATMENT.  You being put back to level one does not all of a sudden grant you ineligible for emergency hardship exceptions...Level ones can ask for hardship exceptions if they have to drive more than 50 miles one way as soon as their first 30 days of treatment has been had by them.  You do not lose how many days you have been in treatment when they drip you back in levels...HARDSHIP EXCEPTIONS for travel, emergencies etc... are considered different than regular takehomes.  If a level one person get thru their first 30 days of treatment and they can prove to the clinic they have to drive more than 50 miles (one way 100 both) they can immediately begin getting 3 takehome doses a week and 30/90 days later 4 takehomes a week and 30/90 days later 5 takehomes a week and 30/90 days later 6 takehomes per week.  Some states allow it every thirty days and some states do it every 90 days, but there exist what they call justifications that can be considered for temporary exceptions this is what it States:

Exception Request for Other Reasons

Programs should submit an SMA-168 exception request for approval of any other treatment that differs from the Federal opioid treatment standards set forth under 42 CFR Section 8.12(i)(3). the justifications:  Family Emergency..... Incarceration......
Funeral..... Vacation..... Transportation Hardship...Step/Level Change.... Employment Medical to include but not limited to Long Term Care Facility...... Other Residential Treatment.....and/or Homebound.

Programs must consider, at a minimum,the following criteria in determining patient eligibility for increased take-homemedication:
1. Absence of recent abuse of drugs (opioid or non-narcotic), including alcohol;
2. Regularity of clinic attendance;
3. Absence of serious behavioral problems at the clinic (this must be documented in
the patient record);
4. Absence of known recent criminal activity (such as drug dealing, theft,
multiple/continuous misdemeanors, etc.);
5. Stability of the patient’s home environment and social relationships;
6. Length of time in comprehensive maintenance treatment;
7. Assurance that take-home medication can be safely stored within the patient’s
home; and
8. Whether the rehabilitative benefit to the patient derived from decreasing the
frequency of clinic attendance outweighs the potential risks of diversion

ExtraTake-HomeDoses
Take-homedoses of medication are given in conjunction with the clinic’s
treatment phases. The issuing of extra take-home bottles for special situations is considered by the clinic staff to be a privilege contingent upon a patient's treatment progress. No take-home requests are honored during the first 90 days of treatment
for methadone and during the first 30 days of treatment for Suboxone
(other than those for clinic closure, such as Sundays and holidays). 

After the initial 90or 30 day period,  take-home exceptions may be requested. All take-home requests, other than those allowed by your phase, must be approved by the clinic physician, the State Opioid Treatment Authority and the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment .

Take-home requests should be arranged through your counselor during your counseling appointment. All requests must be submitted to your counselor
at least 2 weeks prior to the date they are needed. Failure to allow appropriate time may result in unavailability of take-home doses

Click here to view the attachment

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help