Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#41 [url]

Jun 6 13 2:51 AM

@Way - I agree, surely if they've suddenly changed to calling from a blocked number as they claim, then many patients will be having problems. Something about what they (the clinic) are doing doesn't ring true.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

kjacobs84

#42 [url]

Jun 6 13 4:52 AM

Unfortunately I wasn't able to write my letter and turn it in yesterday because my grandpa was in the ER again due to his cancer problems. I'm the grand daughter he relies on so it took up my whole nite but I thought I'd be fine handing it in today as the meeting w my counselor and Dr wasn't til this afternoon.

well when I went in this am, they had decided to meet yesterday instead, SURPRISE!! I was told they decided I got my Sunday doses back but still had to start over on phase 1. I was reminded this is my second strike which was such a small deal to me I guess I forget about that whole incident. I spilled my takehome dose once and measured how much was left of my dose and forgot my measuring device iny lock box the next morning where the nurse saw it. Evidently, thats "tampering" with your medication and was my first strike. This missed callback was my second.

So now I'm wondering, does it even pay to submit a grievance for this? Obviously not thru the clinic itself but thru samhsa and nama? Will it even get me anywhere?

She did admit to switching over to a private call system just recently and doesn't feel its their job to have alerted us of that. I think thats such B.S. I don't know how ill make it thru work another day w this on my mind!

Quote    Reply   

kjacobs84

#43 [url]

Jun 6 13 5:09 AM

And for my sisters wedding, they wanted me to guest dose at a clinic 64 miles away! However, they got the wrong city and where I'm going is nowhere even close to a clinic so we will see what happens with that. what a joke!

Quote    Reply   

kjacobs84

#44 [url]

Jun 6 13 7:32 AM

I cant believe they thought an acceptable solution for my sister's wedding which ill be gone 5 days for to have me drive a total of 128 miles each day to guest dose! First off Im not bringing my car and second I wont have the time or gas $ for that!

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#45 [url]

Jun 6 13 8:18 AM

Wow...and see it is things like this that we sometimes need to perform a survival tactic and get something off the street because we can't go without our dose but have no way to guest dose etc....Even brand new patients (I know for sure 30 days because I had something come up a few weeks into my admission and I got three takehomes) can get three exceptions to take out of town....Since you will have no level to lose...I would just "do without" those five days (as far as they are concerned) and start back from the beginning either there or at a new clinic. 

Furthermore, I would tell them that is what I am doing as there is no way you can miss it and remain respected in your family and it will ruin your sister's wedding and see if they might reconsider something.  BTW I have never told anyone on here to do such a thing but WTF is a girl to do with their options...???...You need to call your State Methadone Authority and tell them you are level one but have a wedding inso and so days and what is the takehome exception rule there.  Then go to the Director and tell them you called and you were told you or anyone could get three emergencies even in level one. 

Oh and one more thing...Some clinics take you on your level regarding time free from illicit drug use.  I have a friend in NC that missed a call back and she transferred and immediately got her levels right back.  When she called them they said their policy was thirty days for a missed callback and that is what they would do when she came there if...all her UA's were illicit free and she had the time in treatment she was telling them well by the time she got transferred the thirty days was up so they gave her the two weeks she had been on prior to missing the call back that day.  Yes on her admit day. 

And like eman coming to my clinic...In Florida he was on like level four where he got three takehomes and three hardships but his time in treatment and illicit free UA's in the State of NC would allow him to get two week takehomes and he got that in his admit day.  My clinic does not go by what level the old clinic has you at they look at your transfer paperwork and give you whatever levels your time in treatment and clean UA's will allow....you might wanna look into this...

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

kjacobs84

#46 [url]

Jun 6 13 9:58 AM

If I had another clinic that wasn't of the same company in reach I would go. Also I was told that if I miss 3 days ill be kicked out completely. This leaves me in a horrible prediciment!

Quote    Reply   

kjacobs84

#47 [url]

Jun 6 13 2:38 PM

I still am not sure if it pays for me submit a grievance or not anymore. If ur will do any good.

I've honestly never had too much an issue with craving drugs this past year of going to the methadone clinic, but now it has all changed. I feel so slighted that part of me wants to give up on my recovery at this point. I'm so angry, never been punished for a long pattern of good behavior.

Anyhow, I'm sorry for ally rants on this thread. ill wrap it up as it doesn't look like anything is going to change. Your support and advice is what kept me going thru this past week. I cant concentrate on much else. Glad I found this site and plan to help others on here as much as you've been helping me.

Quote    Reply   

maronne

#48 [url]

Jun 6 13 3:52 PM

I understand how you feel.  I've not taken any illicit substances nor have I drunk any alcohol since after the first few months of being on MMT - and like I said, I've been there eight years.  I'm not saying this to brag or toot my horn, I'm just mentioniong it because others seem to mention that they are compliant for _________ years with their stories too.  I KNOW that I'm one of the more trustworthy patients at my clinic, but WHATEVER!  It almost seems as if they must reach a quota of "catching people doing something wrong" in order to keep their license to run the clinic . . . and I'm pretty weak at standing up for myself at my clinic.  I'm always reminded that takehomes are a PRIVILEGE . . . NOT a RIGHT. 

Quote    Reply   

mike75

#49 [url]

Jun 6 13 4:09 PM

I have callbacks twice a week on Monday and Thursday and on those two days i must call in to the automated line and put my ID# and then it tells me if i am scheduled to come in the next day or not.I get a weeks worth of take homes and could probably get two weeks if i wanted but i would rather keep it weekly for now.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#50 [url]

Jun 6 13 6:05 PM

I have callbacks twice a week on Monday and Thursday and on those two days i must call in to the automated line and put my ID# and then it tells me if i am scheduled to come in the next day or not.I get a weeks worth of take homes and could probably get two weeks if i wanted but i would rather keep it weekly for now.

-mike75

To me this is an awfully backwards way of Random Bottle Recalls defeating the surprise attack....because in all actuality you know what to expect when to call etc....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#51 [url]

Jun 7 13 2:59 AM

To me this is an awfully backwards way of Random Bottle Recalls defeating the surprise attack....because in all actuality you know what to expect when to call etc....

-wayovermyhead

Well exactly what I was thinking!! What's the point of having call back's if people know when to expect them all the time, plus the frequency of them sounds ridiculous.

Far better, if they are going to do call backs (which I'm not sure I agree with anyway) to do them less often and when people don't know they're happening.

We don't have call backs here, but then the maximum you can get with methadone is weeklies. You can get sometimes 1 month with Bupe, but only if you've been in treatment and ultra compliant for eons.

I am going to ask, given that I now know Bupe people get monthlies, if I can get fortnightly. I don't see why it would be a problem, as I have all negative UA's for years, and am never a "problem" for the clinic.

@Kjacobs - I know how you feel. It's a difficult situation and you feel like, what is going to change if I file a grievance.

The least that can happen is that the clinic make sure that they tell all patients that they are calling on a private number, and maybe they will re look at the complete loss of your take homes?

I think that in other clinics, for this kind of situation, a patient would lose their TH's for 30 days, and then would start again but phased down a level. Not having to start right from freaking scratch.

Did you sort out what will be happening for your sister's wedding?

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#52 [url]

Jun 7 13 3:13 AM

@Kjacobs - re-reading your post, I would definitely file a grievance about them not wanting to give you any TH's for your sister's wedding. That is beyond ridiculous, they can't expect you to miss it surely?

I think that @Way's suggestion f calling the State Methadone Authority and explaining the situation would be a really good idea.

You shouldn't have to choose between your family and your treatment, that is just plain wrong.

What state are you in? Sometimes there are clinics that people don't even know about, so it might be worth checking the clinic locator to see if there is a clinic you could switch to?

Quote    Reply   

kjacobs84

#53 [url]

Jun 7 13 5:01 AM

@sapphire, I live in WI. I'm going to call the director of the clinic I started out at in Milwaukee which is not affiliated with the qAM clinics. I went there for about 2months before switching because I moved. That clinic is about 50miles away. if they are willing to let me back on my phase because of all my clean time, I should only have to go once or twice a week and the drive wouldnt be so bad going only once or twice. But its a huge maybe, I'm not sure what theyll say. I surely cant switch if I still have to go daily. I can't drive there and back every day.

And still nothin regarding the wedding,nothing like making me wait til last minute!

Quote    Reply   

tina41602

#54 [url]

Jun 7 13 7:32 AM

-mike75

Mike, callbacks for us in KY is the same way, it just started since BHG took over... I call on Monday and Thurs., since this is new to me, can you tell me a little about the type call back? ie is it better or worse than before.
Tina

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#55 [url]

Jun 7 13 1:13 PM

@sapphire, I live in WI. I'm going to call the director of the clinic I started out at in Milwaukee which is not affiliated with the qAM clinics. I went there for about 2months before switching because I moved. That clinic is about 50miles away. if they are willing to let me back on my phase because of all my clean time, I should only have to go once or twice a week and the drive wouldnt be so bad going only once or twice. But its a huge maybe, I'm not sure what theyll say. I surely cant switch if I still have to go daily. I can't drive there and back every day.

And still nothin regarding the wedding,nothing like making me wait til last minute!

-kjacobs84

I think this is a wonderful Idea.  Listen no matter what phase you are on to include level one...a clinic can immediately get someone 3 day takehomes when they have 50 or more miles to drive one way (100 both ways actually some States have 75 miles both ways) So if you went back to old clinic you would immediately be eligible for the "hardship exceptions".  We have people at my clinic that get 3 hardships after 30 days of admission with one clean UA.  If they transfer and have a clean UA from their last clinic they are allowed this immediately. 

Furthermore I bet they would allow you to return to your level with the right amount of clean UA's and 30 days if you presented them with the entire situation and what happened....NOW LOOK I AM NOT FUSSING AT YOU FOR NOT TURNING THAT LETTER IN BUT I AM SAYING THAT YOU NEED TO NOT LET ANY GRASS GROW UNDER YOUR FEET WITH THIS...SO SOMETHING DOES NOT BEAT YOU TO IT.  Be assertive and and aggressive in your manner of prioritizing everything....

Sit down and write the Director of your old clinic a letter asking that you be allowed to return there and pour your heart out about your sister's wedding and how you feel the punishment does not fit the crime about the callbacks Do not even mention that second reason tho as in the transfer paperwork it will not be a part of that.  All to often people/patients think your entire follows you to a new clinic but it does not....it is about 6 or 7 sheets of paper.  Patients have transferred because they were demoted many times and the new clinic never even knew it and started them at the time of attendance and negative UA's evident in the transfer paperwork. 

I would tell you to do the same but time has elapsed since the incident and too big of a deal has been impressed in the old clinics mindset and they will probably make sure they add some kind of note to reflect your demotion so beat them to it and tell the director what you are up against and that you are going to have to leave treatment if you are not given some consideration for all the credit and compliance you have in your favor.   Maybe even a line ot two from your mother might help etc....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#56 [url]

Jun 8 13 4:49 AM

-kjacobs84

That sounds like a really good idea. If they are a better clinic, it will be worth the drive not to have to out up with any of the BS that your current clinic are putting you through.

When will you find out about the wedding? This seems completely inhumane that they are putting you through this. This situation is definitely something that I would file a grievance over.

Quote    Reply   

LeforaGuest

#57 [url]

Jun 8 13 6:41 AM

Listen no matter what phase you are on to include level one...a clinic can immediately get someone 3 day takehomes when they have 50 or more miles to drive one way (100 both ways actually some States have 75 miles both ways) So if you went back to old clinic you would immediately be eligible for the "hardship exceptions".  We have people at my clinic that get 3 hardships after 30 days of admission with one clean UA.  If they transfer and have a clean UA from their last clinic they are allowed this immediately. 

-wayovermyhead

Do you know if this is true in Memphis?  If this was the case, I could financially do it.

Quote    Reply   

mike75

#58 [url]

Jun 8 13 8:49 AM

Mike, callbacks for us in KY is the same way, it just started since BHG took over... I call on Monday and Thurs., since this is new to me, can you tell me a little about the type call back? ie is it better or worse than before.
Tina

-tina41602

I just started getting weeklys about the time this started so i don't know how things were before but i do know now we have to call in twice a week.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#59 [url]

Jun 8 13 9:54 AM

No I do not know if Memphis or better yet the State of Tennessee will do this but I think they do....I am going to attach a link to the Tennessee guidelines and you need to read the takehomes and the hardship exception paragraphs...Page 22....Paragraph 4 (xi)...states that hardship due to travel to and from clinic will be considered in receiving takehome dosages....

http://www.tn.gov/mental/up_event_images/Rulemaking%20Hearing%20Rules%20Filed%20by%20SOS-FINAL%20FILING09202012.pdf

When you do not see any specific set out rules in State Guidelines it is indicative that the Federal Rules apply...So as seen in the above paragrapgh in the Tennessee Rules it is safe to say the State does the same as the Federal Rules say about the exception for "hardships"  so we go to Tip 43 (btw I found a neat FREE link that shows the tip in a book format.).
http://books.google.com/books?id=iTRVbjADlpYC&pg=PA22&lpg=PA22&dq=Tennessee+State+Methadone+Authority+Final+Guidelines&source=bl&ots=N-wttw6erV&sig=2Sy1DmGkUWF95UdnXESpKGSixEU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=YWizUZSwJrSG0QGgvoDYCg&ved=0CH0Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=Tennessee%20State%20Methadone%20Authority%20Final%20Guidelines&f=false

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

allison93

#60 [url]

Jun 8 13 10:45 AM

The thing I would be most upset is not getting a dose! I didn't know clinics could take always A DAY of medicine. I know they can take away take homes, I never knew they could take away days of medicine. At my clinic no matter how bad you mess up you still get every day of the weeks medicine.

Can someone explain to me why they take away a day of medicine? Is it bc they don't trust you with a Sunday take home and they are closed on Sunday ?

If so that's so beyond fucked up. My clinic by no means is the best but I'm glad I don't have to worry about the possibility of them not giving me my methadone for a day.

"There is a way to be good again." Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help