FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

the elephantman

#42 [url]

Dec 6 12 4:33 AM

Yea im hopin u get thru this as easily as possible!! So today is day 6? U should feel the fullest effects from withdrawal by now no doubt.

How do u feel today?

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#43 [url]

Dec 6 12 5:03 AM

@Bumthat - by now you will be in the worst of the withdrawal, it's just a case of waiting it out. Please try to keep hydrated, it's very important during detox.

Quote    Reply   

bumthat

#44 [url]

Dec 6 12 1:54 PM

I have no idea what's up but I feel better than I have I'm the past few days! Slept 8 hrs but not straight. Ate a good meal and have some energy so I cleaned. Tomorrow is day 7 and I still haven't gotten any money so goin back is not the option which I'm sure my dad somehow knew that but I'm actually happy to be clean. Save more money! Really weird though! I guess someone is looking out for me or something I have no idea. But I'm clean as a whistle. I'm sure no one believes me but Atleast I know I'm clean.

Quote    Reply   

deb08

#45 [url]

Dec 6 12 2:02 PM

I believe you and I am glad you are clean!!! I truly believe you will make it whatever
you decide to do.  Stay strong.  Deb.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#47 [url]

Dec 6 12 4:35 PM

. But I'm clean as a whistle. I'm sure no one believes me but Atleast I know I'm clean.

-bumthat

Me too congrats...I hope you will think long term though and mayvbe consider getting back on MMT sometime down the road...Not by any means am I trying to burst your bubble just always afraid for my fellow Watchdoggers.  4 percent abstinence statistics....65 percent MMT statistics....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

dharmageddon

#48 [url]

Dec 6 12 5:23 PM

bumthat--why wouldn't we believe you? I am thrilled for you that you are not sick and that things are at least a bit more stable, you aren't pacing the floor worrying about getting dope, money, and feeling positive. I think some people may be waiting for the ball to drop or shoe to drop or whatever that saying is--but my prayer is that it doesn't and that you stay on this same path with little suffering and go forth into the wide world of sobriety......but if you can and do you may be the second person I have ever known of to have such luck. It can happen apparently, and you are fortunate.

Keep  your chin up and your focus wide.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be. -Pink Floyd

Quote    Reply   

bumthat

#49 [url]

Dec 6 12 5:37 PM

I can't be on methadone for long periods. Just too expensive but so is dope! Just stick to rumplemintz bourbon and ginger lol!

Quote    Reply   

bumthat

#50 [url]

Dec 6 12 10:07 PM

Wow I was messages by someone to offer to help pay a week of the clinic. I declined cause I'm not ill and want off but was shocked by the kindness! Some real nice and really caring people on here!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#51 [url]

Dec 7 12 2:57 AM

you should try taking people up on kindness sometimes you would have opportunity to pay it forward down the road...  Thanks to the Secret Santa...for the nice offer.

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#52 [url]

Dec 7 12 3:22 AM

Wow I was messages by someone to offer to help pay a week of the clinic. I declined cause I'm not ill and want off but was shocked by the kindness! Some real nice and really caring people on here!

-bumthat

Wow, that is so nice! The people here are the best!!

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#53 [url]

Dec 7 12 3:41 AM

I have no idea what's up but I feel better than I have I'm the past few days! Slept 8 hrs but not straight. Ate a good meal and have some energy so I cleaned. Tomorrow is day 7 and I still haven't gotten any money so goin back is not the option which I'm sure my dad somehow knew that but I'm actually happy to be clean. Save more money! Really weird though! I guess someone is looking out for me or something I have no idea. But I'm clean as a whistle. I'm sure no one believes me but Atleast I know I'm clean.

-bumthat

If you're a fast metaboliser, you could well be through the worst of it. When my husband did a methadone detox, he was sick as a dog for the first 3-4 days, and was not too bad after that.

I know that for me, as a slow metaboliser, I probably wouldn't even start to get really sick until about day 4.

I'm really pleased for you @bumthat. What are you going to do now? Go see your Dad, or look for another job where you are?

Quote    Reply   

bumthat

#56 [url]

Dec 7 12 5:55 PM

Well still doing good! Didn't sleep real well last nigh. I didn't feel bad but just couldn't fall asleep. Did sleep today cause I finally did at 8am. I'm so glad I did this! It's weird but this time it actually feels good to not having to take methadone everyday and worrying about paying. I'm not going to mess up and get back in the same position I been in lately because of my use of dope as well as the methadone.

I just don't understand why I haven't been sicker these last 7 days? Why would that be but if I was detoxing off pills or dope I would have been through hell. Cold sweats, RLS( although I had this just one night on the 3rd day), and lack of sleep. I'm not complaining by no means but just it's weird. Does this happen to anyone else?

I just wanna thank everyone for all the support and kind PM's.

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#57 [url]

Dec 7 12 6:51 PM

I do a lot of praying when I am detoxing...I pray anyways too...but who knows just thank god or goodness....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#58 [url]

Dec 8 12 4:16 AM

Yay bumthat! Sounds like you're rising out the worst of it.

For some people, and you seem to be one of them, withdrawal from methadone is less severe than from ( for example) heroin, or oxy's, but is longer lasting.

You're doing really well, and you should be proud of yourself for what you've achieved.

I do a lot of praying when I am detoxing...I pray anyways too...but who knows just thank god or goodness....

-wayovermyhead

I do too!!

Quote    Reply   

bumthat

#59 [url]

Dec 8 12 6:24 AM

It's crazy but thank god u know! Seems like things are turning around slowly. I paid all my bills and got enough to last me for the next week. Even won $75 off a $2 scratch off. Got to admit been thinking about making a call but then I sit back and think I got lucky detoxing is it worth pushing my luck? Nope it's not! Did have a few beers but nothing else. I'm not messing up this time!

Quote    Reply   

zenith

#60 [url]

Dec 9 12 5:33 PM

Keep in mind that having cravings, drinking alcohol already and thinking about using are not good signs, and you may want to seek out some support rather than just dismissing them.  Simply getting through physical withdrawals means very little--if that were the case, they could just lock up all opioid dependent people in a cell for that time period, let them out and they would be forever cured, with the memory of the unpleasant detox keeping them from ever using again--but that is almost never the way it works. 90% of those who leave treatment before they are ready will relapse within one year, and the vast majority within the first 3 months. That's not being said to bum you out, but to make you aware of the facts, because the serious consequences of relapse are many--loss of job, loss of freedom, loss of health, loss of life, to name a few. 

Also, wanted to mention to all that just because we take a prescribed medication to regulate disordered brain chemistry, does not mean we are not "clean", or that we ARE finally "clean" if we get off methadone. That kind of thinking is what drives people to get off their medication and all too often leads to disaster--the desire to be viewed as "clean" by their families, the people at their 12 step group, their probation officers, etc. 

Do we tell schizophrenics who take anti=psychotic meds that they should give up those meds and be "clean", or that they are "using" or "dirty"because they take them? Do we say that to bipolar patients who take lithium? Or people with major depression who take Prozac or Zoloft? Those are ALL mood altering drugs, they ALL treat biochemical disturbances in the brain, and they ALL have to be tapered off to avoid unpleasant physical symptoms.  Yet, no one tells people whose lives have stabilized on these meds that they need to get off them asap so they can be "clean".  People who have brain chemistry disorders often NEED "mood altering medication" in order to function normally, because their mood is not "normal" without them.  Mood altering meds are not something "evil" that we must run screaming from if we have a mood/brain chemistry disorder. Taking them does not make us "dirty" and getting off them does not make us "clean". Those words serve only to prejudice people against medication-assisted treatment.  I realize that we are all used to using them--I slip and do it myself now and then--but it really is important to try to remember that these words only help people to think badly of MMT in general, for reasons that are inaccurate. 

Question Authority!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help