Remove this ad

wayovermyhead

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#281 [url]

May 25 14 9:51 PM

Bumthat wow that was an oldie but GOD knows we tried very hard to get him on the right track...

I know he lives about an hour from me down in SC and I almost opted to go drag him to a clinic myself.....

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Wishing You Best In Love & Life 
wayovermyhead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mikeaust

#283 [url]

Jun 2 14 5:05 PM

This is such a sad story. At least here in Oz, if you can't afford to pay a chemist to dispense, you can go to the government dispensary and they will do it for free. You guys need Medicare like Obama wants. In a country that is a beacon of freedom where you have freedom of speech,gun ownership etc it seems crazy that you can't get medical help when you need it.

Using instead of methadone has to be the worst choice,Bumthat. But I can understand that you don't want to be manipulated by family members either.
I'm afraid I don't have any quick solution for you; you have to sum things up and make what is the best choice for YOU.

All the best,
Mike.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#284 [url]

Jun 3 14 4:27 AM

Hopefully the ACA and the Parity Act will remedy that, so that people on low income are no longer refused medical treatment.

I have yet to hear of anyone who is actually benefitting from the ACA yet though, as far as paying for MMT goes. Anyone else know anyone where it's paying for their treatment?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mikeaust

#287 [url]

Jun 4 14 6:24 PM

Hiya Cherbear!
                       Great to hear that CA's medicare expansion covers MMT! That's even better than here! BTW I wasn'thaving a go at the U.S overall, just the old Medicare system.
Mike.

Quote    Reply   

sapphire76

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

#288 [url]

Jun 6 14 3:44 AM

The issue seems to be the states that have not expanded their Medicaid programs to include the ACA. The states that have, hopefully this will mean that more people in those states get help.

If they are going to implement this though (ACA/Parity) the federal government should have made it law that all states would either expand Medicaid or give access to medical care vi some other avenue.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help