Remove this ad

15plusyrsonmmt

#441 [url]

Jul 6 13 5:55 AM

Hey Phillip - So I messed up, their hours are unusual at that clinic. They're only open til 11am EACH DAY. I just thought it was a Friday thing...but no, it's everyday. So I couldn't make it in time- but please know I haven't forgotten you. It's just that Sheffield is about 1hr 15mins from me & I just couldn't make it in time. But I WILL go on a fact-finding mission still, I promise. :-)

Hang in there man, you're a good guy for caretaking for your gma! (Check your PM's)

All My Best~ "Raffiniert ist der Herrgott, aber boshaft ist er nicht." - Einstein ("Subtle is the Lord, malicious He is not.")

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

zac talbott

#442 [url]

Jul 6 13 6:30 AM

Just one FYI (and it might not matter & be worth the trade off if Sheffield ends up being a good program, esp. considering it's closer)... Alabama (under normal regs without a state-approved special/exception to the rule) only allows a max of 2 weeks takehomes at a time... Georgia allows up to 4 weeks at a time (after 2 years time in treatment and at least 1 year licit UAs)...  Just FYI & something to consider.  Even if the AL clinic is half the distance it would end up being the same amount of time & travel in a month (possibly even more since it's 2 days instead of one per month) because you'll have to make that trip twice, and you would only have to make the trip once a month to a Georgia clinic.  Just something to consider as you're making your final decision about what to do @philly.

And thank you for helping him @15plusyrs... That is really, really awesome of you. And thank you for the email checking on me & sending healing vibes my way when I was completely out of the loop for the past week and a half or so. That truly meant a lot - and I'm VERY happy to know a strong patient (who will make a DAMN good advocate) in the State of Alabama that's attending treatment there. :-) 

zt

Zac Talbott | Director & Patient Advocate

Together we can make a difference!

Visit NAMA Recovery's We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine) Forums
and/or the Methadone & Buprenorphine Discussion group on Facebook

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#443 [url]

Jul 8 13 7:11 PM

@ 15plus: I appreciate all the info very much.. I PM'd u back, but do I need to write my message in the subject bar?? I sent the PM a couple days ago I do believe.. I usually get on here very frequently, but I've been really busy and my cell has been messing up so I've just been mainly been getting on my laptop when I get home. I'm prob about to file an insurance claim because I use my cell just as much as my laptop if not more because of being on the go and how convenient it is lol..                                                                                                                                                                                                       
@ zac: Yea I've still got plenty of time to check into both clinics and figure out which one would be alot quicker because It's going to be awhile before I have time to even consider transferring because of how much I've been working here lately. Today makes 12 days straight ugh. I really wanna hurry up and guest dose @ a couple different clinics and check them out, but I definitely can't do that @ the moment because of the whole 90 day ordeal.. I've been really stressed here lately because I've had so many problems just being able to get to the clinic because I have such a problem getting my gma to go with me because i can't leave her alone, but I just worked off days today and will be going on nights tmro so It's alot easier on me when I work nights because I don't have to take her with because I'm leaving @ 7:30am, and just shoot to the clinic and then go home and go to bed.                                                                                                                                                                                       I'm staying hopeful that by the end of this week hopefully something will come through though and I'll have my carry outs back. I can tell my dose is holding me a little bit longer, but I'm still having the withdrawals, but they're just starting up later than what they were before so atleast a little bit of progress was made on this last increase, but I'm just stuck now for states ridiculous 90 days that they think I should come. It was SOTA that come in my clinic the other day that  the nurse pulled to the side, and she has one of them hopefully working on getting my carryouts back, and I've got a couple other people as well working on getting them back for me, and of course I'm doing everything I can 2. I forgot how much gas $ it takes to go and make the 55 minute drive 7 days a week. It's just wasted $ that I shouldn't even be having to spend, and the stress of having to get my old almost 90 year old gma out. I'm trying not to stress about it, but the longer I keep going the more I keep thinking about it. Glad I've got this forum, and others to post on because It definitely helps.  

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#444 [url]

Jul 8 13 8:48 PM

I forgot how much gas $ it takes to go and make the 55 minute drive 7 days a week. It's just wasted $ that I shouldn't even be having to spend, and the stress of having to get my old almost 90 year old gma out. I'm trying not to stress about it, but the longer I keep going the more I keep thinking about it. Glad I've got this forum, and others to post on because It definitely helps.  

-philly115

My clinic would give someone two week takehomes in your shoes with 90 year old Gma etc....UUURRRGGGHHH your clinic pisses me the eff off.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

the elephantman

#445 [url]

Jul 8 13 9:12 PM

@philly: How are you gonna work all night in withdrawal?? For me that is just not possible.

Your clinic SUCKS so bad!!!! I would absolutely get out of their ASAP!!!! Its a nightmare. You should definitely be able too get takehomes. I mean, your having too bring your almost 90 year old grandma with you to the clinic every day. That is INHUMANE of your clinic to make you come every day givin your situation.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#446 [url]

Jul 9 13 5:09 AM

@Philly - if you want to send a PM it does require you to put something in the Subject field or the message will not get sent.

Can you not ask for hardship exceptions due to the situation with your gma?

Like @Eman, I don't understand how you can manage to work all night if you're in severe WD's.

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#447 [url]

Jul 9 13 4:25 PM

I'm just having to care give for my GMA tonight and the nights that I'm here.. I'm not having to do any physical work right now just washing her clothes, dishes, and making sure she eats and doesn't get into anything. The past month or two my uncle has mainly pretty much told me to just take care of her and not worry about anything else so I'm not really doing anything physical anymore I'm just like what you'd call a caregiver I guess for her 15 hours a day when my uncle is @ work.

Yea I feel like shit when the night goes on, but I have to do what I have to do because it's my GMA and she helped raise me when I was a kid and the least I can do is try my best to manage her and make sure her and NY uncle's house is taken care of and I'm still getting my reg pay. Like when I work days I still will actually do some work on the rental houses, but nowhere near what I was having to do because it's hard keeping an eye on my GMA and to do that too and I explained it to my uncle and he understands so we've got that worked out.

@ sapphire: Na I know how to send a PM its just 15plus has to send her messages in the subject bar so I was asking her if I needed to put my messages there also so she could read them. She has problems with her phone on here being able to actually send the message so she has to put the message in the subject bar.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#448 [url]

Jul 10 13 5:06 AM

@ sapphire: Na I know how to send a PM its just 15plus has to send her messages in the subject bar so I was asking her if I needed to put my messages there also so she could read them. She has problems with her phone on here being able to actually send the message so she has to put the message in the subject bar.

-philly115

A few people have problems with that, I think it's just on Android phones though. People are having to put the message in the Subject field.

I'll have a chat with Way and see if there is any way we can resolve this.

Quote    Reply   

15plusyrsonmmt

#449 [url]

Jul 10 13 5:23 AM

Hey Phillip - Did you receive those emails from me? I haven't been able to be on here much...long story. I forwarded you the emails that the Sheffield Clinic sent me; it has the daily price, admission fees, phone number and contact person for transferring, AND YES they will accept your dose. Also they are now open til 1pm daily instead of 11am. Just let me know if you got them or not and if not I will resend.

Also as I have pointed out before just don't forget the maximum amount of takehomes in Alabama will be 13 maximum, so yes that would be coming twice a month when you hit your highest phase.

I hope this has you all squared away for now and you have all of the information you would need if you were to ever decide to transfer.

Good day!

All My Best~ "Raffiniert ist der Herrgott, aber boshaft ist er nicht." - Einstein ("Subtle is the Lord, malicious He is not.")

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#450 [url]

Jul 10 13 8:16 AM

A few people have problems with that, I think it's just on Android phones though. People are having to put the message in the Subject field.
I'll have a chat with Way and see if there is any way we can resolve this.

-sapphire76

Eman is the same way with his phone there is no way to resolve it on our end....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

the elephantman

#451 [url]

Jul 10 13 4:10 PM

Eman is the same way with his phone there is no way to resolve it on our end....

-wayovermyhead

Yea its nothing the forum would be able too resolve. Its all android phones from what i can tell.

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#452 [url]

Jul 14 13 6:51 PM

@15plus: Yea I got the emails from ya.. I've been super busy here lately. I've been working alot of hours, and also having to get alot of stuff done @ my clinic, and me and abby have been speaking with IRA finally. IRA straight up tried to say he didn't have anything to do with me coming 3 months and tried to put it off on the clinic, and that's what he told abby, and then I spoke with him and he said he made a mistake and meant to put 3 weeks not 3 months yea ok I call BS.. Now he's changed his story a third or 4th time saying that I have to get a peak and trough done and wait on the results to come back to see what my levels are from my last increase before I can get my carry outs back, but if my levels are still low which they will be that I will have to keep coming daily and not only have to get a peak and trough every 10mgs now, but I have to get a peak and trough done every 5 mgs. I think I'm pretty close to a stable dose, but O'connell will luckily be @ my clinic tuesday so i'll try n get him to fix the BS with me getting 5mg increases because that's just ridiculous again. I'm not stressing as much because I can tell this dose is holding me a little better so I think I'm getting closer to stability in my dose. I still feel bad @ night when I'm trying to sleep, but I'm just trying to get to a dose that holds me a full 24 hours or atleast almost 24 hours I'd be content with a dose that holds me 20-22 hours.. I'm not going to settle for anything less than a dose that holds me me for 24 hours though.. 

Quote    Reply   

the elephantman

#453 [url]

Jul 14 13 7:15 PM

@philly: Damn philly, i thought advocates would turn things around for patients. I understand the 3 week thing is better but EVERYTHING else is much worse. What in the world?? Do you think because you got NAMA involved that they're pissed and now their reacting???? WTF????

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#454 [url]

Jul 14 13 8:11 PM

@philly: Damn philly, i thought advocates would turn things around for patients. I understand the 3 week thing is better but EVERYTHING else is much worse. What in the world?? Do you think because you got NAMA involved that they're pissed and now their reacting???? WTF????

-the_elephantman

I love abby she is one of the best people I know in the MMT advocacy world...truly an asset to NAMA....but I am thinking that she (abby) would have to be a magician to get Philly's clinic to act right. 

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#455 [url]

Jul 15 13 4:33 AM

I love abby she is one of the best people I know in the MMT advocacy world...truly an asset to NAMA....but I am thinking that she (abby) would have to be a magician to get Philly's clinic to act right. 

-wayovermyhead

Yeah, I think you're right there. The clinic clearly have Philly's card marked and are going to make things as difficult as they can for him.

I hope that getting NAMA involved didn't make things worse, but as they were sooo bad anyway, I can't see it'll make too much difference!!

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#456 [url]

Jul 15 13 8:48 AM

Abby has been great and been there for me and spent alot of time on my case and done a very good job. I'm glad I got introduced to her thru zac t.. Things are better now because if Abby wouldn't have got in contact with him and told me to call him as well because he requested to speak to me then I would still be stuck coming 90 days with no chance of an increase, and now I. can get an increase and won't have to come the full 90 days.

IRA tried to say he had nothing to do with me coming 90 days then he said he meant to put 3 weeks not 3 months, and then said a day later that he needed a peak and trough with my levels normal before I can get my carryouts, but that can be fixed I'm sure. I'm just glad things are starting to get somewhat better even though they're still not great. I'M JUST glad I got out of the 3 month dosing daily deal. My dose is finally holding me a little longer so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe I'm almost there, but IRA coming up with this 5mg BS is him just being complicated again. I think IRA doesn't want me getting to 200mgs is what it is. IRA said to me that he wanted to see me get off this stuff and I told him I couldn't ever think about that if I kept having to jump through hoops and take all these peak a s troughs every 5 to 10mgs.. IRA was already talking about a taper when I'm just trying to get to a stable dose. He's anti methadone is what it sounds like to me and how he got his position idk, but Tennessee has him and Doug Varney making our treatment hell here.

I'M going to keep pressing the issue even if I get to a stable dose soon because I don't want to continue seeing patients getting underdosed and having to deal with it here because there's a lot.

Quote    Reply   

15plusyrsonmmt

#457 [url]

Jul 15 13 12:18 PM

I swear man...YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH IT WITH YOUR CLINIC! Just wondering, do they realize that YOU have joined NAMA? They need to know that.

Anyway- always here for ya! I swear I'm not full of it when I tell you that you do have GOOD Karma heading your way- sometimes you've just gotta wait it out!

I've been away from the Dawg a lil due to crazy fam probs (don't die in a third world Muslim country btw!) but I'm just now getting caught up on reading this. I really look forward to reading all of 'you guys' posts...I learn lots.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#458 [url]

Jul 15 13 2:53 PM

IRA tried to say he had nothing to do with me coming 90 days then he said he meant to put 3 weeks not 3 months, and then said a day later that he needed a peak and trough with my levels normal before I can get my carryouts, but that can be fixed I'm sure. I'm just glad things are starting to get somewhat better even though they're still not great. I'M JUST glad I got out of the 3 month dosing daily deal.

-philly115

"he needed a peak and trough with my levels normal before I can get my carryouts,"

Hmmmm. So what exactly is this saying???  He agreed to give you your takehomes in 3 weeks but he doesn't agree unless you get a normal peak and trough?  Is this not contradicting?  Because a Normal Peak and trough would mean you need no more increases and you were stable on your dose so what I understand is you will not get your full takehomes back until you are at a stable dose....Did I over read it?  And btw who is IRA? 

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

g0t2b d0sed

#459 [url]

Jul 15 13 5:02 PM

I agree with Way, it does souf as if you're being told you'll only receive takeouts once you're stable. I mean what constitutes "normal" when in MMT what's "normal" for one may not be for another. There is what's considered "an effective range", but again, not the same for everybody. That just doesn't make sense and seems like its just another loophole or way to jerk you around! Also, what it who is "IRA"?

0UT 0F SUFFERiNG HAVE EMERGED THE STR0NGEST S0UlS THE M0ST MASSiVE CHARACTERS ARE SEARED WiTH SCARS -AMYlYNN 

Quote    Reply   

mike75

#460 [url]

Jul 16 13 3:25 AM

Its ridiculous what Philly and every patient trying to get to a stable dose over 120mg is going through.There are some very bad people in charge of Tennessee and i would love to see them get kicked to the curb.I am on 130mg daily but it doesn't hold me so i add a few milligrams to my dose out of from my take homes which means i run out a couple days early but hey at least five days a week i am somewhat stable.It pisses me off because i know i need more than what i am getting but i never will due to how screwed up things are here in regards to going over 120mg.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help