Remove this ad

bumthat

#21 [url]

Dec 4 12 3:46 AM

He sent the money so hoping it comes soon so I can pay my bills. I slept for like 3 hrs tonight and been up since 1am. Sucks. My bones ache but that's it so far. Sucks so bad!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

bumthat

#22 [url]

Dec 4 12 7:42 AM

Just wondering. I have made it this far without any dope or methadone. I really don't feel 100% but I don't feel like death. Is it gonna get worse or should I just keep going? When I did it before it wasn't that bad? Just wondering?

Quote    Reply   

the elephantman

#23 [url]

Dec 4 12 8:15 AM

Yep thats as bad as it gets. ;) Goodluck!! Seriously tho, the 7th day of no methadone is usually when its most intense and it stays that way for the remainder of the time. From 2 weeks to a month, maybe more. Hopefully it will be over quick for u!! Im only being honest, not trying to scare u.

Quote    Reply   

ptrsnake13

#24 [url]

Dec 4 12 10:37 AM

You're right on that E-man. The 6th or 7th is when it kicked in for me and went on for 7 weeks.
  Also, my repect to you for saying publically what and why you feel what you do when it comes to Courtney. That's all I suggest. You have a complaint, air it.
Pete
Pete

Quote    Reply   

dharmageddon

#25 [url]

Dec 4 12 2:18 PM

Bum--that is great. I hope that allows you some way out of the despair and back into treatment and onto the path of stabilization. Are you at risk of grabbing the money and calling the dope dealer though?\

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be. -Pink Floyd

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#26 [url]

Dec 4 12 2:48 PM

I know that would be hard to pass up but it will make matters worse for probably no real pleasure.....THINK THINK THINK.....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#27 [url]

Dec 5 12 4:31 AM

He sent the money so hoping it comes soon so I can pay my bills. I slept for like 3 hrs tonight and been up since 1am. Sucks. My bones ache but that's it so far. Sucks so bad!

-bumthat

Is that money for gas to get to him? I hope that when you have some real life support of someone that loves you, that you'll find it a little easier to either carry on detoxing, or to get back on the clinic.

Good luck Bumthat, and keep posting!! x

Quote    Reply   

bumthat

#28 [url]

Dec 5 12 4:56 AM

No dope dealer and no clinic. I actually sleep for like 8 hrs some how. Felt good. No aching but not real hungry. Just tough it out.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#29 [url]

Dec 5 12 5:08 AM

No dope dealer and no clinic. I actually sleep for like 8 hrs some how. Felt good. No aching but not real hungry. Just tough it out.

-bumthat

Good for you. When you get the gas money are you going to stay with your Dad until you get on your feet?

Quote    Reply   

bumthat

#30 [url]

Dec 5 12 3:04 PM

Probably not. Just gonna get a job somewhere. I'm actually exhausted and bout to sleep till tommorrow afternoon when the money hopefully comes. Atleast I will be sober for my birthday! No more feeling shitty. Actually feel normal. Good nite. Ready for sleep!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

bumthat

#32 [url]

Dec 5 12 3:31 PM

I have no idea! It's weird. For me coming off methadone has always been easier than pills or dope. I honestly haven't done a thing

Quote    Reply   

skeetoz

#33 [url]

Dec 5 12 3:38 PM

I have no idea! It's weird. For me coming off methadone has always been easier than pills or dope. I honestly haven't done a thing

-bumthat

Lucky u! lol..I wouldn't attempt it.

Quote    Reply   

roman

#34 [url]

Dec 5 12 3:42 PM

@Bum, I TOTALLY understand the difficult place you're in - but I just want you to know this: You WILL NOT be over & done with the withdrawals in 2 weeks from being on MMT. It will take more like a full month. Even if you still go through with it, you need to plan on a month, not 2 weeks. Then if it takes only 2 weeks for you, hallelujah. But don't under-estimate it & find yourself in an even worse spot when you can't get back to work when you thought you would, etc. And by the way, even though I do fully understand where you are & that you need help, I think the idea of quitting MMT is the worst thing you could do - and I don't mean that to criticize your decision - I mean it to criticize your FATHER'S demands that you stop MMT in order for him to help you. That may not get you anywhere for me to say that, but the truth is that he's putting your life at risk solely b/c he doesn't like the idea of you taking medication to get better. Would he be that way if you had high blood pressure & needed medicine for that? Obviously I'd hope not. But no matter - since I'm not going to change his mind and it's doubtful that you will, I just hope you will REALLY put every ounce of effort you have into thinking this through BEFORE you make the final call on what to do. At any rate, WALKING OFF IS NOT THE WAY TO GO - you need to taper off, even if it's only over 21 days or something. Coming off 20mg was EVERY BIT as bad as coming off 120mg for me when I did it cold turkey. Keep that in mind. Best wishes to you, & I hope you make it, no matter your decision.
Oh, & let me add this: you've probably read about what I'm going through right now at my clinic - and yes, I'm pissed as hell with them. However, I can guarantee you that I WILL NOT walk off my dose. If I leave there, it will be 1) having had YEARS clean from illicit opioids under my belt, & 2) by tapering off slowly, not walking off & then getting sick, which ALMOST GUARANTEES you will fail. You're NOT going to get that sick & just sit there & wallow in it without getting the relief you know all too well how to get. I know this from experience. It's easy to say before you get into the sick part where you can't sleep for 2-4 weeks & you're almost out of your mind with delirium. When that stage hits, you're going to beg, steal, & cheat to get just a single dose of dope to relieve the pain & horrific ordeal you're going through. This is NOT the way to go for you - either stay on, taper over as many days as you can, even if it's only 21 or so, or go to a doc that will prescribe you something to help you get through - but you won't achieve this on your own unless your dad literally locks you up somewhere & won't let you out. I've been there, too, & it was NOT what the doctor ordered, so to speak. I ended up cursing out my parents, & my father was a preacher until 4 years ago when he retired. Saying "I don't have to take this fucking shit" to your preacher father & mother is not the mindset you want to be in, trust me. I said things to them that I can never take back, & it was not anything I'm proud of or like to remember. Just words to try to help you in some small way here. Again, best wishes.

-bkeithphelps74

very well said,wasnt it dr idiot that told mike star on celebrity rehab he had to stop
taking his methadone rite away,look what happened to mike,and alotta other folks out there
please listen,do the rite thing ,stick with mmt
good like to you
roman

Quote    Reply   

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#37 [url]

Dec 5 12 5:02 PM

I have no other meds no Xanax nothing

-bumthat

How long you been off???

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   

bumthat

#40 [url]

Dec 5 12 6:00 PM

5-6 months. I was tired but can't reallly fall asleep! I just wanna sleep till noon and get the mail

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help