Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#62 [url]

Dec 10 12 4:14 AM

Arggh, be careful with the beers @bum. You might not think you'll use, but then you get drunk and your inhibitions go out the window, and you just have one hit. You see where I'm goinjg with this.......

Quote    Reply   

deb08

#63 [url]

Dec 10 12 8:46 AM

There may be a reason someone offered to pay your clinic for a week and then you won $75 off of a $2 scratch off---you never know.. Just saying....Deb. 

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#64 [url]

Dec 10 12 4:03 PM

Could be devine intervention where God was making some things happen to make things possible or the devil tempting you to fail.....

I so understand that family "hold"  My mom would never help me unless it was her rules and some of them were unnecessary....Some of them served her better than they did me....I am by no means saying your Dad is doing that as he probably isn't my Mother is not the typical mom......She took no consideration in what I felt might help and in fact if I said....Oh Mom I will get so much better if I do the right thing always....go to church....turn my life over to a new way....etc....she would (just because I suggested it) say OH no, that won't work....absolutely not and start enumerating out the opposite.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

beth

#65 [url]

Dec 10 12 4:52 PM

I know if your Father is reading this he is probably saying those folks do not know you and what is best for you. With all due respect I would not discourage the bond between a Son/Daughter and their Parent.  But one thing I do know are statistics and averages in this field, not to mention I have seen people DIE, in the literal, to please a parent/family.  This is a life or death situation and not something to take lightly and the odds in this instance are against us.  I wish you the very best, but if you should start to slip, return to the klinik immed!!!      

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#66 [url]

Dec 11 12 3:15 AM

.  I wish you the very best, but if you should start to slip, return to the klinik immed!!!      

-beth

The problem was that @bumthat had to get off the clinic because he didn't even have enough money to eat.

I'm sure if $$ wasn't a problem that he would choose to get back on the clinic.

Quote    Reply   

lquaresimo

#70 [url]

Dec 12 12 1:11 PM

Hang in there Boo......but listen, how come you can hustle up dope loot but not methadone loot? Just curious----the day I found myself more concerned about getting my 'done than getting heroin was a turning point.....and it was not long ago.
good luck

-dharmageddon

Yeah I wondered that too. Why can bumthat find money for dope but not methadone and everything else he/she needs? I said he/she cause I don't know if bumthat is a male or female. I know dope can get pretty expensive!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

lquaresimo

#71 [url]

Dec 12 12 1:12 PM

The problem was that @bumthat had to get off the clinic because he didn't even have enough money to eat.
I'm sure if $$ wasn't a problem that he would choose to get back on the clinic.

-sapphire76

Yes but bumthat has the money to buy dope. Why is that?

Quote    Reply   

lquaresimo

#72 [url]

Dec 12 12 1:21 PM

I was thinking that too!! Bumthat, I hope this is your rock bottom, and that you manage to get srtaight with the clinic.
Most of our rock bottoms have been far more harrowing, which is why people are trying to encourage you to stay with the clinic and dose every day.
As an example, my rock bottom was homeless, unemployed, selling my body to pay for drugs, and disowned by all my family.
I know you don't want to end up like that, so it's important to stick with the MMT.

-sapphire76

I don't know if I ever did hit rock bottom. I hear some awful stories from other people. I knew I was spending money on drugs when I should have been spending it on other things. That's what did it for me. I wanted that extra money. So, I started asking for help till I found the clinic I am going to now. It was hard for me to get into a place for help. Where I was going for counseling at the time had a suboxone program but they had a waiting list so I couldn't get help right away. Then I talked to this one person and he said to try this other place and gave me the phone number. I called but they too wasn't accepting new clients. So finally I remembered this place my old neighbor used to go. It was a methadone clinic. So I stopped in there and I had an intake. They couldn't help me that day because I had to go for blood tests and urine tests. It was a friday and I couldn't come back till it was either monday or tuesday. So I had to buy pills that weekend to get through till they cold see me. Once I got in and had my first dose it relieved me soo much! I was sooo thankful and happy I was finally gettijng the help I needed. They started me on 20mg. About a week or so later I asked to be increased and they did. They gave me 30mg. and that's what I am on now. I have been going now for about 2 months. I am comfortable with the dose I am on. No cravings I just feel normal. I wish I would have started this program a long time ago. Now I have extra money and am able to buy the things I need AND want!

Quote    Reply   

the elephantman

#74 [url]

Dec 12 12 1:32 PM

And lquarismo, any addict knows why that is!! Bc the dope was more important than anything else. Its called active addiction. Ur quite fixated on bumthat right??

No disrespect but im tryin to understand where ur coming from.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#75 [url]

Dec 12 12 1:57 PM

I don't know if I ever did hit rock bottom. I hear some awful stories from other people. I knew I was spending money on drugs when I should have been spending it on other things. That's what did it for me. I wanted that extra money. Now I have extra money and am able to buy the things I need AND want!

-lquaresimo

Quite the unordinary for most if not all of us on this forum...(hope I am not speaking out of place by volunteering this) Except maybe Whippy...lol.  Maybe not I think we have a counselor or two that are on her too...maybe cherbear??  But most of us and addicts in general took it to the bottom. 

At my clinic if someone stays on 30...they are considered for detox within 6 months...I was amazed to find this out and found the reason was...the clinic is concerned with this low dose that people are staying low to be able to still use.  I forgot about this incident until just now but  back then I wanted to ask what would be a dose they wouldn't question client integrity but I forgot about it.  I was brand new in treatment.  I had asked my counselor why someone would be considered for detox if they refused to increase..This woman was refusing to go up but did not want to detox either???

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

lquaresimo

#76 [url]

Dec 13 12 4:20 AM

I'm not the only one that thought this. dharmageddon brought this up also. I know how the addiction works but bumthat said he hit rock bottom. Isn't that when you turn for help?

And lquarismo, any addict knows why that is!! Bc the dope was more important than anything else. Its called active addiction. Ur quite fixated on bumthat right??

No disrespect but im tryin to understand where ur coming from.

-the_elephantman

Quote    Reply   

lquaresimo

#77 [url]

Dec 13 12 4:27 AM

Hmmm...I don't know if my clinic considers you for detox if you stay on 30 or not. Maybe I should ask. I do know tho at group they told me if you start to come off methadone and you feel it isn't working for you they will bring you back up. So I don't know.I do know I brought it up to my counselor that I wanted to get off methadone and at the time I was and still am going through a lot of personal stuff (My wife passed away this Nov. 12th.) and she said that this wasn't the time to try to get off methadone. She told me that when I was done with the group I am in she was going to put me in a group that talks about getting off methadone.

Quite the unordinary for most if not all of us on this forum...(hope I am not speaking out of place by volunteering this) Except maybe Whippy...lol.  Maybe not I think we have a counselor or two that are on her too...maybe cherbear??  But most of us and addicts in general took it to the bottom. 
At my clinic if someone stays on 30...they are considered for detox within 6 months...I was amazed to find this out and found the reason was...the clinic is concerned with this low dose that people are staying low to be able to still use.  I forgot about this incident until just now but  back then I wanted to ask what would be a dose they wouldn't question client integrity but I forgot about it.  I was brand new in treatment.  I had asked my counselor why someone would be considered for detox if they refused to increase..This woman was refusing to go up but did not want to detox either???

-wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#78 [url]

Dec 13 12 4:33 AM

Yes but bumthat has the money to buy dope. Why is that?

-lquaresimo

You obviously haven't read the wole thread, as if you had you would see that @bumthat is now abstinent and looking for support in that area.

Quote    Reply   

bumthat

#80 [url]

Dec 22 12 5:42 AM

Just checking in. Fell off the wagon for a few days since it was my birthday but I'm staying clean now. Don't feel bad or nothing. Do crave but I'm staying strong! I guess the Mayans were wrong since the world didn't end and we all are still here lol!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help