Remove this ad

philly115

Lead

Mar 24 13 4:17 AM

Tags : :

Been a while since I've started a new topic lol, but I didn't want to start it with this.. As u all remember I was having to go and get my peak and trough and all that, well my results come back really low 233/555 not too long ago, and my doc sent off for an increase, and I got approved to 160, but the issue now is state wants me to take another peak and trough..

I'm really not understanding this my levels are lower than anyone else I've talked to @ my clinic, and the doctor even said they were super low like my gas tank is running on empty. Tennesse the state is wanting me to take another peak and trough after I got a whopping huge 10mg increase I mean what do they think my levels are going to shoot up 200 points lol.

Pretty much I've got room with my levels for 3 or 4 increases this time and the doctor told me I should, but he said we had to see what state said, but he said they normally always approve. My levels being as low as they are, and me only getting a 10mg increase and that's it just shows me that Tennessee is garbage I was actually trying to start thinking well maybe Tennessee isn't 2 bad, but to have my doctor looking @ me agreeing I need an increase and my levels as low as they are and send off for an increase because I'm still in withdrawals, and state deny it because they want me to have another peak and through after my "HUGE" 10MG increase off this peak and trough.

I just kind've wanted to let u all know what was going on with me. You'll go broke paying 30 something $'s every 10mgs here in Tennessee. They make us come for seven days, and say if I needed another 30 MG's for instance it would take me about 4 months which is insane. I think this is it and I should go out of state since the state wants to do people this way.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

the elephantman

#1 [url]

Mar 24 13 7:59 AM

30somethin dollars for every 10mg is ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS!!!! They're just wanting u to get so frustrated that u give up. U gotta get outta that state ASAP!!!!

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#2 [url]

Mar 24 13 10:30 AM

@ Eman: That's what I was thinking I agree completely I think the state is trying to frustrate me and by making me do another peak and trough for an increase their hoping I give up. It's ridiculous though because my levels are very low on my peak and trough, and I only got a 10mg increase and now they want another one which is crazy because my levels aren't going to change hardly much @ all from 10mgs and my levels are so low anyways that I should've been able to get at least 30mgs off this peak and trough if I needed it.

I was finally thinking well maybe everything is starting to fall into place and then bam this crap happens. There's no excuse for the state to make me do another peak and trough yet. I really hate Tennessee's MMT with a passion today was the last straw for me I believe.

I talked to them on the phone, but I'm going to talk to the doc Tuesday and see what's going on with the state wanting me to get another peak and trough after a small 10mg increase even though my levels as the doctor said are really low like I'm running on empty when I come in and dose everyday.

With the state doing this to me the only explanation is that they don't want me increasing anymore and this is their way to try and stop me is to get a peak and trough every 10mgs and pay 36$'s each test. At this rate it would be another year for me to get to a stable dose if I needed much more. This is so sad and sorry that this is how Tennessee treats their patients in MMT.

Quote    Reply   

zac talbott

#3 [url]

Mar 24 13 11:58 AM

What part of TN do you live in, @philly115, and, if you don't mind me asking (without reading back through the entire 3 pages of comments) what clinic do you attend? Is it one of BHG's clinics (who dominate MMT in TN)? I drive 1 mile into GA so as to not have to deal with the craziness of TN regs, and I was just curious what part of the state you live in... 

Hang in there; Some things are in the works that will hopefully effectively challenge & change the draconian TN regs, as they are a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act...

Zac Talbott | Director & Patient Advocate

Together we can make a difference!

Visit NAMA Recovery's We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine) Forums
and/or the Methadone & Buprenorphine Discussion group on Facebook

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#4 [url]

Mar 24 13 12:59 PM

@ Zac: I attend a BHG clinic in Paris Tennessee.. It's the state of Tennessee that's doing this though. With my peak and trough levels being 233/555 I should have no issues going up 40mgs or more on a peak and trough, but for some reason the state only allowed the doc to increase me 10mgs and that's it. The state is having me do another peak and through now which is ridiculous because how do they expect someone with levels as low as mine to really change in 10mgs it's just insane.

I KNOW exactly what it is and it's that the state doesn't want me getting on a dose any higher than what I am and they hope I give up because of how much $ I'm going to have to spend and how long this will take. Reason why I say that is because I talked to a couple of my friends and they got 20mg increases off their peak and troughs, and their levels were twice what mine where and my COWS were alot higher than theirs 2. This is by far the craziest thing I've heard of yet and Tennessee has really disappointed me this time and let me down. I can't believe the state of Tennessee would really treat a patient this way the way their doing me. I mean my levels are very very low and cows score is high, and they want me to get a peak and trough every 10mgs no matter how low my levels are because their super low now and they only let me get 10mgs.

This is very depressing because I was finally thinking things were looking up and that Tennessee was OK, but no Tennessee proved to me once again why we are one of the worst states of MMT if not the worst.

Quote    Reply   

zac talbott

#5 [url]

Mar 24 13 2:26 PM

I agree that the State of Tn regulations are draconian and counterproductive, I was just curious if you were a patient at one of the BHG clinics because many of them have been known to be just as bad as, if not worse than, the state itself... even prior to the new regs that went into effect this past December/January. 

I was asking where you live out of curiosity if any non-TN clinics might be an option (there are 3 MMT clinics in the metro-Chattanooga, TN strategically located just across the TN/GA state line, 1 mile or less, in Georgia as a result of the TN regulations, for example)... I don't know of any out-of-state clinics within a reasonable driving distance of the Paris, TN area, though... :-(  Despite the two BHG Clinics in Knoxville being MUCH closer for me, I chose to drive to Rossville, GA (metro-Chattanooga, TN) because of the quality of the clinic & to not have to be under the regulations Tenn.

You are not alone in your struggles, and know that there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes in terms of trying to reform the draconian TN regulations, etc. Please feel free to reach out to me if there are any questions you have or otherwise might need a referral to legal advice, etc., considering what the state is doing to you is very much a federal violation of the ADA....

In solidarity,
zt

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#6 [url]

Mar 24 13 6:03 PM

@ zac: There's two clinics that I could attend out of state, but they're not close lol, but I think I'm about to do that. One is in Alabama, and the other is in Missouri. The one I'm probably going to transfer to is in Cape girardeau, Missouri. From my exact location the one in Cape is going to take me 2 1/2-3 hours one way depending on if i'm leaving work or @ home when I leave to attend the clinic.

I called the one in Cape Girardeau about 2 months ago, and I couldn't believe how much better that clinic is and the difference between a Tennessee clinic and non Tennessee clinic. I like the staff that's currently @ my clinic, but only thing is my doctor is just filling in once again until we get another doctor then he's staying in Memphis. The doctor temporarily over my clinic is over 2 more clinics in Memphis maybe more.

I could understand if state wanted me to get another peak and trough if my levels were in the lowish/normal range and I had got a 10-20mg increase, but they're not my levels are in the bottom of the barrel low and I've only got one increase off this peak and trough so they know there is no way my levels are definitely not in any way close to being
where they need to be, or therapeutic..

Quote    Reply   

zac talbott

#7 [url]

Mar 25 13 2:47 PM

I agree... TN SOTA requiring you to have another P&T test with the levels that you had on your last one is not warranted & counterproductive to your recovery. Obtaining a stable dose is such an extremely important part of medication-assisted treatment that the state hindering that from happening is potentially damaging to your recovery & overall success in treatment. The problems with TN currently is that SOTA is controlled by those who don't fully understand the science of opioid addiction as a metabolic disorder, much like diabetes, and chronic relapsing disease of the brain (despite using words like "evidence-based practice," etc., when making press releases, etc.) which is most effectively treated with a medication-assisted modality. Things haven't always been this bad in Tennessee, and we are working towards a future where the current draconian practices will be a distant memory... But, for now, I completely understand (especially considering your needing an increase beyond what SOTA has deemed, unqualified as they are to do so, to be an appropriate dose level) your considering going out-of-state for treatment. What phase level are you on, if you don't mind me asking? Though 2 1/2 - 3 hours 1 way is quite a journey, if you're only having to go every other week or once every 4 weeks, etc., it really won't be all that bad. I journey 2 to 2 1/2 hours one way from Walland, TN to Rossville, GA myself... It's really not all that bad, and my clinic is so wonderful (and NOT under the TN regs) that it truly is worth the drive. You could always go out of state up and until you achieve dose stability & then transfer back if the drive it too burdensome to continue long term... While TN SOTA is very difficult to work with in terms of getting to some of the "higher" doses (though there really is no such things as a "high dose" or "low dose" since it's such a case-by-case thing), they typically approve doses of all levels transferring IN to the state, especially when there is a record/history of stability & success in treatment on a particular dose... Just bouncing some ideas off the wall. I would agree with you in terms of going to Minnesota vs. Alabama... While Alabama is better than Tennessee in terms of the regulations (I hate to admit Alabama beats us in ANYthing... ha ha), there is talk of them following Tennessee down this backwards path, so I think that long-term "security" in a "good MMT state" would be more likely in Minnesota with the way the winds are currently blowing... I wish you the best. Please keep in touch & let me know how it's going. I would love to have you join with NAMA-Recovery of Tennessee if you might be interested... We could use some representation in the Western part of the state!!!

In solidarity!

zt

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#8 [url]

Mar 25 13 5:34 PM

@ zac: I'm going in the morning to see the doctor and discuss with him and find out what's going on and what I need to do. The doctor that's temporarily @ my clinic is a great doctor, but there's nothing he can do about state because in the end state makes the final decision.

I'm guessing state is just wanting me to have a peak and trough every 10mg increase no matter what my levels are because of what dose I'm on. Makes no sense why they're doing this to me, but I'm not going to let it bother my treatment and stability. I'm really considering Missouri, Cape Girardeau clinic it's a Colonial Management clinic I believe and I've heard pretty good things about Colonial Management I believe.

I currently attend a BHG and it's got even worse since BHG took over 3-4 months ago. In Missouri though they told me I would stay on whatever phase I'm currently on in Tennessee and that I could get increases and still get my take homes, and not have to come daily while getting an increase. Also they said they don't do peak abs troughs that they do COWS and physical observations which is COWS technically I guess lol.

Zac I would be very interested in joining NAMA-Recovery of Tennessee.. The nurse in Cape Girardeau told me all the stuff I just wrote about how I stay on the same phase I'm on in Tennessee, and also if I get increases that I still get my carryouts the same day and all that which sounds awesome. Is that how alot of clinics do is they allow patients to get their take homes the same day they get an increase?? I currently get weekly carryouts zac, but I'm eligible for two week carries. Pretty much though tmro is probably going to be when I make my decision on what I'm going to do after I talk to the doctor and see if I'm going to have to get a peak and trough every 10mgs which I'm sure I will.

I'm going to go guest dose in Missouri before I fully transfer. I figure it would be a good move for me to guest dose where I can meet the staff and get a good feel of the place and make sure everything the nurse told me over the phone is correct.

Quote    Reply   

the elephantman

#9 [url]

Mar 25 13 6:12 PM

@philly: CMG (Colonial Management Group) clinics SUCK HORRIBLY!!!! My old clinic was a CMG clinic and they had dose caps along with very strict policies and extremely rude staff. Thats my own personal experience with CMG. Ive also read nothin but very negative info regarding CMG clinics. Just type in CMG(colonial management group) in the search bar at top of this page and read up on it. I can tell u much more of my experience with cmg when i get more time. Im bout to fall asleep bc i gotta get up early for work.

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#10 [url]

Mar 25 13 8:06 PM

@ Eman: Appreciate the info. It may not be colonial management, but for some reason I thought it was, but I do know that they said the one in Cape Girardeau is a privately run clinic which is a good thing because they said there's two kinds in Missouri there's state run, and privately run, and the privately run is a lot better. I'll do some research and find out for sure what the clinic is though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mike75

#11 [url]

Mar 25 13 10:55 PM

Sorry to hear your still having trouble Philly over this and yes it is ridiculous we have to put up with these crazy stipulations here and it seems like sooner or later something definitely needs to happen to get this backward way of running things to get stopped.Zak i'm sure you've read Philly's struggles and i hope your right about something being in the works to challenge these outdated draconian laws.I live in Tennessee myself and go to a BHG clinic but i originally transfered about six months ago from another BHG clinic because i was at 120 went through withdrawals did a peak and trough and got approved to 130mg.Well not long afterwards i did another peak and trough when like Philly said i should've gotten two or three increases off one test but no i had to do another peak and trough.Anyway i was told by the doc at my original clinic that he does not believe in anyone going over 120 and i was an exception but he said i would not be getting any more increases.Well i transfered out of that clinic and went to a better one where the doc believes in increases.Its the same doc that is temporary filling in at Philly's clinic in Paris.Anyway he is a really good doc who wanted me increased especially after doing a COWS test.Well i had to do another peak and trough but for some reason my results were coming back saying my levels were high so the doctor hands were tied because of my high peak and trough.I don't think the peak and trough test is reliable at all for some people because the testing may be flawed because some people metabolize differently and there is active and inactive parts of methadone.I think they need to do away with the peak and trough too and just do a COWS or physical observation.We are paying our hard earned money but not getting the full benefit of treatment because of all the backward guidelines or crazy stipulations not to mention all the hoops we have to jump through.Hopefully things do change here somewhere down the line......

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#12 [url]

Mar 26 13 1:34 AM

@ mike: I agree 100% with ya.. Here in Tennessee @ BHG they make us jump through all kinds of hoops more than any other clinic I've ever heard of. Just to name a few @ BHG in Tennessee we have to call our clinic twice a week which is on a Monday, and a Thursday to see if we have a callback, and we can get in trouble if we don't call twice a week on those days, and also they make us do these peak and trough tests, and not only do we have to do those and get approval from the doctor, but they go another step further and we have to get another approval which is from state which could go either way it could be approved or denied..

I just don't understand why there has to be so many obstacles we have to go through just to get to a normal dose here in Tennessee. Sometimes I read and here how most people have it @ their clinics and I realize that things could be so much better if Tennessee would just lighten up a little because they have way too many rules in place. I've had to fight hard to get to the dose I'm @ now, and most would've give up a long time ago, and I know many people @ my clinic that stop @ 100 or less or maybe a lil more because they simply cannot spend all the time and jump through all the hoops that they make us do just for a simple 10mg increase. I see some of these people like myself suffering and all these rules here in Tennessee are jeopardizing our treatment because we are inadequately dosed, and other issues..

Quote    Reply   

zac talbott

#13 [url]

Mar 26 13 8:43 PM

@philly115: Colonial Management Group (CMG) has their share of "horror stories" and problems just like any large, corporate chain of clinics (like CRC Health Group, for example) has...But there are good CMG clinics too. The Director of Florida NAMA-R (who is also on the Board of Directors & the National Chapter Coordinator) attends a CMG clinic & has had a relatively good experience with one of their clinics in Florida. One of the NAMA-R of TN members attends the CMG Clinic in Fort Oglethorpe, GA (which is metro-Chattanooga, TN...right down the street from my clinic...) and has also had a good experience for nearly 11 years with them. However, I've also heard of quite a few problems with different CMG clinics from patients over time as well... Just remember that the problems with different clinics/companies are ALWAYS going to be much "louder" because we all tend to speak loud & spread it widely when we feel we've been wronged, but we're not always so vocal when things are going good (though we should be, hence NAMA-Recovery also having a "Compliment Form" along side the "Grievance Report" that we encourage patients who are satisfied with their program to fill out). You'll just have to see what the individual clinic is like in Missouri, and I think your idea of guest dosing there before actually transferring makes a lot of sense. It sounds like you've got a good plan, and you definitely are informed & educated about your treatment and know what you need & want; that's a HUGE plus in your overall success in treatment! :-) Check out the NAMA-Recovery of Tennessee Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/NAMARecoveryTN and our "website" (which is rather basic since most of our online stuff is on the Facbeook page) is http://www.methadone.org/tennessee. Feel free to e-mail me as well at tndirector@methadone.org; We need some patient advocates in West TN, and I'd LOVE to have you join with us in the TN Chapter! :-) 

zt

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#14 [url]

Mar 27 13 10:58 AM

I appreciate all the info zac.. I went yesterday and spoke to my doc and he was very upset and angry that this happened he said he knows the guy over the state that approves or denies and that he was well overdue to call him, and that he was about to call him on my behalf.. My doc said that there was no reason for me to be denied only after a 10mg increase with my levels being as low as they are. He was very upset I could tell as was I and he seen how upset I was and I told him I was thinking about transferring because state is just ridiculous, and that's when he said he was going to call the guy and speak with him on my behalf which is great..

This doc that's temporarily filling in @ my clinic is my original doc and by far my favorite because he really does his best to help patients. I'm going to do another peak and trough, and the doc said that I'm not going to have to get one every 10mgs, and that this was ridiculous what they did to me and that it shouldn't happen again and that he was going to call him. Another thing that got me was they make us come 4 days during peak and troughs, but state put in a "SPECIAL" order for me to come 7 days this peak and trough which is another thing that me and my doc are not understanding. Its like state is trying to pick on me and make me give up. Everyone else that gets a peak and trough @ my clinic only has to come 4 days, but me 7 days so I'm special yea right ugh!!!

The doc told me to not give up and that he was going to make sure I get to my stable dose. Hopefully I can get to my stable dose off this peak and trough. The doc did throw another # out there though he said he figured with my withdrawal symptoms, and my peak and trough levels that I should be getting comfortable around 200mgs, and may need a little more than that, but that he figured I should be.getting lose if not stable somewhere around there so hopefully he's right. He did say that he's no psychic so I may need less or more, but that was his opinion on my symptoms and what he thought.

Quote    Reply   

zac talbott

#15 [url]

Mar 27 13 5:25 PM

@philly115, I don't really understand what you mean by "coming 4 days" and them making you come "7 days," etc... Are you saying that you are having to report for daily dosing after having had a Peak & Trough for 4 - 7 days when you normally would have received takehomes for those days? The day OF the test I know that patients would typically have to stay at the clinic for 2-4 hours after they dose for the "Peak" to be measured, but I don't understand all the reporting to the clinic on subsequent days... Could you explain better? Furthermore I talked with a clinic owner/operator from Georgia today that used to live in TN and knows a LOT about the history, politics, etc. of this state, our SOTA, DRD/BHG's domination, etc. and she is going to be helping with some of the "behind the scenes" things that we're doing here to try to make a difference. A class action suit against the state by a number of patients is what REALLY needs to happen (and it would be great if the providers would sign on as well, but I don't know if that will happen considering DRD/BHG has many state lawmakers & the committee that approves/denies certificates of need "bought and paid for.") It's a said situation in TN, but we ARE fighting & trying to make a difference. For far too long there's been a LOT of "bitching" by MMT patients in TN with very little real action... It's time we all get off our rears and DO something about what's going on, and those that don't need to hush up! :-) Ya know? So glad to have met you, and I look forward to having you as an advocate in West TN in the near future....

zt

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#16 [url]

Mar 27 13 6:54 PM

@ zac: They make us come 4 days in a row and dose in front of them for the peak and trough, but the state of Tennessee specifically stated for this peak and trough they want me to come and dose every day in front of them for 7 days. They've never done this to me, and I've got a friend starting their daily dosing tmro and they're only having to come 4. Also they're levels on the last peak and trough we're alot higher than mine and they got 20mgs off their peak and trough, and that's why I feel like they're doing me wrong because the state for some reason is making it alot tougher on me for some reason this time, but my doc said he was going to give some Jason guy a call that's the one that approves or denies and says what goes.

Pretty much my doc was very frustrated about what they did to me this time and said they are going way too far and making me do too much and that he is going to call and speak with Jason so I'm guessing he's going to pretty much stand up for me because I'm actually a really good guy and me and the doc are on great terms and I like him as he does me, and he sees that I'm making an honest effort and just trying to achieve stability on my dose. Yea I'm starting my seven days tmro of daily dosing for my peak and trough because my doc showed me today that he really is pulling for me and that meant a lot to me because he doesn't have to call the guy over approvals, but he is and he's doing his best to try an help me.

I'm glad to have met u on here 2 zac, and I appreciate all the info.. I hate to be one to complain about anything and it seems my last 6 months of treatment I've been doing alot of it lol well alot for me. Hopefully here pretty soon I'll be having alot of good things to say lol "wishful thinking".. No matter if things go smooth the rest of journey on my dose increase I'm still going to try and help people that are having issues with their doses, or anything else. I know how it is to have issues with the clinic because believe me I've had to jump through many hoops to just get to where I'm currently @.

I've noticed most people here in Tennessee just tough it out @ 120 because they know it's a long journey if they need anything much over it. Good thing is though there's alot that don't need more than 120, but then again I do know of a few, but if Tennessee would just not be so strict on the increases that would make things quite a bit easier. There's still alot of things that need to be fixed here. I know that no state has perfect MMT, but what I'm saying is currently @ this moment TENNESSEE has alot of room for improvement..

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#17 [url]

Mar 28 13 9:23 AM

The only reason they do observed dosing for any amount of days is to allow the 3 day stacking order met in full....meaning that the body has the full 3 days of a patients dose to see that no "cheating the dose" to lessen the peak numbers....My clinic did not even make me do any observed when they did my last peak and trough and all they did was the peak...took one day I had to come in and dose that morning my regular split dose then come back 4 hours later for the blood draw.  It pisses me off to hear this 7 day BS...HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HAD TO GO MORE THAN 3 OR EVEN 4 DAYS?

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#18 [url]

Mar 28 13 9:44 AM

@ Way: They never make anyone @ my clinic go more than 4 days. The state for some reason requested for me to come 7 days and be observed dosing for my peak and trough next week. My doctor said this is ridiculous. My counselor said this is the first time state or anyone has ever made anyone come 7 days. The state is just trying to make me give up is what it is. I'm not giving up I'm gna make sure I piss em off and succeed @ getting to a stable dose.

My doctor is calling the state and talking to the guy on my behalf because my doctor was furious when he found out what stage is doing to me about only giving me 10 mgs with my peak and trough, and making me get another one, and also the coming 7 days. It's plain as daylight that the state is picking on me for some reason and hoping I give up. I think its because I'm on a really high dose for Tennessee. I'm on the highest dose @ my clinic and I'm guessing state doesn't like that.

I've had to go through so much BS @ this MMT clinic that it's ridiculous. I've had to jump through so many hoops, and I'm not about to give up after how much trouble I've had to go through to get to where I'm @. If I lived in any other state I would've already been @ a stable dose along time ago. I'm telling ya here in Tennessee if u need a high dose and can actually achieve it then let me tell ya u definitely earned every single MG, and I can tell ya I've had to fight for every MG I've got and it's rough.

In the end I'll be happy because I never gave up, but I feel sorry for all the other patients in Tennessee that need a high dose like me because it's almost impossible to get it here in Tennessee. It's possible, but it's very hard, and u earn every single MG, and it will take forever. I've been going to the clinic since January 10th, 2012, and I'm just now @ 160mgs, and still currently going up.

It'll probably be another 3-4 months before I finally reach my stable dose. It takes anywhere from 3 weeks to 5 weeks here in Tennessee to get a 10mg increased after 120. There's too many hoops u have to jump through, and that's why in Tennessee most people are inadequately dosed. I'm making sure I get to a stable dose, and I'm glad my doctor is supporting me and keeping a positive attitude. I'm glad my doctor come back temporarily because he's helping me through all this nonsense.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#19 [url]

Mar 29 13 6:37 PM

uuurrrrggghhhhh, I am telling you this is all behind that Varney taking over......This is from his website...thinking maybe you might see if these people can help......
PHILLY try these people and let us know I am curious who they will try to help....their boss (Varney) or the consumer...

http://tn.gov/mental/recovery/oca2.html

Office of Consumer Affairs and Peer Support Services
OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM AND HELPLINE
The Office of Consumer Affairs and Peer Support Services’ Ombudsman Program and Helpline offers direct, individualized support and assistance to individuals who are experiencing problems accessing services and supports with the goal of enhancing outcomes and the well-being of consumers. To accomplish this OCAPSS:
Investigates and resolves complaints for service recipients
Operates Helpline and triages calls
Provides links to services and information on mental health and substance abuse resources
The program ensures compliance with state and federal laws that prohibit unfair treatment through the confidential handling of complaints.
Through the Ombudsman Program, OCAPSS staff helps to resolve problems by mediating the concerns of each person involved in the situation. The Ombudsman accepts statewide calls.
What is an Ombudsman?
An "Ombudsman" is a person who helps service recipients and their families resolve questions or problems. The Office of Consumer Affairs and Peer Support Services Ombudsman Program offers direct assistance to individuals who are experiencing issues accessing services and supports.
What can be done for me?
The Ombudsman mediates the concerns of each person involved in a specific situation and may serve as an advocate for the service recipients, the family, the state or, the provider when appropriate. The concerns of the service recipient are always addressed first.
For the Service Recipient the Ombudsman will:
  • Take time to listen to concerns
  • Keep all matters confidential
  • Assist in problem resolution
  • Inform persons of their rights and responsibilities as a recipient of services in Tennessee
For Families and Friends the Ombudsman will:
  • Help clarify regulations that apply to a specific situation
  • Provide information regarding alternatives
  • Provide information regarding access to services and supports
  • Suggest referrals to other agencies
When should I contact the Ombudsman?
When service recipients or their families cannot resolve their issues through consultation with the facility staff or governmental agencies involved.
What services are available through the Helpline?
Consumer advocates assist individuals with mental illness, serious emotional disturbance, or alcohol and drug abuse problems and their families to locate a wide array of support services within their community.
The Helpline maintains a knowledge base of current information on statewide contacts and resources, and consults with the mental health community, advocates, TDMHSAS, and TennCare personnel.

Consumer Advocates are available from 8 AM to 4:30 PM (Central)
Monday through Friday
800-560-5767
Local (Nashville): 615-532-6700
Email: OCA.TDMHSAS@tn.gov

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

philly115

#20 [url]

Mar 30 13 10:30 AM

@ way: Yea my doc said he was going to call state for me so I take it he's going to stand up for me and tell the state that what they did was wrong and with as low as my levels are that I should've got more than 10mgs. I've jumped through all this hoops and obstacles they keep putting in my way, but it seems like they just keep adding more and more BS to it, and making it nearly impossible to get on a higher dose here in Tennessee.

I'm not giving up though, but I know when I finally get to my stable dose I'll be able to say that I definitely earned that dose lol. I would've been @ my stable dose 6 months ago in any other state ugh. I'm just happy that my original doctor is temporarily filling in for a little while till we get another doc. I'm really hoping I can get to a stable dose while this doc is here. This doc here now is backing me 100% and knows that state is doing me wrong, and that's why he's calling the guy over the approvals and going to explain to him that I really need a higher dose, and hopefully he'll talk the state guy into letting me get to it on this peak and trough I'm taking this Thursday, but if not maybe one more peak and trough.

@ way: I'm About to check out that site that u listed and see what's on it. I told my doctor that I guess state hates me, and is just making it as rough as possible for me, and my doc said they don't hate u they just don't like any of us, and they really dislike any doses over 120, and they really don't like it that i'm getting near 200mgs. If state would quit being such asses and making it so hard on people then things would be so much better here in Tennessee. They make us in Tennessee have to get a trough to go past 100mgs, and then to go past 120 we have to get a peak and trough every 10ngs sometimes which is 36$s so needless to say it cost alot of $ and takes forever if u need anymore than 130mgs. We have to get approval from the doctor @ our clinic, and not only that, but they take it another step further than state has to receive the peak and troughs, and the docs approval and they review it and either approve or deny it so they have the final say which is completely BS!!! I do wanna become an advocate here in Tennessee where I cab start doing something about all this because Tennessee is very bad right now for anyone that needs a dose over 100mgs. I really hope that things start getting better and maybe tebbessee will look @ how other states do methadone treatment and hopefully follow the ways of other states because that would make it a lot better here.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help